TrespasserGuy's Unfinished, Unreleased Levels

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: TrespasserGuy's Unfinished, Unreleased Levels

Post by machf »

I downloaded it last night, but since I was about to go to bed, I won't play it until later today...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm, the level crashes for some reason when I approach the green hunter's jeep with the extensible seat... doesn't seem that's happened to Drac.
I'm going to take another route and see what happens.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

TrespasserGuy wrote:Welp, here's one more unfinished level from the archives. I'm sure some of you are aware of my Mountain Road mod. Well, here is what was supposed to be its sequel, Everlasting Jungle. I'm pretty sure I put in a ingame teaser to this when I released MR. I never got around to finishing Everlasting Jungle, so you really can't complete it. You can explore a decent amount of the level though. Keep in mind when playing through this that this level was abandoned a long time ago, and does not reflect my level of modding right now. The last time I touched these files were in 2016~2017 iirc. A part of this mod includes some poorly executed areas from JPIII, like the water-truck Eric hides in and the Pteranodon aviary, and a whole hodge-podge of brain-farts and stolen ideas from past modders :redface: Well anyway, I present to you Everlasting Jungle :p

http://www.mediafire.com/file/scrpmljwv ... 9.zip/file
Well, I finally found it on the forum, the level I was looking for... Still searching for the aquatic area without TresEd. But uh, now I'm curious to see Mountain Road, which *cough* doesn't appear to be in the Levels section... I just found it here.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Huh, so it turns out I completely missed this level when it was released. Looked it over in TresEd and I have to say, this level's foundation is pretty damn cool. I especially like the innovation with the JP3 stuff - that water truck in the swamp is really cleverly done. Nice use of the building-block Marine Facility from the old RTJP as well, I never really expected anyone to put it to use like that! It's too bad the megalodon is only a CInstance, but it's still really awesome to see regardless. I think had you finished this level, it would have blown your work with Mountain Road out of the water, which is already a good level on its own.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh man that was yours?!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Oh man that was yours?!
The Marine Facility? Yes, I made it out of building blocks for the oldest version of RTJP (jpark.scn). It can be found beneath the ocean in a lagoon next to the big suspension bridge. The final version of RTJP would have had something similar, though fully modelled, and with a few unique touches since I didn't want to recreate the Telltale design exactly at that point. In RTJP, the underwater part would have been flooded, and you would have had to put on scuba gear and swim through (using invisible objects to "swim", not sure how it would have turned out, probably similar to the underwater bit in JPDS~Forest) and out into some oceanside caves while being chased by the tylosaurus.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Such big dreams...