Trespasser: Isla Sorna (PLSUM Preview 1)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser Island Mod

Post by tatu »

Alright, fine...next time every leaf will be an induvidual object with a pusher object next to it that pulses gently every few seconds to simulate wind. We'll have induvidual blades of grass as seperate objects, palm trees pushing 10000 polys - just the starting beach will contain more objects than all of JPDS combined. Trespasser HD, HD - coming sometime in the next 65 million years. :P
Trespasser HD Remaster HD Remake ;)
On topic, those pictures look good, tatu. There's nothing cooler than looking from one level straight into the next.
I agree! It also makes it more "difficult" to know where the level ends as well, and levels like BE to JR, you see so much for JR just from the monorail. It makes (while a small part) BE much more alive. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote: On topic, those pictures look good, tatu. There's nothing cooler than looking from one level straight into the next.
Oh, THAT's what I was looking at...
tatu wrote:
Alright, fine...next time every leaf will be an induvidual object with a pusher object next to it that pulses gently every few seconds to simulate wind. We'll have induvidual blades of grass as seperate objects, palm trees pushing 10000 polys - just the starting beach will contain more objects than all of JPDS combined. Trespasser HD, HD - coming sometime in the next 65 million years. :P
Trespasser HD Remaster HD Remake ;)
Nah, UHD Remake.
On topic, those pictures look good, tatu. There's nothing cooler than looking from one level straight into the next.
I agree! It also makes it more "difficult" to know where the level ends as well, and levels like BE to JR, you see so much for JR just from the monorail. It makes (while a small part) BE much more alive. :)
Do you plan to include PH there between JR and IJ?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

Oh, THAT's what I was looking at...
Well not really. First one is at the monorail and you can see JR behind it, in the same level (not something half-done as retail). The second one is near the first JR shed and the last one is the area they cut from the level, between the monorail and monorail (LOL), BE monorail and JR ending that is. :P
Yes of course, along with PV later on. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:
Yes of course, along with PV later on. :)
And a recreation of PL (along with edits to the rest of the levels to better match the walkthrough, and some new areas as well), in the future once the original set of levels are done. :wink:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

That's a lot of good work there, tatu. I actually like the idea of looking into the next level.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Pretty sweet stuff there. Totally digging the Tres-retro terrain textures, they are so much better. Also the alpha builds have so little foliage sometimes, it's nice to see the more open-terrain JR full of trees and assets.
tatu

Re: Trespasser: Isla Sorna (BEPH1 Released!)

Post by tatu »

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You should have also included the link in this latest post...

When you say "the first part of PH" in the description, does that mean before climbing the rocks or what?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:You should have also included the link in this latest post...

When you say "the first part of PH" in the description, does that mean before climbing the rocks or what?
Done!

Yes, that small area before the rocks :)

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:
machf wrote:You should have also included the link in this latest post...

Done!
I actually meant the download link...
Yes, that small area before the rocks :)
Ugh, the level just crashed as I used the baseball bat on the wooden boards blocking the door to the tool shack...
tatu

Post by tatu »

I linked to the download page on the site instead, easier when I add updates. :)
Ugh, the level just crashed as I used the baseball bat on the wooden boards blocking the door to the tool shack...
LOL! Using a gun work at least. :P

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:
I linked to the download page on the site instead, easier when I add updates. :)
I meant that the same link could have been in your latest post... now you have people jumping from the latest post (where you made the announcemnt) back to the first one, then to the download page... if you place the link BOTH on the anouncement post and on the first post it's better. People who see the topic has been updated will go to the latest post, people who come for the first time will go to the first one, even a long time after it's not been updated.
LOL! Using a gun work at least. :P
Some weeks ago I made a video of the early version of JR (which I haven't uploaded yet, I just remembered!) in which I used the baseball bat without problems... that's why I used it now too.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I meant that the same link could have been in your latest post... now you have people jumping from the latest post (where you made the announcemnt) back to the first one, then to the download page... if you place the link BOTH on the anouncement post and on the first post it's better. People who see the topic has been updated will go to the latest post, people who come for the first time will go to the first one, even a long time after it's not been updated.
Oh. Thanks, I changed the link so it links to the download page instead. :)
Some weeks ago I made a video of the early version of JR (which I haven't uploaded yet, I just remembered!) in which I used the baseball bat without problems... that's why I used it now too.
Oh I've changed some stuff, it is not a pure port. I also believe I moved the plants closer to the shed as well and that is probably causing issues. It never crashed for me though.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It was odd, it crashed as I hit the boards with the bat. Didn't happen when I tried again, though.

So, when are we going to see the rest? I managed to go over the top and up to the landslide... nothing to see there.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Oh I've changed some stuff, it is not a pure port. I also believe I moved the plants closer to the shed as well and that is probably causing issues. It never crashed for me though.
Same here, no problems on my end. Seems machf may have just gotten a bad roll of the Trespasser physics dice. :?
machf wrote: So, when are we going to see the rest? I managed to go over the top and up to the landslide... nothing to see there.
Did you manage to actually escape the level area? If so, where exactly? I tried to make the terrain sloped enough around level borders that it should be inescapable - if there's an area that needs adjusting, I'd like to fix that.