20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level (RELEASED pg. 25)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: 20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level

Post by Draconisaurus »

I advocated for a bone bridge into the town. It could still happen. At any rate there needs to be a bone bridge somewhere.
Your reference to the graveyard just outside the TLW town is a noteworthy point. I'm not quite sure where but it would make sense someplace here. I've always wanted to recreate that spot.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'm calling dibs. Not sure how much work I'll do before uploading.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Things are shaping up nicely, quite like the way the monorail area looks. I'm glad someone finally gave that model physics!

Hey, TresGuy, where did that four-legged parasaur come from? I'd been looking for one to base my own on forever in the RTJP days.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

PS: There has been a lot of releases on the Discord. So stay tuned now the forum is back!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Indeed, some great lengths of discussion and work have been done. New object placement, new terrain, some new imports. I currently have the "baton" and plan to release soon, which will include the latest editlog text file.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Interested to see what happened while the forum was down. Would anyone be able to post the latest Discord version so that the non-Discord folks like me can get up to date?

In the meantime while the forum was down, I also did a small amount of work on reskinning one of the dinosaurs in this level in HD with normal maps. I plan on doing as many of them as possible so that the dinosaurs look as good as the rest of our stuff.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Latest version, Draconisaurus has the map at the moment as well.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ffd9pxlk ... y.zip/file
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Man, I was having withdrawal symptoms from not being able to use the forum :lol:
TheIdiot wrote:Things are shaping up nicely, quite like the way the monorail area looks. I'm glad someone finally gave that model physics!

Hey, TresGuy, where did that four-legged parasaur come from? I'd been looking for one to base my own on forever in the RTJP days.
I actually found that four-legged para in a thread on your private RTJP forum. Machf included it in a post, so I downloaded it and gave it a skin by editing the .tpm file.
TheIdiot wrote:Interested to see what happened while the forum was down. Would anyone be able to post the latest Discord version so that the non-Discord folks like me can get up to date?

In the meantime while the forum was down, I also did a small amount of work on reskinning one of the dinosaurs in this level in HD with normal maps. I plan on doing as many of them as possible so that the dinosaurs look as good as the rest of our stuff.
I had made some HQ textures for both the JPOG Anky and Parasaur, and I'd liked to see HQ textures for the Baryonyx that's down by the beach.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Am releasing the baton for level work.
PVbaton01.png
PVbaton01.png (94.42 KiB) Viewed 10665 times
https://www.mediafire.com/file/48spz9r9 ... 16.7z/file

TheIdiot has asked for updates in this thread about the fairly large amount of discussion that's gone on in a Discord group chat about the level. I don't have the breath to go over all those details but here are some of them; look in the level or ask questions for further details.

As per ideas of MinePass and myself, a second plateau has been added to the level. Since the first was shaped as Isla Nublar, and representative of locations there, it seemed only fitting that the actual Trespasser island be represented as well. Below is an early screenshot of recreating this element.
TresCom20_SornaPlateau01.png
TresCom20_SornaPlateau01.png (447.92 KiB) Viewed 10665 times
It was decided to place Slugger's working scripted Coke machine from "CokeNMore" into the level. The player hits buttons to eject cans. Slugger imagines that one of these cans could be further used as a puzzle item, to jam in something for some purpose. MikeTheRaptor went to the length of creating a Trespasser gold coin, and we have in mind to add to the script of the machine so that it requires paying with this item first.
TresCom20_Coke01.png
TresCom20_Coke01.png (332.25 KiB) Viewed 10665 times
Some development of a rail system, apart from the monorail and currently-missing road system, has been done. TrespasserGuy has already imported a train engine of about PV-toilet-level poly. Meanwhile Mike was fond of the rail road sign from the pre-release imagery; it was described that machf deciphered the text, though without the forum we couldn't look up the translation. This sign has been made for placement in the level.
TresCom20_MikeSign01.png
TresCom20_MikeSign01.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 10665 times
The TSOrd Memorial Park has been completed in one of its iterations. The pond in the center is missing water. See it ingame to read the scriptions.
TresCom20_TSOrdMemorial01.png
TresCom20_TSOrdMemorial01.png (712.68 KiB) Viewed 10665 times
Finally, some discussion has been had that the various wilderness extents of the level may be made to represent a variety of biomes. Beach, Forest, Burnt Forest, Volcanic, Desert, Pine, Rainy Canopy, and Mountain have been discussed so far. Oh right, also ice.

That's all for now. Let's keep the ball rolling! Welcome back, forums.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Thanks for the update, Drac. I wonder if perhaps the Town is getting a little bit too large now with the second plateau, however. We still have a lot of area that needs cover so it might be a good idea to finish what he have thusfar before adding more and more. If we start adding all of these biome areas before we finish what we've done thusfar, we might end up with too many rushed in-between areas.

