Trespasser: Isla Sorna (PLSUM Preview 1)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Trespasser: Isla Sorna (BEPH1 Released!)

Post by machf »

Oh, no, the fun is in finding those places. So I won't tell. ;)

My guess is that since there is no level following this one, the game returns the player to the location he was in before, after the trigger fails to load the next level...

And my question is still unanswered... when are we going to see the rest?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
machf wrote: So, when are we going to see the rest? I managed to go over the top and up to the landslide... nothing to see there.
Did you manage to actually escape the level area? If so, where exactly? I tried to make the terrain sloped enough around level borders that it should be inescapable - if there's an area that needs adjusting, I'd like to fix that.
I think I see a possible location, but what is Trespasser without an out-of-bound area? ;)
My guess is that since there is no level following this one, the game returns the player to the location he was in before, after the trigger fails to load the next level...
That reminds me. The level loading trigger is set to load IJ, but no-one will have that so maybe I should set it to play the win video until the next segment is finished. :P
And my question is still unanswered... when are we going to see the rest?
When it is done? It is at least a few months away. But as it appears that people approves of it, and actually like it, I will spend my freetime on this for now, as it boosts my modding mood. :mrgreen:
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I already spoke to you about it lots by chat, but awesome job :D Looking forward to the rest and if you need any more (specific) testing, just let me know ;)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Oh, and I have a complaint: part of the fun on the original PH was
Spoiler: show
watching those two raptors start fighting among themselves...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:Oh, and I have a complaint: part of the fun on the original PH was
Spoiler: show
watching those two raptors start fighting among themselves...
I see, I'll write that down. ;)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

TheIdiot wrote:Did you manage to actually escape the level area? If so, where exactly? I tried to make the terrain sloped enough around level borders that it should be inescapable - if there's an area that needs adjusting, I'd like to fix that.
you just have to go around the tree. Anne will slide all the way up and from there you can access PH2 and the rest of the map
tatu

Post by tatu »

Double_G wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:Did you manage to actually escape the level area? If so, where exactly? I tried to make the terrain sloped enough around level borders that it should be inescapable - if there's an area that needs adjusting, I'd like to fix that.
you just have to go around the tree. Anne will slide all the way up and from there you can access PH2 and the rest of the map
I'll leave that in, people enjoy the out-of-bounds, and my plan is still to get BE to IT working in one level. :)

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:and my plan is still to get BE to IT working in one level. :)
Perhaps super-reduce the detail of terrain which is not a part of the BE to IT gameplay areas?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:
tatu wrote:and my plan is still to get BE to IT working in one level. :)
Perhaps super-reduce the detail of terrain which is not a part of the BE to IT gameplay areas?
The game have no issue rendering and loading the terrain. It would also defeat the purpose of being able to view the whole island from the mountain.
The terrain is not the issue that causes issues with BE-IT, that much I am certain of.
We have some ideas on what it might be, but I'll let you all know if we can debug it 8-)

Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

I've played through this mod more than 10 times and i love it! How is the second part of Isla Sorna shaping up, tatu? I imagine that working on it is going to pose quite a challenge. Do i understand correctly that you want to implement the Albertosaurus attack in PH from the walkthrough, an actual lake and swamp in IJ, working geothermal power plant puzzle in PV, and on top of that, recreate the entire Plains level? Either way, i can't wait to play it
tatu

Post by tatu »

Double_G wrote:I've played through this mod more than 10 times and i love it! How is the second part of Isla Sorna shaping up, tatu? I imagine that working on it is going to pose quite a challenge. Do i understand correctly that you want to implement the Albertosaurus attack in PH from the walkthrough, an actual lake and swamp in IJ, working geothermal power plant puzzle in PV, and on top of that, recreate the entire Plains level? Either way, i can't wait to play it
To answer most of your questions: Yes and no. It will depend on the release version. The first main release won't include PH attack, nor a working lake and swamp (though it will be there, as well as the gorge).
PV will be working on first release, and a recreation of the Plains level is a future goal.

As for PH2IT, well a lot is already done. I just need to go over every object (to check height) and do some other fixes, but it will take a few more months as I am currently more in a LEGO mood than height fixing. :P

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I just downloaded this yesterday from the main site, I somewhat have a plan to check it out on Sunday. It sounds intriguing
combining several levels into one.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Rebel wrote:I just downloaded this yesterday from the main site, I somewhat have a plan to check it out on Sunday. It sounds intriguing
Hope you like it. Enjoy :D

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:
Rebel wrote:I just downloaded this yesterday from the main site, I somewhat have a plan to check it out on Sunday. It sounds intriguing
Hope you like it. Enjoy :D
Same from me! Let us know how it goes - bug reports and etc are appreciated. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I played this for a while yesterday, I imagine this was what the original devs had in mind at the start, but they were never
quite able to get there. I have to admit, I sort of got lost a little. You have the original layout burned into your memory,
so in a way it was somewhat playing it for the first time. It was a refreshing jaunt.

There's no end to this, correct? I could always sneak a peek in TresEd, but I don't like to cheat a level as I only explore
it later on when I'm convinced I've seen all that I could.