tc_prequel_ (see TRESCOM_ANTHOLOGY THREAD FOR DOWNLOADS)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: tc_prequel_ alpha 1 released

Post by Nick3069 »

I was gone on vacation when the alpha was released and was not able to try it. Trust me, if I were home when it was released I would have expressed my interest the same day.

While I agree with Draco that the level is very barren and disorientating in its current form, it shows a lot of potential and I'm very much looking forward to the final release. I second TheIdiot's suggestion to thin the fog and to add a few more hostile creatures. The one animal I found that I thought would be hostile just stood there and roared without attacking me. Speaking of which, I like the new animals and I also enjoyed the Minnie Driver easter egg.

The sound clip of Anne humming a tune, is that in retail? I don't remember it, where does it come from?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Thanks for giving it a look and for the comments, Nick. As far as the clip of Anne humming, it is indeed a retail sound, it was just never used in any of the retail levels.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e2k8jcmg ... 26.7z/file

The above link contains the level package in its current alpha stage. I intend to periodically release a new, early alpha since being so large and complex a level, it's going to take some time before I can even refer to it as a beta version. I've removed any 'to be continued . . .' or end of level triggers, so once you solve the puzzle of getting through the compound doors, you can meander about. Be advised that where level detail is ending, I'd say turn back and go off in another direction. Nothing is complete, details, some adversaries and models may be missing, but it ought to give you a sense of how the level is progressing.
Attachments
mine maintenance building
mine maintenance building
mn_building.png (751.47 KiB) Viewed 3601 times
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

It's been a while since I released an alpha of the level, so for anyone interested the link is below.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n2jnj7t2 ... 26.7z/file

Alpha_7 is above, Alpha_8 is the link below.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0gjj27z5 ... 02.7z/file
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: tc_prequel_ alpha 8 released (last page)

Post by Rebel »

HidiHo, People of the World. Hahaha. . . . Anyways, to the point, I'm releasing the latest alpha version (#14, link below). Technically, the level can be completed, meaning the puzzling and triggers are done which would load up the trescom level. Right now, it'll just say ' alpha completed . . ' as I'm not quite ready to do any linking up with the original trilogy. If you get that far, beyond the bridge isn't forested as of yet, but if you follow the yellow brick road (ah, I mean the desolate dirt road) it'll lead you to the end and to the final piece of a continuous puzzle that you must solve to finish the level.

I could post a spoiler walkthrough, so if someone is actually interested in that just let me know and I will do that. Otherwise, I won't bother with that right now -

@Edit: See TRESCOM_ANTHOLOGY thread for downloads
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: tc_prequel_ alpha 14 released (last page)

Post by TheIdiot »

Save the spoilers for now, Rebel, and wait until the level is completely finished, I think. That way there won't be too many spoilers in the future.

I'll continue to check out the new versions of the level in TresEd, but I'm still holding back on actually playing it until you've decided it's finished. :wink:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

TheIdiot wrote:Save the spoilers for now, Rebel, and wait until the level is completely finished, I think. That way there won't be too many spoilers in the future.

I'll continue to check out the new versions of the level in TresEd, but I'm still holding back on actually playing it until you've decided it's finished. :wink:
Lol, T.I. I may die of old age before I ever consider it 'finished'. I imagine when I label one release 'beta' instead of 'alpha' then that would be close. But, you know as well as I do that no level is ever truly finished, more so you reach a point where you tell yourself that it's time to move on to another project.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Rebel wrote: Lol, T.I. I may die of old age before I ever consider it 'finished'. I imagine when I label one release 'beta' instead of 'alpha' then that would be close.
...I knew you were gonna say that. :wink: