20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level (RELEASED pg. 25)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: 20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level

Post by MinePass »

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

You make good points. I am thinking, now that the harbor has been started, that we prefer to stay working within areas already begun. Give them detail etc. At the same time I believe most of the area terraformed to date can be developed satisfactorily by the time of release.

...I didn't see your edit! That's great that more of the model is finished. However TresGuy and I were talking, and he has pointed out that the model is a little too gross in size for the area we have for the town. So we've elected to use Rebel's Mansion from TC_Prologue instead. : / This being the case, I'd like to see one of your other models from RTJP work its way into the level.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Awesome, seeing some swift progress over here. I'm going to take the helm of editing for now, and will post my version as soon as I finish modding it.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

New version available!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9kkrrni5 ... y.zip/file

Lot's of groundwork has been laid for the level in this version.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looking good from here.

Few things:
*Further terrain textures ought to wait until Teromen has had a go at it, to maintain a consistent feel.
*Waiting to see how the harbor area shapes up, wasn't sure how to imagine where the Plesio skeleton goes.
*That valley to the side of the archway into the forest/town-area, is new and interesting. I am of a partial mind that it is ought for filling by some aqueous substance. Typing now as I do, it occurs to me that this may be an apt location for the volcanic lava region as suggested by MinePass in Discord.
*The town is looking great. I miss my L-shaped wall segments but this probably works much better. I suppose this is likely the final street arrangement?
*The Mod Museum looks great. Are we planning to skip the staircase? Also I LOVE the alternate DNA image animation. Looks better than mine. Though perhaps we could color it red. Meanwhile I personally feel the wall with the Hammond + RaptorJesus is ought for the mod mural as discussed.
*Good to see the blue admin finally imported. Now if only I could get inside.

EDIT: Okay I'm claiming the level. Should be uploading my work before bed.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Okay! Done my edit. I've imported several things, including a dino and some lava. Go check it out -

https://www.mediafire.com/file/re0vrmd0 ... 16.7z/file
TresCom20_Aviary02.png
TresCom20_Aviary02.png (443.58 KiB) Viewed 26987 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Oooh, perhaps this would be a good level for the long-planned scripted pteranodons in the aviary? Anne walks into the aviary, gets picked up by a pteranodon (ASA animate the Player), dropped on a nest, and she has to make her way across broken platforms, treetops, cliffs and so on in order to get to ground level or wherever she is going. All the while more ASA pteranodons fly in as she proceeds along, and shooting them puts them into a "death" animation and drops them to the ground. Not shooting them either hurts the player or brings her back to the starting position, as in the SEGA JP game. I believe I've got an aviary model in one of my levels similar to the JP3 one, and RTJP has one as well.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That sounds pretty neat. Some those ideas seem pretty fresh, I'd like to test a bit before implementing in the level.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Claiming this level again. The modding bug got to me :P
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:That sounds pretty neat. Some those ideas seem pretty fresh, I'd like to test a bit before implementing in the level.
I've messed around with some of the scripting for the aviary sequence a fair bit actually, I've found a couple of things that might make it a bit difficult to implement:
- Animating the camera can be finnicky and cause problems on level reload in CE. I'm still working on figuring out why. This only seems to occur in some levels so it might have something to do with triggers.
- Animating a CAnimal causes it to lock up in a "T-pose" while it is animating. An animated animal would therefore have to use the frame-by-frame animation like the pteranodons in TC~Isle and the parasaur in RTJP~Testing.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Attachments
TPass023resize2.jpg
TPass023resize2.jpg (131.58 KiB) Viewed 26952 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Well, that was quick! I like the way things are starting to shape up, everything still feels pretty reasonable to get done.

I'm gonna claim this for a second, just got a decent idea for the new aviary area.

EDIT: Here's my edit, got a bit carried away and had to throw in some of my favourite animals while I was at it... :wink: :
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2as2fip2 ... t.zip/file
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Awesome, really loving this pace we have going on. That being said, I will claim the level, do some work on it, and post it once I'm done 8)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh man! TI I didn't know you were that interested in Kaiju! Those are beautiful.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Oh man! TI I didn't know you were that interested in Kaiju! Those are beautiful.
Not so much a fan of kaiju as I am snakes, actually (aside from the classic Godzilla movies). What's better than a weird little reptile with no legs? :P I felt we should definitely be continuing the giant skeletons theme of this level as it is both unique and badass. 8) Would definitely like to see more of these kinds of things elsewhere in the level, maybe near the town? We could do something similar to the operations centre entrance with the bridge to the town...maybe have giant ribs surrounding it or something? Or make the whole bridge out of bone...

All these unique skeletons in this level make me think that little skeletal dinosaur sitting by the shore in JPDS~Plains (or is it Streams?) definitely deserves a spot in the JPDS display of the mod museum.