20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level (RELEASED pg. 25)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: 20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level

Post by TheIdiot »

I feel like we can bring the level back around to that central area once we get an idea of what we want there. The radar idea sounds decent, perhaps the objective is to find a few of them scattered around the corners of the level, turn them on, and then return to the center of the map or even the starting helipad.
I thought we agreed we wouldn't be doing seperate areas for each designer..? I like building off of others, or having others do the same of my work. That's what creating the community level is all about! Each person can build a section at a time and then the next can add something to that. Yes, the level needs to have a goal in the end, but how exactly we get to that goal should be left open until someone feels like implementing their own idea for an ending - that's what TresGuy did with the ending of the Tres20 level and it worked out nicely. Before that we were just taking turns building little areas here and there. I say we keep going randomly and if someone wants to add the radar idea into the level, we can work it into some of the areas we've built previously or are freshly building.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

I honestly think it's too early in the game for us to be discussing an actual ending.
Yeah we're not doing separate areas, but just editing and building off another's work. It's more fun that way. I feel this level could have multiple endings, with the endings being designed by different people at different locations in the map. For instance, once we approach the deadline of the level, someone could make an ending where the player escapes by boarding a boat in one corner of the map, and in another corner of the map, someone could make an ending where the player gets on a plane. This way the level gets a bit of replayability out of it.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'm seeing lots of healthy variation, that's good. Building off each others' work was one of the highlights of that map, for me. At the same time perhaps sometimes a person wants to be sure to have contact with others who work on one of their elements? Perhaps a specific puzzle that's their baby, and they want input and such as it becomes open to modification. Might come up.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

There hasn't been any news about the level's progress in over 2 weeks, whose turn is it?
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

It's anyone's turn! The beauty of the community level is that whenever someone finishes their version of the level, anyone can claim the next version for themselves and start editing their part of the level. Just make sure you announce that you'll be editing the level before you actually start doing it so we know who has it currently.

If you want to add your own things to the level, here's the latest version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6xpaiwgt ... y.zip/file

EDIT: No one claimed the level in the three and a half weeks since I finished the latest version, so that's why there hasn't been any updates. Plus, I was waiting for someone else to go before I contribute again.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

The community is atm in a bit of a downtime period I would say, where it is less active, which often happens during summers and the autumn. It will pick itself in good time. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

tatu wrote:The community is atm in a bit of a downtime period I would say, where it is less active, which often happens during summers and the autumn. It will pick itself in good time. :)
That's quite true, I myself do much of anything from late spring to mid-fall.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I haven't forgotten about this project. I plan on contributing to it later on, hopefully later this year. As well as making a news post about it. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm we could brainstorm some ideas. What sort of situations might we want to find Anne in, inside the level? Any particular dinosaurs? Buildings? Special items?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I had a couple of ideas when I roughed out the last work I did on the level. I was thinking of building some sort of village/town thing at the bottom of the hill and having a stream running through the centre of this town. Additionally seeing the work done last I think perhaps a "badlands" area would be cool, continuing with the rocky/bone theme, where the skeletons of various creatures are jutting from the cliffs and ground here and there in the area surrounding this village. Could have some platforming or puzzle-solving using the bones themselves as well.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ooo, a badlands area. Reminds me of paleontology. I think TrespasserGuy could help with that. ; )
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hellooooo and Happy New Year everyone! On my new dinky laptop I spent some time on this (finally). Been about 3 months since it was worked on, whew. Well there's lots of time. Meanwhile I did some foliage work, establishing a forest in the neighboring area to complement the wide open kaiju valley. As well, I created a set of building blocks based on the Mystery Model concrete town walls, but with animal-control textures. Sadly my laptop has a really strange error when trying to use GeomAdd, so I can't actually import it to work on it. So I've included the modded TPMs in their own folders, if someone (Drac stares at TrespasserGuy) wants to import them. No particular plans for them yet, beyond the obvious. Also left the foliage unheightfixed. Enjoy!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j556zakt ... us.7z/file
Attachments
DinoFireWorks01.jpg
DinoFireWorks01.jpg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 86081 times
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Alright, I call dibs on the next version of the level! Will upload it once I finish my turn.

EDIT:

Alright, here's the latest version of the community level. I've made some substantial edits to the starting area and beyond, all the details can be found in the editlog.txt.
"What do they got in there, King Kong?"
"What do they got in there, King Kong?"
TPass018resize.bmp (763.06 KiB) Viewed 85994 times
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jxl1lq5m ... y.zip/file
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Small edit, added some crates to the crashed Unimog. Few extras in the basement.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1t1vfjf5 ... s.zip/file
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Ran into some difficulties with my version of the level, but I plan to still release my version of it within the week.

EDIT: Aaand here we are, the latest version of the level: https://www.mediafire.com/file/hgbvrv2k ... y.zip/file