Unfinished Level Pack

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Unfinished Level Pack

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Hey guys. I know that a few of you have been cooped up in your homes, I know I've been. Anyway, I suspect some of you are itching to look at some new levels so I have for you two unfinished levels that I hope will sate your mod lust :yum: Both of these levels take inspiration from some JP1 concept art and try to create a tropical resort-type locale that is very heavily implied to take place on Isla Nublar. Remember these levels are heavily unfinished, so whatever you see here is what I had done before I stopped working on them. Don't expect TOO much is what I'm saying.

My main purpose of releasing these levels is to give some of you modders some inspiration for future level design.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mz9hk3ti7 ... k.rar/file
Attachments
TPass023resize.bmp
TPass023resize.bmp (763.06 KiB) Viewed 5754 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Unfinished Level Pack

Post by Draconisaurus »

Will be playing this pretty damn soon :|
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Had to give these a quick glance before heading to bed. No time to give my full thoughts, but I can't help but feel like ValleyResort reminds me of another level...hmm... :wink:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
(ignore the black water, I haven't made proper river meshes yet :P )
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Still psyched about the RTJP health/stamina system... Possibly one of the most critical mods made to the game.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Alright! I checked out these levels really quickly - must say I'm sad to see them unfinished!

AbandonedResort: I really like what you were setting up here, looked like this level would have had some really interesting exploration, if being a bit more linear than your other levels. That platforming at the start is deadly. Draco would be proud of you, it rivals the infamous JPDS amber mine. :P I like the fenced area at the back and the monorail tracks, seems like there was some serious potential for puzzles around there. I can almost picture the way this would have looked in a finished state!
Funnily enough this level reminds me a lot of my first-ever level, which was a remake of BE...had a big hotel complex like that one as well as electric fences, a helipad and the monorail track extending mid-way into the level.

ValleyResort: As I insinuated earlier, this looks a LOT like the Safari Lodge overlook in RTJP. I really like what you've done with the elevation and overall design of the lodge area. The double bridges with the platform in the centre look exceptionally precarious, I can imagine plenty of visitors with a fear of heights having a rough time up there. Since this level is a lot less developed, there isn't a lot to see, but the overall concept is really quite interesting and would have offered a really awesome view over that central valley. Might even have to take some design cues from this level myself as I really like what you did with the woodchip paths connecting things together.
Nice work using the old RTJP assets by the way, I never thought most of them would see the light of day again! Makes me want to go model the Safari Lodge some more. :)
Draconisaurus wrote:Still psyched about the RTJP health/stamina system... Possibly one of the most critical mods made to the game.
Not sure if the original health system (ala JPDS, use items to heal) will make it in as envisioned since it would be weird to return to places previously visited only for the healing items to have respawned. Still thinking of alternatives to that one...regenerating health is SOOO 2010.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Going to take a look at this later this week...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Finally got around to playing this...! Sorry I forgot about it for a few days.

AbandonedResort
Spoiler: show
Love that once again you chose BE as a terrain template for a new level, pretty rad. I like what you did with the place! The cliff-climb puzzle is pretty neat; I personally have stayed away from TI's sheer-cliff objects, preferring terrain instead. Glad SOMEONE is using them, tho, as they are fun... The construction area is okay. Not a lot of decore going on and I had to cheat to get up to the point where the puzzle could start. Overall just not that rewarding of an area but it's a great start. I DID however love the new monorail Terminus. You both remained loyal to the original and buffed it up, adding new design schemes and such. One of my favorite things in the level. I followed the monorail until the area with bridges and fences... pretty nice sights there, too. Once again had to fly to start the RR container puzzle... Was pleased to see something other than a water entity and a keycard at the end 8) That hat! Always cool to see neat new models like that. Might put it in one of my own levels sometime. I am curious how the level would have ended... Oh, and in FLY mode I explored all kinds of other areas. Seems you went to extreme lengths with terrain editing in this one :o I mean, wow. I wonder what would have filled all those areas. Great job 8)
I g2g, will review the other one soon...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Next!

