20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level (RELEASED pg. 25)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: 20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level

Post by TheIdiot »

Nice work, guys! The dino skeleton looks awesome, very cool idea to be able to walk under the ribs as well. I particularily like that area of the map so far...perhaps it would be cool to carry the theme of a rocky skeleton boneyard into other areas of the map?
Deadeyeguy - be careful you don't get too overzealous adding large new areas. Pre-planning too much of a large area might have been what ultimately killed the Tres20 level before it was finished. We need to be careful not to set our scope too large in order to avoid having things getting out of hand.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Yeah I understand that! It was hard to see the scale of the level because there was so little in the actual level already. So when I made my section I thought it was relatively medium sized. That is, until I played it after I uploaded it and saw how massive it was... hehe sorry about that :o

I'm completely fine if anyone wants to edit their vision in any part of my terrain. It's relatively flat in some areas where I had a general outline of maybe buildings or roads being there. However, I left them blank for another interpretation, or addition to the ideas if they translate at all just by looking at something.
In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Deadeyeguy_45 wrote:Back online! :pirate: And looks like nobody has uploaded a newer version than the one I had which is really awesome. Now to make sure I upload my file the right way so it's ready for the next person :yes:

NEW VERSION! https://www.mediafire.com/file/jdnufdqr ... 5.zip/file
Glad you were finally able to upload this! I'm liking what you did with the area around the dinosaur skeleton. I also like what you did with the terrain but I agree with TI saying we shouldn't have too much planned out, especially when we still haven't filled out that flat area at the base of the waterfall yet.
Last edited by TrespasserGuy on Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by morningstarring »

the skeleton is pretty cool don't get me wrong but it's a little too big. pic of it next to a normal size Trex. the skull is not normal dino size... just wanted to bring it up not that it really matters that much i guess.
Attachments
kinda big.jpg
kinda big.jpg (150.94 KiB) Viewed 84258 times
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

I really didn't have realism in mind when making that skeleton lol. I just thought it would be cool to have a giant skeleton to act as some eye-candy in the level. My editlog of my version even states the skeleton isn't of an actual dino, but could be some statue or an extinct kaiju :P

Also, I'm assuming from your screenshot that you've started editing the current version of the level? If that's true please make sure to state in a post if you've called dibs on the level so that no one get's confused on who has possession of the current build.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I personally like the giant skeleton. Perhaps we could tone it down a little bit size-wise, but I think it looks cool. We're not going specifically for realism here, after all - I think it would be cool to have many more skeletons like this throughout the level, as sort of a "graveyard of giants"-theme.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:We're not going specifically for realism here, after all - I think it would be cool to have many more skeletons like this throughout the level, as sort of a "graveyard of giants"-theme.
This! I think something like a level like this, people should use their creativity of what they wanna do. Even the dinosaurs in Trespasser is not a realistic size. And maybe this is some weird Wu hybrid we never knew about. ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

I thought it could be considered some kind of giant hybrid or something. it's a community level so anything goes. I have been looking at the level and doing a little editing. I'm not ready to go all in on anything so I'm not claiming it. I'm thinking about making a large building with an enclosed but damaged Trex paddock. some kind of control center and open area for dino encounters. if I make anything it'll basically be Rex country.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Ok I see, you're just practicing modding. It'd be interesting to see how your edits and what our official version diverge from each other.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Rawr! "That was great."
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

On second thought, I'm going to claim the next edit, so disregard what I said in that earlier post :yum: Sorry, but the modding bug got to me again. I'll post the next version when I'm done with it. I have a lot of great ideas now 8)

EDIT: Okay, here's the next version if anyone wants to view it or start editing!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6xpaiwgt ... y.zip/file

Didn't import anything new, except for some terrain objects that just share the same dirt texture that was already in the level, so I didn't bother to include that in the edit log. I've created a rudimentary path all the way from the helipad to the gorge underneath the giant dino's ribcage. Feel free to add any foliage or objects of interest into that area.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Love the area TPG! Adds a ton of character to that area. I'm hoping to do my next edit when more plant models are imported, but so far this area looks amazing!
In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That actually looks really nice.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Looks good so far, I like what you've done with the skeleton as it now "feels" like part of the level outside of decoration. Would be cool to have a section where perhaps the player has to use a big ribcage as a bridge - maybe something like that could go in the centre of the valley? Could even utilize that stream running down from the waterfall for such a purpose in order to tie everything together.
I haven't checked, but is that skeleton set to be Frozen using triggers? Probably a wise idea considering there might be physics problems if it ends up getting hit with a bullet or a rock or someting.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

I've read through the previous posts in the thread but it's a little unclear where we are on if the level will have a start and finish line. Are we trying to make it somewhat linear? or are we branching off the main hub where multiple paths can be taken without having to complete some prior objective/puzzle? If it's the latter what does everyone think about including a trigger that has to be activated in each branch off the main hub to trigger the end? For example Something like a radar beacon in each members area. once they're all activated the helicopter would be waiting back at the beginning of the level. I like exploration in levels but I also think there needs to be some kind of objective. I think this way would give more freedom to each members addition without having to have a strict layout or plan. Any thoughts?