20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level (RELEASED pg. 25)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: 20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level

Post by Teromen »

A medium green grass with dirt spread through-out maybe? Maybe at a larger scale too? Let me know what to make.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Calling it.
Teromen wrote:Terrain Textures
Well there were several in the package you sent me, going to try working with that first, I'll keep you posted.
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

As a note: I'm not happy with the color of the textures. Need more color.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Leave the color modding to me. They are definitely all too dull in color in their original state, but this is a simple fix.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright, took a bit but I've finished my pass of the level. There's now a camp site going in the freshy established desert biome, a call box to welcome folks coming off the helicopter, new additive TPA files, and some things.

Here's the latest version of the base terrain texture. Grass doesn't seem too reasonable when one imagines that true junglels and forests aren't ubiquitously covered in grass, but rather dirt and then moss or ground-foliage, grass glens here and there, etc.
TTeroMudTest01t2.png
TTeroMudTest01t2.png (58.19 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
This is the first version of the level to include TPA files. Have people been playing this in a "\mods\TresCom20\" folder, or in FMs, or what? With as many things going on it seems a good idea to dedicate a sole folder for TresCom20, particularly if we want a custom menu.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6ms0mc6c ... 16.7z/file
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

claiming this :D
In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

So I believe it's important to go over the terrain texture updates. To review, I'm envisioning a combination of compatible terrain textures from multiple sources, such as retail-Tres, alpha-Tres, MegaJungle, Lone Hunter, and Teromen's textures.

Here are some of the ones Teromen has cooked up so far. Note that these can be easily color-corrected and adjusted, serving as the basis for final textures. There are a lot so I doubt all of these will make it in. Favorites? Feedback?
Attachments
MudMoss01.jpg
MudMoss01.jpg (44.71 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
Mud01.jpg
Mud01.jpg (38.86 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
GrassMud02.jpg
GrassMud02.jpg (39.09 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
GrassMud01.jpg
GrassMud01.jpg (48.91 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
Grass07.jpg
Grass07.jpg (53.54 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
Grass06.jpg
Grass06.jpg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
Grass05.jpg
Grass05.jpg (48.79 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
Grass04.jpg
Grass04.jpg (47.71 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
Grass03.jpg
Grass03.jpg (38.52 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
Grass02.jpg
Grass02.jpg (44.26 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
Grass01.jpg
Grass01.jpg (64.07 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtPine02.jpg
DirtPine02.jpg (58.33 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtPine01.jpg
DirtPine01.jpg (44.39 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel15.jpg
DirtGravel15.jpg (44.33 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel14.jpg
DirtGravel14.jpg (46.04 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel13.jpg
DirtGravel13.jpg (38.26 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel12.jpg
DirtGravel12.jpg (40.25 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel11.jpg
DirtGravel11.jpg (34.25 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel10.jpg
DirtGravel10.jpg (42.86 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel09.jpg
DirtGravel09.jpg (37.96 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel08.jpg
DirtGravel08.jpg (42.64 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel07.jpg
DirtGravel07.jpg (39.37 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel06.jpg
DirtGravel06.jpg (34.85 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel05.jpg
DirtGravel05.jpg (43.27 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel04.jpg
DirtGravel04.jpg (59.41 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel03.jpg
DirtGravel03.jpg (43.03 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel02.jpg
DirtGravel02.jpg (49.31 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
DirtGravel01.jpg
DirtGravel01.jpg (46.27 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
Dirt01.jpg
Dirt01.jpg (53.63 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright so, for many versions now the TresCom20 archives do not include files beyond the 5 main ones (GRF, SCN, PID, SWP, WTD) unless they were added in that particular version. So, I've compiled an archive with all the files to date. MikeTheRaptor noted his surprise when others played the level and a special sky was present. Don't assume you have all the files! Check this archive.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/foxku1ip ... 22.7z/file

We should edit a link to this archive, and its later updates, into the first post. @TrespasserGuy
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I've come up with a rough concept for the Mod Museum, which will feature displays for various milestone Trespasser mods as well as work from this level's developers, galleries for fan art on either wing, a Mod Mural (which would contain various iconic imagery from the history of Trespasser modding), a timeline (the history of the game and TresCom), and exterior gardens which could be used as a showcase of Trespasser mod foliage (or just standard old gardens). I picture it to look sort of like a smaller Visitor Center building, only one story - I could tack on a second story but that seems like overkill. Will definitely have the thatched rotunda roof.

