Two island terrains

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Two island terrains

Post by machf »

Here are two Trespasser-ready terrains I made from terrain data of two islands in the Pacific Ocean. I've tested them and they load without crashing. Both are centered at (0,0,0), so you can use Minilev or some other similar level to start working on them, just replace the default terrain with one of these and add your assets.

Both terrains are 8192m*8192m with height reaching over 512m. You can place your own custom level on any part of that area, or you can even write a series of levels which share the same terrain and progress from one to the next.
Attachments
Island2f.zip
(173.28 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Island1f.zip
(207.76 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: Two island terrains

Post by TrespasserGuy »

I've been getting some crashes while flying ingame or walking towards the big mountain range in the middle of Island1f. I placed Anne on top of the mountain range and the game crashed upon looking around when the level loaded. Do you think this has to do with the height of the terrain? I have a fun idea for a level with this terrain and was wondering if I could fix the crashing issue.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Did you generate partitions for the level with GUIapp?

EDIT: attached my test levels... have been walking around them for a while without crashes, though I haven't covered the whole area.
Attachments
Island2.zip
(861.98 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Island1.zip
(896.45 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Here's what I've been able to do with the terrain so far
Spoiler: show
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Click on Image
I love the way the mountains look. I'm thinking of making a short level that's set in Central Asia. Hopefully it won't crash when I've actually put in some stuff lol
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nice!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Oh nice! One of these days I need to put time to learn how to do this terrain data stuff. I know about the tutorial on the forum. :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looks potentious. I still believe some folk ought to make levels which are purely scenic, no puzzles or combat. When the user is unfamiliar with the area, they can just enjoy it as a Nature walk.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Looks potentious. I still believe some folk ought to make levels which are purely scenic, no puzzles or combat. When the user is unfamiliar with the area, they can just enjoy it as a Nature walk.
A level like that is on my To-Do-List. Detailed smaller areas, and making objects not moveable allows you to create it more interesting.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Here's images of the military base using the Island1f terrain. I posted this on the discord server a few days ago.
Spoiler: show
Click on Image
Click on Image
Click on Image
Yes, I've since also added your army vehicles from Motorpool :wink:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nice!

BTW, the flat area at the center of the second island is meant to be a lake...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Draco takes a partial peak since it is not the fabled night time mod.

Huh that looks interesting. I once created a new radio tower for the top of Misty Mountain in JPDS~plains, but lost it to a computer death from adware build-up. The Acacia tree was also lost and had to be re-modeled.