TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:36 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

machf wrote:
Yes, that was the place...

to be fair there are three M16s in that level. a handful of spaz and desert eagles too.

However, I use the "woo" cheat when testing my levels. I drop the dinos when I see them and just make sure all the triggers function as intended. If there's enough ammo good, if not, it's just a bit more challenging...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:15 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Teromen wrote:
Edit: I'm about halfway up the mountain, I think. It's fun. I noticed the "hard to aim" little pistol in the truck by the gate doesnt work. You pick it up and it isn't shootable. I have that problem with my own levels. As I edit the guns become unusable. I like the level. It's fun.

I was thinking, if you need help with custom assets in the future let me know. I figure you'll get tired of re-using ones. I' not a great modeler but if someone makes a sketch I can model it. I can make caves and cliffs and stuff. Small buildings. Not good enough to model vehicles or anything though. Just beginer stuff.

Also, did you use GuiApp to convert to shipable scn? I ran it through guiapp and the level ran faster but I got a lot of errors so idk if it broke parts of the audio or script. It seems to allow a lot more vegetation in a level that way. More meshes. Less crash prone, etc. But so far the level runs fine. I had one crash on a reload but that's about it.

I didn't test that gun in my playthrough. Weird it didn't work. I imported a few base guns for my levels, the revolver was added later. I had some issues with weapon importing once a few guns were already in the basement.

as far as custom assets go I'd pay you $20 to give me a somewhat reasonable looking glass guitar melee weapon to put in my levels. I really wanna smash a raptor with one. It's pure vanity i admit, but hey... I make guitars out of glass. I wanna sneak one in a trespasser level for fun...

in addition to text like "the cards in the atlantic" whiteboards, and clipboards with written text clues.

I have no clue how to do anything close to 3d modeling so everything is out of my reach

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:30 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

I could try but idk how it would look. I wouldn't charge though. Anyway, you'd have to script it. Anyone have any idea how to use 24 bit transparency on a weapon? And make it smashable?

Reminds me of Jeff Jarrett. J. E. double F, J. A double R. E. double T. That's Jeff Jarrett. I miss TNA back in the day...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:34 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Looking at the gun in TresEd. The gun possibly don't work as it loads before the base instance, which breaks the magnets. Draco, machf or TheIdiot is better at explaining how this works.
But basically if you import a gun, clone it and place it somewhere, then delete something that was imported or cloned before the gun was imported, sometimes the gun clone ends up before the base mesh in the load order, that is why base objects (at least those with magnets) should be imported first in a level, otherwise removing a clone of something, can result in a clone getting loaded before the magnets for it, and it breaks it. :)

Quote:
I could try but idk how it would look. I wouldn't charge though. Anyway, you'd have to script it. Anyone have any idea how to use 24 bit transparency on a weapon? And make it smashable?

You can use 24-bit transparent textures on a weapon, you need to do a SWP/PID update to fix the texture issues GeomAdd cause for importing 24-bit textures though, or just use CE HD textures to get around it.
As for smashable, machf should be able to answer that. Either use strong breakable magnets or the CAttach script (see the X-Wing in the Dagobah level).

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:59 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

tatu wrote:
You can use 24-bit transparent textures on a weapon, you need to do a SWP/PID update to fix the texture issues GeomAdd cause for importing 24-bit textures though,

Actaully, that won't work. When GeomAdd imports a 24-bit texture, it doesn't process the header properly and it takes 8 bytes from the header (or was it 24 bytes? since the texture is RGB) and places them as if they were part of the texture itself... which means the texture will be offset by 8 pixels to the side, with the rightmost 8 wrapping around to the next line, and the last 8 pixels from the last line in the image will be discarded... the only workaround is to copy and paste the correct image data in place using a hex editor.
Quote:
or just use CE HD textures to get around it.

Better do that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:38 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

tatu wrote:
Looking at the gun in TresEd. The gun possibly don't work as it loads before the base instance, which breaks the magnets. Draco, machf or TheIdiot is better at explaining how this works.
But basically if you import a gun, clone it and place it somewhere, then delete something that was imported or cloned before the gun was imported, sometimes the gun clone ends up before the base mesh in the load order, that is why base objects (at least those with magnets) should be imported first in a level, otherwise removing a clone of something, can result in a clone getting loaded before the magnets for it, and it breaks it. :)

Quote:

You can use 24-bit transparent textures on a weapon, you need to do a SWP/PID update to fix the texture issues GeomAdd cause for importing 24-bit textures though, or just use CE HD textures to get around it.
As for smashable, machf should be able to answer that. Either use strong breakable magnets or the CAttach script (see the X-Wing in the Dagobah level).

Don't you dare make my guitars smashable! they're glass sure... but I make damn sure they're tough.script it like nedry's mace.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:29 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Quote:
or just use CE HD textures to get around it.

The trick to doing this is to give the object Indexed (NOT 24-bit!) texture and opacity maps normally, then you can go ahead and do partial transparency using CE. Works like a charm and you avoid the pixel shift error as well as the excessively-bright lighting that 24-bit textures are usually subject to. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:36 pm 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

I'm stuck at the ladder tractor with the lever. Anyone know what to do?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:38 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Hello - haven't been on the computer much but I'm glad you released a new level. I plan to play it eventually, not today though. Keep up the coolness.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:40 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Make sure you push the lever up.