Re: Drac~Test

Post by Draconisaurus »

You too machf!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Hey, Draco - I can't help but feel something's wrong when I load the level...I'm in an empty nothingness on a tiny green patch with invisible physics objects to my right. I flew around and couldn't see anything? Am I missing something?
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

TheIdiot wrote:I'm in an empty nothingness on a tiny green patch with invisible physics objects to my right. I flew around and couldn't see anything? Am I missing something?
This is poetry right here :lol:

Hmm, I never encountered that problem when I played through it. There's two sets of level files for Drac~test in the download, so you could try using the other one?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That's odd, I've had no such problem either. OTOH, the level has crashed more than once after trying some things...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm, well I did not design fly-around-a-green-square-simulator when I made Draco~Test. So, I'm not sure what happened? Did you install the ASA and ASB correctly? You might try deleting the ASB file, maybe it doesn't agree with your computer.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Tried the suggested fixes, guys, still the same result...this level seems to be very specifically broken for me.
Out of curiosity, I turned on BONES and discovered some ghostly objects:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
So...looks like everything is loading in except the visual CInstances. Never seen anything like this before! I tested a bunch of other levels which are installed in the same folder and it seems this is the only one acting funny. It's probably a CE setting messing things up somewhere, though it is odd that it only occurs in this particular level. I quickly fiddled around with CacheDist and a couple of other rendering settings no no avail.
TrespasserGuy wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:I'm in an empty nothingness on a tiny green patch with invisible physics objects to my right. I flew around and couldn't see anything? Am I missing something?
This is poetry right here :lol:
:P
I met a traveller on a tiny green patch
Who said: "Ten invisible and unconnected physics boxes
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the gravel,
Half-working, a broken level lies.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh my. Hehe.

Hmm uhh. I note briefly that at some point I moved the fallen segmented tree from next to the PV gate in early Tres builds, way out of the map area in super click-drag, and it makes me curious if your hardware doesn't like huge world parameters.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

I just quickly loaded this in-game and I have no issue with the meshes loading in.

TheIdiot: Try using one of the default .ini settings that comes with CE, just to see if it is a setting!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Tried the default .ini, still no change. I also tried putting the level in different folders to no effect.

I did however go and check the level out in TresEd. Looks like there's some pretty interesting stuff going on here, just a shame I can't test any of it out.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm. If you search in TresEd and find "VGiantTreerunk00-00", I recommend deleting it and all of its near-by objects to see if the level loads. Hmm, it was brought in after the Cape Gun, instance order ought to be fine.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hmmmm. If you search in TresEd and find "VGiantTreerunk00-00", I recommend deleting it and all of its near-by objects to see if the level loads. Hmm, it was brought in after the Cape Gun, instance order ought to be fine.
I found "VGiantTreerunk00-00" in TresEd and it was so far out in the map that it starting blinking in and out of existence and TresEd started lagging lol. I moved it back to the level's basement. TI, I think you should just move the tree and its parts back instead of deleting it, and I think it should solve your problem.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Have you tried redownloading the level? The archived file may have been corrupted during download...
Also, I noticed there are two sets of level files...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm, well this is an odd sort of test. Putting objects that far out may have some affect on level stability. Noted!...

machf, you are correct, I didn't notice that. I can fix the archive later on...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Redownloaded, still no change. I also moved the trees into the level area, still no fix.

I might try exporting everything into a different level to see what happens.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm. Tatu can do a GUIApp bug check. Maybe one of the things it detects might sound like a visibility issue which we're familiar with.