ValleyResort
Spoiler: show
Funnily enough, this level struck me as more interesting than the other, right off the bat. Seeing those resort buildings from RTJP, except with physics and fully furnished, was something I've been waiting years to see. They look quite nice the way you've done them up. 8) The jeep doors, ah, didn't rotate right, as I'm sure you know, lol. Might be a physics orientation conflict. I like the view of the brachios from that cliff..... I am pretty sure I have seen at least one version of the Brachio move its jaw up and down, would have been nice to see here.. or at least some munching sounds alongside giant palms. The Visitors Lodge from JPDS~streams was a fun unfinished touch. I am betting you had plans to model more-finished versions of the parts which you left out - sounds fun! On the terrain - once again I noticed a sizable area of developed terrain with no objects. Am curious what you had in mind for the area, with such detail. IIII hmmm where did you get a WTD this small? Not a retail level... Hopefully it was one created with GUIApp/MaxScript. Oh and I like that curvy bridge.
'Nyways, great experience, thanks for releasing 8)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I just played through this, I like the look of the level and all the modeling looks good too. I'm with Draco on the bridge
too, cool bridge and the area that it leads to. Kind of reminds me of something you'd see in Japan or China. I would
say the raptors took me by surprise too, I must have been daydreaming.

So, yeah, it's an interesting level, obviously far from complete, but worth the time to give it a look -
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Really, I'd love to see it finished one day. Btw, what about the level you had me beta test, TresGuy? How's it coming?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I DID however love the new monorail Terminus. You both remained loyal to the original and buffed it up, adding new design schemes and such.
That terminus model is from Beach HD, but it didn't have physics - did TresGuy add proper physics to it? Also the hat is my doing as well, was supposed to be the worker helmets from the opening of JP, but has since been replaced by a proper model. Sounds like you should take a look at the old RTJP level's basements, you might find something useful buried away in there, Draco. :wink:

The bridge models were inspired by this:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
The hotel house buildings aren't mine, those would be hppav's work from one of his test levels. I feel like they've always had physics? There's also a cool garage building in one of his levels I don't think anyone's ever put to use...
IIII hmmm where did you get a WTD this small? Not a retail level...
TestLev, maybe? I feel like it's a bit bigger than TestLev, though.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot wrote:That terminus model is from Beach HD, but it didn't have physics - did TresGuy add proper physics to it?
HUH lol. Yes he did.
Also the hat is my doing as well, was supposed to be the worker helmets from the opening of JP, but has since been replaced by a proper model. Sounds like you should take a look at the old RTJP level's basements, you might find something useful buried away in there, Draco. :wink:
I really should... After I finish with Tres-dev material, of course.
The hotel house buildings aren't mine, those would be hppav's work from one of his test levels. I feel like they've always had physics? There's also a cool garage building in one of his levels I don't think anyone's ever put to use...
Oh huh I see. I feel like you own them at this point, but yes ;P I am pretty sure, I was in a level where I just walked through their walls, before. Anyway super-cool that they had interior decor this time.
IIII hmmm where did you get a WTD this small? Not a retail level...
TestLev, maybe? I feel like it's a bit bigger than TestLev, though.
What is "TestLev"? :P The retail testing level is called "TestScene", and I guess you haven't looked at it in a while...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm, I think I may have made one called "TestLev"... I don't know if that's the one he means, don't remember if I released it. While TestScene uses a 64*64 terrain, I used an 80*80 one (expanding it to 128*128) from those found with the source.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:Hmmm, I think I may have made one called "TestLev"... I don't know if that's the one he means, don't remember if I released it. While TestScene uses a 64*64 terrain, I used an 80*80 one (expanding it to 128*128) from those found with the source.
I did mean TestScene, but I think machf's right here...there's definitely another level somewhere called TestLev, which is where the confusion occurred. Looking at my level folder, I have one called "TestLevel", but no TestLev.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh. I am guessing he made his terrain using MaxScript and the GUIApp process.