Re: MinePass

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm which glow squid is meant here?
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

TrespassingWiccan wrote:Curious, how much progress have you made since you started and how much do you have left? And #hail Glow Squid indeed :mrgreen:
IMG_20201008_140142960_copy_680x363.jpg
IMG_20201008_140142960_copy_680x363.jpg (96.9 KiB) Viewed 41960 times
Based on the name of this map, this seems to be the extent of progress that I made on the 360. Still have a lot of work to do.... but at least I don't have to do everything.... though I still have to fix the PV trap.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ah nice. This isn't the end with the demo map recreations on it, is it?
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Nope, it seems that PV was still in it's early stages here. The only element of the demo area in this build was the twin heli pads (the red L by the green marker). The reason for this is that I was uncertain on how to do the starting area terrain. So I just went to where the geo plant was and worked my way back.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh hmm. That's a rather green demo area... The inaccurate map layout is starting to have its own sort of charm, heh.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Ya, the dark green is green terracotta. The bright green is grass (jungle color).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I do find myself interested in the ceramic landscape. Possibly created by the Plantation House residents in their spare time.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

The reason that the ground is made of terracotta was that back when I started this the "supper flat" world option had trees and resources bundled....so I added a layer that would prevent trees from generating.

Looking back on this....I regret so much. So many hours just going back and forth breaking blocks. And only to come so far just to have a simple program make all that suffering irrelevant. :sick:
TrespassingWiccan
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by TrespassingWiccan »

Considering the timeframe since the beginning of this thread and seeing the latest map picture, I'm impressed by your progress. Keep it up, you're doing great! :mrgreen:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I feel like the "hard way" of making Minecraft levels is a valueable art, in some way. On looking at past projects and considering how they were done, the more trial-esque ones may stand out more.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Think its high time that I updated a certain file from 2 years ago....http://www.mediafire.com/file/jy3ut64jp ... 2.zip/file
download.jpg
download.jpg (5.5 KiB) Viewed 41731 times
And for everyone else I have a couple of vids of a fly over of the current map (same one in the download link). Spent the night before wanting to finish up the (redacted) but ended up planting a bunch of trees....and fighting with minecarts..... :|

Vid 1 https://youtu.be/lGS-dgJo_Go
Vid 2 https://youtu.be/YtRu-mnmXmc
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Great work!

Now that I have finally bought Minecraft (used to use my brothers login), I will take a look at this at some point. :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

tatu wrote:Great work!

Now that I have finally bought Minecraft (used to use my brothers login), I will take a look at this at some point. :D
Thanks Tatu, the map is in Bedrock format, if you got Java all you need to do is run it through MCC Tool Chest to convert it to Java. Hope you enjoy :rambo:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

That's funky, trying to reimagine trespasser in this way must have taken you a long time. It looks pretty cool though
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Rebel wrote:That's funky, trying to reimagine trespasser in this way must have taken you a long time. It looks pretty cool though
Oh sweet raptor Jesus you have no idea, especially when buildings have two wall colors, makes the building larger and doors between rooms.....kinda weird. But the biggest pain is even or odd. Just moved the model town over one block to make the operation center even, thus allowing for actual openable doors instead of just block built ones.