What does everyone think of this concept? Too big? Too small? Other things that need to be present? I tried to keep it small so that it would fit reasonably into the Trespasser Town - would have to go in a square area in order to make sense. It's not to any specific scale or anything since this is just rough, will iron out the size and shape as it is moelled.

Also, what mods do we think absolutely need to be included in their own displays? We can break up each of the "display" areas into smaller ones to fit in more different mods - was thinking the ones in the back could be a space for each of this level's developer's work. So far I'm thinking we definitely have to include:
-The TC Anthology
-JPDS
-The Lagoon
-Tres Legacy
-East Dock (and other hppav projects)
Any other really important ones?

As for the terrain textures, Drac. I think they could all be used in their own way, but they definitely need an increase in contrast and saturation especially. I also notice there are some obvious repeating parts in some of that which needs to be taken into account if they will be used for tiling.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Liking that Mod Museum's look so far.
Spoiler: show
This is the current size and available area of the current Mod Museum, which is repurposed from Drac's released level Amberius. I still like the placement of the mod museum and would like to keep the mod museum in that location, which is just across from TSord's park. We might need to 86 the back door in your sketch, and I think we could replace it with an outdoor balcony that overlooks the gorge that runs between the Nublar and Tres Sorna plateaus.
Also, what mods do we think absolutely need to be included in their own displays? We can break up each of the "display" areas into smaller ones to fit in more different mods - was thinking the ones in the back could be a space for each of this level's developer's work. So far I'm thinking we definitely have to include:
-The TC Anthology
-JPDS
-The Lagoon
-Tres Legacy
Maybe some examples of Mods That Never Were? Like Lone Hunter, JPO, Desert Stalker, Operation Lizard Tooth? :wink:

And definitely include some standalone levels that have been released over the years such as Lost Jungle, The Hunt, Dagobah, etc...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

...Oh wow. TheIdiot, didn't realize you'd already made a map when I just sent the PM. This one looks quite beautiful, didn't expect such a hardcore VC layout.

Really like the details you've added. Timeline, gardens. Really epic and not simply screenshots hung up on walls like I was imagining. I do stand by what I said in PM, that the size can stand to be even slightly larger than the Safari Lodge.

The placement across from the TSOrd memorial seems quite idelic. I like it. However I'm very urged to put such a VC-based structure at the Nublar-island-shape's equivalent location, where Rebel's Manor currently is. Perhaps swap the locations?
TrespasserGuy wrote:
-The TC Anthology
-JPDS
-The Lagoon
-Tres Legacy
Maybe some examples of Mods That Never Were? Like Lone Hunter, JPO, Desert Stalker, Operation Lizard Tooth? :wink:

And definitely include some standalone levels that have been released over the years such as Lost Jungle, The Hunt, Dagobah, etc...
I definitely vote for a ton of single-shots from various fan mods. MorningStarRing's mods come to mind, which I think are great although my bad memory is probably meaning I'm forgetting mods as I think of it.
  • Definitely shots from one or more of hppav's Nublar model-only levels. Those things are beautiful.
  • That one full-collection image of SecondIlliteration's "Barrel Full O' Raptors"? Some contributions weren't levels.
  • Trespasser Arena
  • The Hunt (yes I know it was mentioned)
  • Isla Sorna Mod
  • At least one of the WinterLev levels
  • Some Mayan ruins from whichever mods make sense
  • Something of machf's. His little test level? Armory? One of his publically-released images of Pens?
  • Pine Forest (by RexHunter99)
  • Slugger's SG~prvw (Stargate mod)
  • Oh that XmasGift level is nice, made by both machf and SecondIlliteration
  • Water Treatment Plant
  • Lone Hunter definitely
  • How did no one think of The Four Towers? I even didn't think of it until I saw it.
  • Something of GlitchHunter's? Giant Forest, or Labyrinth
  • Anna's Trespasser 10th anniv level
  • Hmm, TheGuy used to do a lot for Tres. His best level was never finished nor released. Maybe "TheGuy's First Level" then? Or better, the menu of his old "Trespasser Custom Edition".
  • Prime Chaos by Slash_Master (If you haven't guessed by now, I am sort of picking out modders who deserve at least one screenshot. Some can be made small.)
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright, apparently everyone else is busy, so I'm calling it again. Plan to be finished by tomorrow night.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

May I suggest you add one of the most important mod to the museum? JR+? It was the first ever fan made mod. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."