new here wanted to say hi. Also messing around with TresEd

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

new here wanted to say hi. Also messing around with TresEd

Post by morningstarring »

Hey everyone. I recently started playing trespasser after youtube recommended a let's play of the game. I had played(tried to anyway) the game as a kid when it came out. I think I remember 10-20 minute level loading times and praying that the level wouldn't crash while loading and game play. the game always fascinated me and i'm glad I rediscovered it. had a lot of fun being able to actually play through it to the end. I've been playing some of the fan made levels and started messing around with TressEd. I think im catching on at least when using retail levels as the base. rearranging and copying assets already in the level seems easier than starting from scratch. cant promise I'll stick around here forever but i hope to contribute something to the community. this game deserves more credit than it gets. too bad the franchise never attempted something similar with modern systems. I'll probably ask a lot of stupid questions so just humor me and point me in the right direction. Wish me luck!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: new here wanted to say hi. Also messing around with Tres

Post by tatu »

Welcome to TresCom! :)
It is always great to see new members!

Enjoy the modding. Starting from scratch is somewhat difficult. I think most of us here started with modifying another level first. Feel free to ask any questions. And don't worry if you have issues, even us with really good modding experience get issues many times. ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Welcome! :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Trespasser World. :statue:

It is indeed a great thing to see new faces here. Modding existing levels is great fun, too, and some serious projects have begun and finished with this as their basis. I personally recommend modifying the official demo level, if you find that modifying the original levels causes too many bugs. It is a much smaller level and much less likely to get upset with you if you try to import new models from other sources.

Good luck! Let us know your adventures and anything you need assistance with.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Welcome to the forum!

I definitely recommend playing around with another level before you go trying to make your own in order to get familiar with TresEd. Once you understand it as well as how to import to/from GeomAdd without any issues, you'll find it's actually not so hard to create your own levels.