Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: screenshot of a level im working on

Post by tatu »

morningstarring wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Ah, great. I do recommend though, less revealing of what the level contains. The play experience can be enhanced this way. 8 )
alright. I was thinking the same thing. I have 4 or 5 more areas planned after this one so I'll keep those to myself. one another note i need to search the forum to figure out how the key cards and their associated doors/gates function.
I'd recommend going to where a keycard reader is. Make sure you can view triggers. The triggers for them is usually about 2 square triggers below ground at the keycard reader. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Keycards can be tricky. There are I believe a few versions of how they are scripted to work, but with the exception of the CRAY vault door, I think the script versions can all be interchanged. For a simple version, though, I recommend looking at the keycard readers in MountainValley, my recent mod. Pretty straight forward and the level is small. Remember to search for objects named ".bmp" at the end, to find the textures used by card reader lights.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by morningstarring »

thank you both for the tips. :) I'll see if I can figure it out.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

cant remember if I've seen a semi-truck and trailer in any modded levels but I tried to make something resembling one.
Attachments
semi.jpg
semi.jpg (158.96 KiB) Viewed 3460 times
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Interesting take. I did use a container to store a car inside it, but that's the closest I can remember.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

machf wrote:Interesting take. I did use a container to store a car inside it, but that's the closest I can remember.
I stuck a jeep in the back of the trailer lol
tatu

Post by tatu »

Now that is an interesting image. I don't think anyone has ever done that before. Nice! :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I wanted to import some actual truck model for my proposed series of levels... the thing is converting them from the format in which they were made (I think it was Bryce or something). Still have them lying around...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That is, quite neat! I don't recall the RR containers being put into vehicle-form, before, which is clearly one of their intended purposes. You have won a special Tres achievement. 8 ) I appreciate your creative approach to modding.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That's probably one of the most unique uses of assets I've ever seen, great job! And as others have said, I *think* that might be the only big rig we've ever seen in the game (there's the logging truck in TC~Isle, but it has an open back part).
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote:That's probably one of the most unique uses of assets I've ever seen, great job! And as others have said, I *think* that might be the only big rig we've ever seen in the game (there's the logging truck in TC~Isle, but it has an open back part).
Now I'm wondering if a container would fit on top of its platform...
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

I used the pier ties from the docks in the lab level and flipped them upside down. scaled them up a little for the part that connects the axle to the container. the tires are from the crashed bus. I messed with the tscript values and set moveable=false(they fell off when I touched them during my first test lol). the axles are from a random pole I found somewhere in the level. For the truck I just used a scaled up jeep. I might search around other levels to see if I can find a more suitable "semi" looking vehicle. I'll probably do that after i finish a rough draft of the full level. I want to get the big picture stuff done first then go back and add more details
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

As TI mentioned, you could look at the logging truck in TC Isle...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:As TI mentioned, you could look at the logging truck in TC Isle...
Be careful with the physics if you do, I recall attempting to import it to a level once, but it ended up corrupting the level. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the magents or $ objects...I believe I may have imported a copied instance but not the base -00 instance.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qmn8p05wv ... d.zip/file

level progress so far. I'll add more to it over time but it'll require learning how to do more complicated things in tressed. which may take a while... so here's a playable version with an end point. i think it's a pretty straightforward level with a few neat challenges.