MinePass

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: MinePass

Post by TheIdiot »

Never really touched Minecraft, but I have to say that the videos are quite impressive. I really like the recreation of the original concept town, which as far as I know has never been done before outside of the TLW board game. The Embryonics Administration compound is also cool to see in explorable capacity. I assume that flying building you showed over the lagoon is intended to be the underwater facility from the Telltale game?
Did you use an exact heightmap from the actual Trespasser levels here? I did notice that some things look a bit different (which isn't a bad thing, in fact I like a lot of the changes you made).
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Lol, yeah the "flying saucer" is the underwater facility, just came out bigger than I anticipated, so didn't have time to re plan it's location. I did try but kept running into the same issue where the terrain exceeded Minecraft's build limit of 256 (64 being ground/water level). So I used a map overlay and free handed it. (Except pv to harbor, that was all hand built, something anyone that dug two blocks down would have found out :twisted: )

Although, I did use a height map to get My Watson and the switchbacks and tram line, still raw but it's there.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I took a quick look and man is it impressive!!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Just a little update on what's new.

Been playing around at the EA complex, "flying saucer" still hovering over head but slowly getting a feel for what I want to do for the main lab section. As for the "model town" I've created a wall of trees in front of the perimeter fence and got the Tall grass and bone yard added, still needs finer detailing but looking good.
5-18-2021_9-26-31_PM-iftmjxjn_copy_1282x721.png
5-18-2021_9-26-31_PM-iftmjxjn_copy_1282x721.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 40364 times
And finally added the JP3 airfield. (Just added a minor puzzle to turn the lights on)
5-18-2021_9-26-14_PM-e0lyk3jg_copy_1144x643.png
5-18-2021_9-26-14_PM-e0lyk3jg_copy_1144x643.png (995.53 KiB) Viewed 40364 times
Also on a final note, in regards to the new Minecraft update, now two part update, the first part will only effect new and old structures as it mainly is just new blocks. The second part, for the most part as it is, will only concern phase two, puzzles and audio cues.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I always thought the JP3 airfield was just a strip of landstrip. Was buildings noticeable in the movie? :D

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

tatu wrote:I always thought the JP3 airfield was just a strip of landstrip. Was buildings noticeable in the movie? :D
There were actually
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Yeah, unfortunately due to limited reference material about those buildings I went with the design seen in the Lego game, the area to the left of the main building was my own design. Try to incorporate actual Tres assets into new builds, makes things feel more cohesive.
Attachments
daljit-singh-runway-05_copy_640x314.jpg
daljit-singh-runway-05_copy_640x314.jpg (70.04 KiB) Viewed 40351 times
tatu

Post by tatu »

Oh cool. I just never looked that closely I guess. Been some time since I last watched the movies. :)

MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

So for Jurassic June the plan is to redo the foliage for Be and update the download. Going to try my hand at building some custom trees, nothing to crazy or over detailed but something still better than the default tree selection. On the 8th the game will receive part one of the"caves and cliffs" update (mostly blocks and mobs). So depending how the foliage work goes I might be able to get even more work done on the EA complex, especially in a few areas that I've refrained from building just for this update.
Attachments
6-2-2021_10-19-41_PM-ttub2etw_copy_500x282.png
6-2-2021_10-19-41_PM-ttub2etw_copy_500x282.png (182.31 KiB) Viewed 40251 times
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Update on progress. The JP3 river has been overhauled, now much more natural looking with a good sized lagoon for a marina, and fixed the height issues that plagued the upstream parts. The aviary canyon has also been altered to be much larger. Continuing from last post about custom foliage, I'm happy to announce that it's looking very very good, the dead trees for PV have also been greatly improved. Presently there's probably about ten different trees. Hammond's mansion, one of the first structures I built, demolished and rebuilt. Have even added the mansion from the concept art, interior is based on the model made by Rebel, plan for it to be a sort of museum/timeline of TresCom. And finally work in the before mentioned aviary is proceeding slowly but a lot has been done.
Attachments
10-12-2021_10-19-05_PM-edt0piiq_copy_1280x720.png
10-12-2021_10-19-05_PM-edt0piiq_copy_1280x720.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 39789 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looking neat. I dunno what your take on it is, but back in the mid to late 2000s when I studied JP/// for JPDS locations, I concluded that the Aviary was not actually only a dome-shape but also a canyon passage of some length, with a curved top barrier along where we see the Pteranodon bring Eric. For JPDS I also put a half-dome on the opposite end to give it a clean look.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Agreed, this area is in the shape of a "y", don't ask why just how it came out - didn't have a lot of area to work with. From my deep examination of the dome itself it almost looks like at one time it was supposed to be just a dome, concept art backs this idea up. When you look at the beams and how the run they don't add up well, it's as if there's something behind there. JP III scenes seem to be a real pain to decider, so much conflicting information, just ask our friend the Site B marina (aka just a barge and crane)
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

So, first update of 2022 and where to begin... So starting at Be through JR a decent amount of custom trees have been placed, not spent a lot of time on that side of the island. PH, did some work in the camp and built up the terrain along the Cathy's beach path, now a better representation of the game area. for the hose I've managed to work in a staircase under the stairs, for the basement mentioned in the walkthrough.
ll.png
ll.png (1.88 MiB) Viewed 38864 times
Going next door to the Lowlands three unique tree designs have been added. The EA complex has seen various bits of progress, most notably a JW lagoon style fence has been added to the complex side of the lagoon. A JWFK style gate seals of the paddock from the ocean.
it.png
it.png (1.82 MiB) Viewed 38864 times
In the IT the only change was the swapping of stone bricks to smooth sandstone for the ops building. The aviary dome and canyon fencing are in place with a gate for the barge to enter and leave. aside from the entrance seen in the movie a second building has been added to the peninsula outcropping, this one edited to look like the one from the concept art image. This same building has been added to the dam reservoir area, going to be the entrance to a second aquarium.
wv.png
wv.png (1.98 MiB) Viewed 38864 times
Now we reach the big changes, first off, the worker village building that were in the demo area have been removed and moved to a new home next to As2, the area is now a recreation of the film set but with a few added buildings.
pv.png
pv.png (1.87 MiB) Viewed 38864 times
In its place a third helipad with stairs, phone, shack, and to fill the large void where the boarding house is the radio bunker from JWFK. Its purpose is going to a storage building and maybe a shortcut tunnel or something. Along with these changes the area has returned to being populated with trees. And finally, the last area of major change is the harbor.... which has been lowered by six blocks. Despite the mess it caused to the surrounding terrain the change has been something I long wanted, the height difference from the water was just outrageous - even for it being low tide. thankfully most of the mess is cleaned up and work on the rail yard is starting.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

This is pretty neat. I enjoy seeing a full reconstruction of Sorna taking shape. I'd like to see videos sometime. So much space.

I see animals around. Is that a llama?
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Draconisaurus wrote:This is pretty neat. I enjoy seeing a full reconstruction of Sorna taking shape. I'd like to see videos sometime. So much space.

I see animals around. Is that a llama?
Yeah I've defiantly wanted to do more of that but always stuck in the "after I do this" thing. Might try and do little snippets with rtx on. And that is indeed a llama, looking directly at you lol. The other creature is ocelots.

A shot of the Aviary with the two buildings and barge entrance. ooh and another llama
Attachments
A.png
A.png (1.92 MiB) Viewed 38846 times