ActSleep and ActWakeup

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

ActSleep and ActWakeup

Post by Teromen »

Can I edit the dinos inside the map with these variables? I tried adding the values as "bool ActSleep =300.000000" and "bool ActWakeup =300.000000" and it wont save the script. Any ideas how to add them?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: ActSleep and ActWakeup

Post by machf »

When you edit a t-script, you must hit the "update" button (or whatever it's labeled, I forget).

And the value for "Sleep" should always be larger than the one for "WakeUp", otherwise you'll have something like Schrödinger's cat, where the dino doesn't know if it's dead or alive... I mean, asleep or awake.

Wait... you're mixing up TWO different things. The values in question are floats, and have no "Act" at the beginning.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

" float Sleep = 400.000000"
" float WakeUp = 300.000000"

Seems to work fine. I need to get better at understanding script.

Edit: I noticed my road needs to be split into smaller partitions for the A.I. to work properly. I was warned about this. I did split it up, but it needs to be in even smaller partitions.

Of note for future reference, I did a "convert to shippable scn" with GUIApp and the A.I. seems to work a lot better. Also the lag when you rotate the mouse side to side is completely gone(I'm using a lot of ground decoration layers). I'm curious if this will allow me to have a lot of vegetation without glitches... Have to find out. I've never tried the convert to shippable scn process before. I was worried it would break the map for editing purposes. But it doesn't seem to. I did get some errors when converting though. I need to figure out how to clean up my swp file. Its up to 100mb and its a small map. I think there is a lot of excess data. It's a work in progress. I know the map will never be truly done but I want it to play and look decent with minimal to no glitches. In future maps I will try to not add anything that isn't going to be used. I will just pick one file name and replace it instead of using new ones.

Edit: The error message is apparently because I need to import the texture for the key card terminal. PScrtyCrdRdrLGHT01t2.BMP. I'll fix that.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Of note for future reference, I did a "convert to shippable scn" with GUIApp and the A.I. seems to work a lot better. Also the lag when you rotate the mouse side to side is completely gone(I'm using a lot of ground decoration layers). I'm curious if this will allow me to have a lot of vegetation without glitches... Have to find out.
This is something I hadn't heard of. I can make a note of it somewhere. I wonder if any glitch past fan mods work better with this, such as Xibalba Falls with the overlapping transparency...?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

And the value for "Sleep" should always be larger than the one for "WakeUp", otherwise you'll have something like Schrödinger's cat, where the dino doesn't know if it's dead or alive... I mean, asleep or awake.
That will explain why the AI in Isla Sorna might act a bit weird sometimes. I did set those to the same!
Of note for future reference, I did a "convert to shippable scn" with GUIApp and the A.I. seems to work a lot better. Also the lag when you rotate the mouse side to side is completely gone(I'm using a lot of ground decoration layers).
Well the SCN partitions allows the game to read the level better and more quickly. Exactly what it does and how it works, maybe machf could explain it much better!
I need to figure out how to clean up my swp file. Its up to 100mb and its a small map.
Check GeomAdd on how to use the "Update SWP" function. Basically export all objects in your level to get the textures in one folder. Then generate fresh .swp and .pid files with Shell Generator, and then use that function to import the texture from the folder you exported all objects to!
Edit: The error message is apparently because I need to import the texture for the key card terminal. PScrtyCrdRdrLGHT01t2.BMP. I'll fix that.
Worth noting is that GUIApp and GeomAdd will report these as missing even if you have it imported. machf found a workaround years ago that you could add the texture as a simple extra material (through TPM edit) to the object that uses it and the error will be gone. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

Thank you tatu. I'll try that and get back on here with the resulting size difference. It's time to do some optimizing.

Edit: 102mb original vs 29mb optimized.
Got rid of 73mb of wastefull junk. Quite the improvement I must say. Thanks for the advice. I'm about to add a bunch of vegetation and see how it performs. Will be a good test. It's a small map but last time I had a LOT of random vegetation and it glitched bad. So I'm gonna try again. See what happens.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Partitions are generated based on the terrain and the occlusions objects, IIRC. They define what can be seen (rendered, actually) from different parts of the level, and so can improve framerate (by reducing the calculations needed to render the scene).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

I added a ton of plants and it runs great ;)
Redid my road as a ton of small partitions. Also works great. The road is 112 sheet meshes/decorations and I had to split it into 4 tpm files. Otherwise GeomAdd crashed and corrupted the level.
I set Sleep to 450 and WakeUp to 300. That's seems to work fine. The Dino's notice me at a reasonable distance on CE. Maybe 30-40 feet away they start approaching me.