New level files not working?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

New level files not working?

Post by TheIdiot »

I'm currently working on creating a new level from scratch (it's related to RTJP). However, I'm having some serious difficulty getting it to actually load up at all - in fact, looking back, the last 3 or so levels I tried to make from scratch also refused to work. It won't even load in GUIApp, it simply crashes while loading the .grf file.

Here's what I've done:
- Create level files with Shell Generator
- Open up level in TresEd to make sure it worked
- Import TrnPlacement and start triggers
- Import terrain
- Import a basic bunch of TrnObjs (from another working level)
- Import Anne and the ocean
- Test the level
- Crash.

No idea what's going on here, and the CE log isn't helping any, either. If anyone's willing to help out, I can send you the level file if you want to have a look at it.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: New level files not working?

Post by Rebel »

When you say 'import terrain' do you mean via tresed? The level will crash every time until you go into terrain editing mode and save.

Your ocean texture is mipmap = false, right?

Using the shell generator, you did drop the terrain placement values txt file into the model import folder, true? Otherwise, your placement trigger will have the wrong level name, that'll obviously cause an immediate crash as well -

They're the most common reasons for level failure that pop into my head, T.I.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: New level files not working?

Post by TheIdiot »

I solved it - sounds like it may have been the first error, Rebel, as I was just importing a .bmp temporarily. The solution was: Import Terrain -> Terrain Edit Mode -> Close TEM -> TEM again -> Save terrain -> Save level. I usually don't import via TresEd, I was just too lazy to convert the rough terrain over...going to go do that properly now.