Can anyone help me make a simple keypad example map?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Can anyone help me make a simple keypad example map?

Post by Teromen »

I want to make a simple keypad map as an example. Can anyone help me create one? I'll make the map and add the pad and card, and place a movable door. But I need someone to help with or explain how to add the triggers.

When I get it working I'll do a write up on here for future reference.

Maybe its as simple as importing the trigger from another map and then copy pasting new script. Then apparently the door itself. I.d.k. never done it before.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Can anyone help me make a simple keypad example map?

Post by machf »

Well, as you've said, it's best to look at other levels which do it.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

I've tried but for instance Lab doesn't have any triggers underneath the card reader. That confuses me. I've been looking at town though. What im gonna do is copy the script from as many pads as I can find in IT and compare them. Same with the movers. See what I come up with.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, not always the triggers are located near the related objects (they don't need to be). But you can use the search function in TresEd and search for the object's name within the script...

EDIT: actually, in the Lab level, the corresponding triggers are three cubes under the base at the bottom of the keypad...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I think the keypad in Town is the easiest to learn from. The triggers and right below it and there isn't a lot of other triggers around it so you can easily find them. Just remember to import the animated texture object for the keypad, for Town it the "SSecurityPadXXKey00t2.bmp-00" (XX = number) below the keypad. In this case they are just invisible instances. These are required to make the keypad change colour when you press them.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

I believe Tatu has the given the most helpful advice. Keypad triggers can look a little daunting but with focusing on that, it ought to work.