20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level (RELEASED pg. 25)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: 20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level

Post by MinePass »

taking control, time to get crafting
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

Is there any idea of making the player model more accurately project shadows? I've been doing a play through of the game and thought this might be neat. I cant think of a way to make the arm project shadows though. Without a exe edit.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Teromen wrote:Is there any idea of making the player model more accurately project shadows? I've been doing a play through of the game and thought this might be neat. I cant think of a way to make the arm project shadows though. Without a exe edit.
You can enable "Shadow = true" in the Anne model's T-Script in TresEd, which will cause her to project a shadow. Unfortunately this ends up looking pretty silly because Anne's model isn't really much more than a pair of breasts and an arm. :P
I have an idea as to how a full-body shadow could be done without creating a new player model. You'd have to create a simple, untextured object in the shape of a human body (or just a low-poly human model)m set as a CEntityAttached to Anne, and put "Visible = false" and "Shadow = true" into its T-Script. Then in theory it would project a rough shadow for the player - it wouldn't be animated or anything but it would make more sense than no shadow/only the arm. This would be similar to how vanilla Tres dinosaurs have a Shadow mesh...the Player might even support a proper Shadow mesh but I've never tried it. This is all in theory of course but it might be worth a try as I'm not really sure if invisible CEntityAttached objects can render shadows.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Rebel wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:I don't want to be cluttering up your guys thread here, so I'll stop here. ;)
I don't think people will mind if you 'clutter up' some more topics :)
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

aaaannnndddd done. Didn't get as much done as I would have liked but still made some good progress, I think.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uuomai7i ... 0.zip/file
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

I will get us out of this development funk and take a turn on this level. Wish me luck!

EDIT: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xmfj1n8m ... y.zip/file

Here it is. If I had more time I would've done more work on it, but I'll be away from my modding computer for the next two weeks and wanted to get some stuff done before going away for a bit.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Going to try my hand at some work
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

NEW VERSION. "Mr. Hammond, I think we're back in business" https://www.mediafire.com/file/6zeif76u ... s.zip/file
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alrighty, claiming the level!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

New stuff looks pretty cool, I'm liking the way there's so much to see in the level. Though of course I'm still worried about the in-between areas getting done if the level is to be released soon.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TresGuy is going to cordon off more areas. I've moved the desert into the wilderness lookout area, so we can cut out some of the west area. Here's my update:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8hlq5cj2 ... 16.7z/file

PS: There's now a 4-textured map of TI's Mod Museum sitting in the town. Soon I'll get to building it up with building blocks.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Yep, Drac is right. I'm going to claim this level and see what I can do with it!
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

"That deadline hasn't dissipated or changed course, afraid well have to cut the tour short. Pick up where we left off next year."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote: PS: There's now a 4-textured map of TI's Mod Museum sitting in the town. Soon I'll get to building it up with building blocks.
Considering this level already has some stability issues, I highly recommend against that. The building is very large and doing it entirely out of building-blocks will probably result in serious stability issues around it, not to mention physics issues and just overall looking funny. I doubt it would be possible to get the rounded VC-style roofs using that tactic anyway. Better to just use the building already there or have someone do a custom mesh for it.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Soooo I am making a proposal. I know the Amberius VC model is very popular, and I agree it's a cool model. However I sort of don't feel right having it in the mod. Among a few things, it's a bit small. Those few walls it has are really tall and wouldn't provide good viewing angles for screenshots. TI's map had much better layout for such things. There's also not much space to display custom models.
TI had some great ideas but we've opted to leave building blocks out of the level (mostly or entirely) for performance reasons. My suggestion is that we switch Rebel's Manor from being a (what was it, a hangout space?) to being the mod museum. It only seems right that the guy who taught us has his mansion manor place as where the relics of our modding go.