MinePass

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: MinePass

Post by MinePass »

Well... time for a loooong overdo update. So first off the island has been fully created thanks to World Painter and all the in game built areas have been ported in. Next levels 1-8 (including cut levels) all have some form of completion, IJ and PL are the most lacking at the moment, although PL did receive a third face lift so it's "more accurate". Also added a second town based on the TLW "worker village" model, this in relation to the island canon is where the low level employees lived (guards, construction workers, ECT). And speaking of the Town I copied the terminal from Be. It's situated in the back corner where the west gate is.
Last edited by MinePass on Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Nice! :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Whoa, I seem to have quite forgotten about this project. Those Raptors look nice. What are the chances of a short gameplay clip?
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Draco, I have got Be pretty much done, maybe add some foliage here or there, but I still need to add Anne's plane and apartment and the other bits of the intro. Plan is to start the game more or less how it is in game. But I also need to fix Gona's old add-on, or use another one as a placeholder until I get around to that part. But doing a "let's play/showcase" has been on the "to do list".
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I see. Looking forward to seeing more.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Draconisaurus wrote:Looking forward to seeing more.
Believe me, there's a triceratops size pile of content to see.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Be sure to wash your mouse before you click anything...
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

So while technically not new but it's new if you didn't see it on discord. (Ignore the strange areas)
12.29_copy_768x1061.png
12.29_copy_768x1061.png (812.7 KiB) Viewed 33177 times
Since last update I've finished off the "black canyon" from 116 IJ. The canyon is not game accurate but provides a respectable nod to the source material, along with a quick shortcut to IJ3. Though that doesn't mean it's without challenge, the helicopter pit will be home to some very hungry raptors, also the chopper will be in the correct spot. Lastly I've begun planting "jungle trees" in the "lowland" area. Unfortunately the pics I took are crap :cartman:, it's what I get for being lazy and taking pics of my tv.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmmm fascinating. I do wait in anticipation of the filling in of the ruined civ sections. I enjoy the view of those areas and paths not found in the original level designs. What is this brown river space?
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Draconisaurus wrote:What is this brown river space?
that my friend is the "Lowlands", Hammond says that they "sealed off the Town save for a few crucial gates. Southward to the Lowlands, Eastward to the power plant and laboratory". However what is in the Lowlands that would make it important enough not to weld shut like the west gate? My answer is the EA complex.
tatu

Post by tatu »

MinePass wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:What is this brown river space?
that my friend is the "Lowlands", Hammond says that they "sealed off the Town save for a few crucial gates. Southward to the Lowlands, Eastward to the power plant and laboratory". However what is in the Lowlands that would make it important enough not to weld shut like the west gate? My answer is the EA complex.
It's interesting. That brown area, along with the area next to the mountain is the only big spaces appearing to not be used in any level. While I guess the one next to the mountain could just be mountains, that Lowlands area appears to be a huge proper area that was going to be unused.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh!.....

LowLands, the unreleased undeveloped Trespasser level, coming to a random modder's PC soon...
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
TrespassingWiccan
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by TrespassingWiccan »

This looks really good, it will be interesting to see some of the unused assets in your recreation :)

You mentioned you have a Discord? Do you post more information there through a group or something similar?
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

TrespassingWiccan wrote: You mentioned you have a Discord? Do you post more information there through a group or something similar?
I posted some images on the Trespasser group. I may be mistaken but I think I only posted some images of the hunters camp, plantation house, and IJ1. Oh and by the way #hail Glow Squid :mrgreen:
TrespassingWiccan
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by TrespassingWiccan »

MinePass wrote:
TrespassingWiccan wrote: You mentioned you have a Discord? Do you post more information there through a group or something similar?
I posted some images on the Trespasser group. I may be mistaken but I think I only posted some images of the hunters camp, plantation house, and IJ1. Oh and by the way #hail Glow Squid :mrgreen:
Ah, I see haha. Maybe if I can find more time to be a prevalent member on here I can contribute to that group one day :lol: Curious, how much progress have you made since you started and how much do you have left? And #hail Glow Squid indeed :mrgreen: