TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 7:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:51 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

So, I’ve still been trudging along with the project and I found out why everything looked so washed out. Importing the textures as the original BMP files washed out the colour when creating the material, so I had to convert them all to JPEG to make it match the original game. Had to manually reimport all textures and reapply, so it took ages. There were 4,300 images to convert, so I almost gave up on the project lol.

I’ve been adding the voice over to their locations, and been focusing on the Lab and its buildings and interiors. InGen Town & the Summit have the most man-made furnishings placed, the Lab is getting there, and the Beach is almost blocked out, whilst Jungle Road is a void.

I’ve been looking for modern models of the flora on the island. Once I have enough I plan to use Unreal’s landscaping tools to paint them onto the island.

I’m thinking of using dinosaur assets from the Unreal store, if the project progresses enough. And possibly having a first person shooter set-up, with a Half-Life 2 style object pick-up system. But not sure yet. But If I can code Anne’s arm to be controllable, and magnet grab objects, maybe the guns wouldn’t be too hard to do, because they don’t need reload animations or ammo pickups. Just a line trace fired from the barrel with an occasional muzzle flash.

Just seen the news of wohoyefe’s HD remake, I’ll have to give a go and get inspired again, because I’m feeling burnt out lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:26 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Neat! Nice to see projects like this still going on. Take your time and do it as long as you find it enjoyable. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:56 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

I was thinking, Tatu uses gradual jobs like foliage fixing as a de-stress activity. Might work with textures? If you set aside timeline goals and just do the work as you feel it, it may help a lot. It's not like the forum is about to disappear.

That lighting, I see the washout you mean. Are you sure there is no way to decrease the lighting intensity? Maybe it's just the way that game does outdoor settings, idk.

"Well, as long as you're under there, you can check the breakers," Thorne said. ... "There's a box right behind the front bumper. Over on the left."
"I see it." [said Sarah]
"The box is in backward. Flip all the switches the other way. Are you dry?"
"No, Doc. I'm soaking wet, lying in the damn mud."

~Michael Crichton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:33 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Beautiful looking thusfar, really looks like Tres but of course with much-superior lighting. Is this all one level or are they broken-up into the game's sequence?

For the flora - one thing I've noted is that evidently a number of the plants in Trespasser do not match their CInstance names. I've never been able to find those tall, green shrubs that appear similar to an elephant-ear plant, for example...if you're able to work out which is which, I would really appreciate if you were able to take a moment to give us a short list of which plant is which. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:59 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Trespasser plant identification sounds fairly nice. I would enjoy knowing if any particular species much resembles the appearance of the "canopy" trees found in the jungle biome. Also TI is right; there are willows in Trespasser but they don't seem very.. willow-y.

"Well, as long as you're under there, you can check the breakers," Thorne said. ... "There's a box right behind the front bumper. Over on the left."
"I see it." [said Sarah]
"The box is in backward. Flip all the switches the other way. Are you dry?"
"No, Doc. I'm soaking wet, lying in the damn mud."

~Michael Crichton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:19 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Thanks, the levels are broken-up into the retail game’s sequences, but theoretically it should be possible to combine them all.

The plant identification sounds pretty relaxing, have to give it a go.