Anyone have ideas for custom levels?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Anyone have ideas for custom levels?

Post by tatu »

Teromen wrote:I'm having fun getting it to add a working gun to the level. Keeps picking it up sideways or not at all. I'll get it working, then later it'll stop working.
It's the magnets. Draco, machf or TheIdiot can explain it better but basically it happens when you have imported a gun and then deleted other stuff in the level "messing up" the load order the level load.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Teromen
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Teromen »

I'm guessing you want to add weapons last?

I'm betting the problem can be solved by opening the tpm in 3dsmax and moving it a bit off center.

I seem to get glitches when moving original objects around my basement unless I move them in 3dsmax instead.
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I'm guessing you want to add weapons last?
Yes and no. What you want is to import the weapons among the first thing you do. That is, the basement weapons (-00 parts). I used to experience this issue a lot, but I know know how it works, see here:
https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11051
I'm betting the problem can be solved by opening the tpm in 3dsmax and moving it a bit off center.
It won't matter. The issue is that when you grab the weapon by itself (and not holding it correctly) it means the magnets are not working, see above topic.

I just reread what you wrote: "Keeps picking it up sideways or not at all.".
Not at all means the weapon has broken magnets (weapon instance loads before the magnets in the load order), and getting picked sideways sounds like you are missing the shoulder magnet.
Weapons usually use a hand and shoulder magnet! You can also try rotating the magnets in TresEd for different ways for Anne to hold it. However, be aware that for melee weapons, it requires the magnet to be a specific rotation in order to make the object swingable (that is why you can't really get the bat to be hold good).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."