Isla Muerta - Site C (Now Released - pg. 5)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: Isla Muerta - Site C (Now Released - pg. 5)

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Downloaded this earlier this day, looked around this both in game and in TresEd. Overall, I'm very impressed with all the new content used in this mod. I'm loving the embryo arms and egg incubators, the latter of which I found in the basement.
Spoiler: show
I also love the warehouse section with the raptors in the tanks, as well as the Omega Rex. It looks so eerie floating in that huge tank with the bubbles surrounding it.
I like the creepy atmosphere of this mod, especially with the underlying plot and its implications. Feels very Terminator-y to me.
Spoiler: show
And that's not just because of the Cyber Deinos :P

TheIdiot wrote:Ugh, I'm still bummed that the ghost didn't work! Still don't have a clue what happened to it. For those curious, when you go up the stairs in one of the buildings, a music cue will play - you would have seen a ghost quickly zoom by the doorway. The ghost model itself can be found in one of the adjacent rooms.

I'm glad you're putting out this level, though. I think it's still quite fun to explore, even if it's incomplete...maybe someone will use that Omega Rex elsewhere.
Don't worry guys! I figured out the problem with the ghost animation. Apparently ASA files don't like it when you try to animate a copied instance, so I substituted PApparition00-01 with PApparition00-00 in the ASA file, fiddled with a trigger in TresEd, and actually got the ghost working. I've provided a link to see a video of it. Even though I knew what was going to happen as I reached the top of the stairs, it still sent chills down my spine :lol:

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Glad to hear you liked it! I'm sure Draco will be pleased to hear you enjoyed all the fancy machinery he created as well, I can definitely see those being used in future mods. :wink: Kind of sad we never finished this as we had discussed a lot of this in-detail as well.
I like the creepy atmosphere of this mod, especially with the underlying plot and its implications. Feels very Terminator-y to me.
Draco and I had discussed having some additional spooky events happening around the level, like disembodied voices and objects flying around on their own. There used to be a painting scripted to fall down in that same building, but it didn't look very good.
Did you find the other paranormal event in that building? It occurs when you go to the back of one of the rooms on the first floor, as I believe we had discussed putting an important item back there which never made it in so that you'd have to trigger this event.
I also love the warehouse section with the raptors in the tanks, as well as the Omega Rex. It looks so eerie floating in that huge tank with the bubbles surrounding it.
Thanks! Probably one of my favourite little things there. Another thing I don't think was ever added in was the puzzle which was meant to take place in there...you would have had to flip a switch and lower that tank down, draining the liquid. This would have allowed you to pick up a keycard which was sitting in the bottom of the tank, right underneath the T-Rex. Naturally you would have picked it up and the Rex would have given a little growl just to spook the player, but nothing would happen until you actually tried to leave. An alarm would have been set off and the Rex would have awoken - you'd have to kill it to escape!
Don't worry guys! I figured out the problem with the ghost animation. Apparently ASA files don't like it when you try to animate a copied instance, so I substituted PApparition00-01 with PApparition00-00 in the ASA file, fiddled with a trigger in TresEd, and actually got the ghost working. I've provided a link to see a video of it. Even though I knew what was going to happen as I reached the top of the stairs, it still sent chills down my spine :lol:
Yay! :D Thanks for figuring that one out, though I'm fairly certain I've had ASA animations play on instances in the past. Huh. Also, I believe you may have changed something in the ASA file as the ghost originally went the other way across the doorway. No big deal either way, you get the idea. I'm the one who made it and it gives me the heebie-jeebies every time I see it...I actually made it after having a nightmare the previous day about this exact thing. :P
I never got around to it, but I was also going to have another animation play when you went through that doorway which would have had the ghost off drift around the corner to the right and out of view, which was meant to guide you toward the room at the end of that corridor.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I always wanted to do a Halloween level, but never did get around to it. I'm too tired to play after a
day's work, but I did download this. Next day off, I'll have to check this out.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

TrespasserGuy, that is great that you fixed the ghost animation. Thanks for posting a video. I hope this level entertains as you all explore it.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I was playing this last night, but I couldn't save the game (not because of the mod, but something else - any time I attempted to load or save ANY savegame from ANY map, the game would practically freeze). So, now my first priority is fixing that issue and then go back to keep going through the level... (had to restart every time the game froze)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

A corrupted savegame file from LostJungle3 was causing the problem...

Can this level be finished as it is right now? It seems to have a few things missing... or maybe I'm expecting too much. I was wondering if power could be restored, but apparently, the wind turbines have no magnets or triggers...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

The level is very much incomplete. Lots of locations, but lots remains undeveloped. There was going to be some kind of power-restore puzzle, as well as an underground bunker that I was mostly finished making but never imported, based on the Stargate Command made by hppav and myself. The level however does have a decent amount of story-telling devices intact.