Trespasser Arena - (new release 16 December 2021)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser Arena - (new release 16 December 2021)

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well, what can I say? I offer my congratulations on this definitive release, however, I insist that it was better when including the hub level. It's possible to have it in a non-linear mode. At any rate, that raptor arena is a swell creation.
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Draconisaurus wrote:Well, what can I say? I offer my congratulations on this definitive release, however, I insist that it was better when including the hub level. It's possible to have it in a non-linear mode. At any rate, that raptor arena is a swell creation.
Thank you :)

I appreciate the feedback! The hub still exists, maybe sometime I can find a good use for it or a way to reimplement it.
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

Have you considered releasing it as a separate map?

A thought occurs, what if the community was willing to make arena maps for it that you could link together? Could make for a neat project.
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Teromen wrote:Have you considered releasing it as a separate map?
I hadn't thought about that, honestly. I'm open to the idea of making a more complete version of Trespasser Arena in the future which includes the cut content, just hesitant to commit at this point :)
Teromen wrote:A thought occurs, what if the community was willing to make arena maps for it that you could link together? Could make for a neat project.
That's a cool idea! I think something similar was done a few years ago. Different community members were working on Arena levels independently that they would release around the same time, at least. That's how we got Draco's Cursed Arena level for ATX! I think Arenas can be great because they're small and limited spaces to be creative and experiment with ideas while also making something fun that other people can enjoy.

At the very least, I'd love to see other people's take on Arena levels!
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

Now to get people on the band wagon hehe. Come up with Arena ideas and such.

One Idea I had was that someone could turn IT into an Arena map.

A redux of my skatepark level might be ok. But I don't know if it would fit in with the mod idea.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah, "Cursed Arena" was made in response to a project TresCom attempted years ago, where members would submit custom-scripted dinosaurs to duke it out in fanmade arena levels, where videos and scores would be posted from. It never really followed through but I seem to remember an arena map other than mine.