TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:43 am 
Triceratops
Triceratops

Rebel wrote:
There's no end to this, correct? I could always sneak a peek in TresEd, but I don't like to cheat a level as I only explore
it later on when I'm convinced I've seen all that I could.

There's a sort of end, where the game tries to load the industrial jungle as sort of continuation past the start of the PH level. Though it bugs out if you don't have that level file. Leaving you with a small blip of a loading screen and the ability to wander out of bounds.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:58 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Deadeyeguy_45 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
There's no end to this, correct? I could always sneak a peek in TresEd, but I don't like to cheat a level as I only explore
it later on when I'm convinced I've seen all that I could.

There's a sort of end, where the game tries to load the industrial jungle as sort of continuation past the start of the PH level. Though it bugs out if you don't have that level file. Leaving you with a small blip of a loading screen and the ability to wander out of bounds.

Yeah, the level end trigger tries to load IJ. It is location after the rock jumping in PH1!

Quote:
I played this for a while yesterday, I imagine this was what the original devs had in mind at the start, but they were never
quite able to get there. I have to admit, I sort of got lost a little. You have the original layout burned into your memory,
so in a way it was somewhat playing it for the first time. It was a refreshing jaunt.

Glad it felt like that! And I understand getting lost in JR, it is massive. Earlier terrain was a bit bigger. Hopefully in future updates it will have some more interesting things to find. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6