While the forum was down, I also happened to make new HD normalmapped movie-like skins for the parasaur and ankylosaur. Unfortunately I was unaware that TresGuy did the same at the time! Here are screenshots (the anky has some really rough UV maps, unfortunately):
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Click on Image
Was wondering whether we want to use these instead? No offense whatsoever to you, TresGuy, and I can always use these elsewhere if we'd rather stick with the current skins.
I would like to try and bring all of the dino skins in the level up to the same HD standard and was planning on doing the baryonyx as well, additionally enhancing his model to better look like a baryonyx. I'll have to look at the long-clawed Raptor a bit more if I want to improve his skin as it might be a bit too much of a hassle to deal with the broken-up Trespasser textures. I'd rather reskin the TC Isle Raptor and perhaps alter that model to look like long-claw, or we can just leave him...I may be able to upscale and give him normal maps, at least.

EDIT: Just noticed that the lava tylosaur's instance number is "666"...very funny, Drac. :P
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

TheIdiot wrote:Thanks for the update, Drac. I wonder if perhaps the Town is getting a little bit too large now with the second plateau, however. We still have a lot of area that needs cover so it might be a good idea to finish what he have thusfar before adding more and more. If we start adding all of these biome areas before we finish what we've done thusfar, we might end up with too many rushed in-between areas.
I had this same worry too, TI. I think, however, if we keep up this pace of getting 1-2 versions done in a week, we might be able to accommodate for this new addition. We passed the idea around of having the second plateau to act more of a wildlife preserve and less of a part of our town, since the plateau is based of the Tres Isla Sorna map.
TheIdiot wrote:While the forum was down, I also happened to make new HD normalmapped movie-like skins for the parasaur and ankylosaur. Unfortunately I was unaware that TresGuy did the same at the time! Here are screenshots (the anky has some really rough UV maps, unfortunately):
Spoiler: show
Click on Image
Click on Image
Was wondering whether we want to use these instead? No offense whatsoever to you, TresGuy, and I can always use these elsewhere if we'd rather stick with the current skins.
None taken, and besides I like your texture work better than mine, as I'm ashamed to say I didn't even make those original textures. I just took them from a Zoo Tycoon 2 mod that had ported the JPOG dinos into that game :p
TheIdiot wrote: I would like to try and bring all of the dino skins in the level up to the same HD standard and was planning on doing the baryonyx as well, additionally enhancing his model to better look like a baryonyx. I'll have to look at the long-clawed Raptor a bit more if I want to improve his skin as it might be a bit too much of a hassle to deal with the broken-up Trespasser textures. I'd rather reskin the TC Isle Raptor and perhaps alter that model to look like long-claw, or we can just leave him...I may be able to upscale and give him normal maps, at least.
I talked to Drac about this, and he said that the Long-claws have a special place in his heart, and doesn't want too much altering to them. But I think it'd be alright to give them HD textures, what do you feel Drac?

We also had this idea of having the raptors' style evolve through the level. Starting with the pre-release Brown Raptors, then Tres-release raptors, then (maybe?) the JPOG raptors, and finally having the player encounter the TC raptors as the final "tribe". I think this would be an awesome way to show how far the Tres community and the Jurassic Park fandom has come as a whole 8)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

None taken, and besides I like your texture work better than mine, as I'm ashamed to say I didn't even make those original textures. I just took them from a Zoo Tycoon 2 mod that had ported the JPOG dinos into that game :p
Likewise, the ones I used are based on old JPOG textures (dated from 2009, apparently) I had lying around, albiet heavily modified. :wink: In any case, I'll continue working on updating the dinosaurs and then import them all.
We also had this idea of having the raptors' style evolve through the level. Starting with the pre-release Brown Raptors, then Tres-release raptors, then (maybe?) the JPOG raptors, and finally having the player encounter the TC raptors as the final "tribe". I think this would be an awesome way to show how far the Tres community and the Jurassic Park fandom has come as a whole 8)
Interesting idea there. I wonder if anyone outside of us would get the concept, though? I suggested to Draco the idea of having a "zoo"-like area, where you walk through fenced exhibits which the dinosaurs can't break out of and just sort of observe dinosaurs as a way to show off the work of modders - maybe these ideas could go together?
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Gonna claim the level for now.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TrespasserGuy is correct on my relation with Rebel's brown clawed Raptor. However, the Baryonyx was modded directly off the JPOG Spino, and I think it'd be cool to give him HD textures, normalmapping etc.