ASUM - Ascent I, II and Summit (Public Release)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: ASUM - Ascent I, II and Summit (Public Release)

Post by tatu »

Hilwo told me about the dead hunter VO in PV the other day, pretty cool. Doesn't the b96 version have a lot of skeletons there from humans?

AFAIK one of the dev said they hardcoded the emotes into the engine to make them always attacking, but we know that is not the case. But I do plan on working more on the AI later on, making them more unique and such.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Yeah, definitely not the case. At least twoRaptors in final IJ do Actsniff=true and won't attack unless injured. and then the other one just wanders around uninterested in the player. I actually documented said raptors on IJ's TCRF page:
https://tcrf.net/Jurassic_Park:_Trespas ... Raptors.3F

And yes, there's at least two or three human skeletons and associated body parts in the build 96 version of PV in the Raptor Nest. Something I should also note about the earlier version of PV is that the forest goes beyond there for a good bit which I found interesting. Make me wonder just how much DWI intended to put in the level.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Does anyone know if ActFeint was used in retail or b96? I used it in EastDock to make the dilo go up to the player but not actually attack.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It appears they didn't use it in any of those.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Yeah Draco. I don't think any of the behaviors that the raptors in IJ exhibit were ever meant to be used in the final due to bugs. They're not even the only ones that they forgot either. The Stego in the Lab level does ActSniff too.

They did intend ActOuch and ActDie to be on every dinosaur in retail though. For whatever reason, the behaviors were commented out. Thus far, I don't exactly see anything wrong with them. And ActDie would have been applied after the dinosaur was dead so there wasn't much point in disabling that really. From my own observations, ActDie seems to be tied to the Reallydie behavior. The dinosaur will moan in pain after its health reaches zero until it hits "Reallydie" state Actouch would have been used while the dinosaur was still alive to indicate injury.

The only reason I can think of that these two behaviors would have been commented out is because it would have prevented other nearby AI's from activating if the AI limit for the engine were reached. (which also tends to cause physics problems as well in the process, because the game is trying to take resources from something else to activate the AI, and sometimes, that can be Anne herself which results in problems.

And yeah, a lot of behaviors didn't actually get used despite being fully implemented Draco.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm yeah. Really like how ActDie works.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Something I really want is the Theropod animation scripts from the Trespasser E3 and PCgamer prototypes. They were a lot smoother and more realistic than what we got. Something else I noticed is that the physics of dinosaurs were a lot more rubbery in nature than the final's.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I have to say, the E3 dino anims are pretty nice even if they have fewer overall variants..
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Something I really want is the Theropod animation scripts from the Trespasser E3 and PCgamer prototypes. They were a lot smoother and more realistic than what we got. Something else I noticed is that the physics of dinosaurs were a lot more rubbery in nature than the final's.
I requested this under the CE thread, hoping Lee could find a way to convert them over to retail Trespasser. They look so much more realistic, even if it were just the wagging tails that the carnivores have.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Actually it's a bit more than that. The Carnivores also have more realistic walk animations. This is especially notable on the rex if you watch it. A little off topic but the PCgamer engine is actually far buggier than the earlier E3 engine. Also, don't bother porting over the PCgamer level files to the E3 engine. They'll just crash. The engine seems to have changed completely in a month's time. The physics issues in the PCgamer proto may be why it wasn't sent to the magazine.
tedmg09130913
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by tedmg09130913 »

This level crashed when I tried to play this in the latest trespasser ce. I next tried running this in trespasser gui and got this error. The attached image shows the error. When I clicked on ignore the error I was able to play the level.
Attachments
trespasser gui.jpg
trespasser gui.jpg (279.72 KiB) Viewed 12545 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That error really shouldn't matter at all, that's a common and minor issue. Does the level load all the way before crashing? If so, your computer might just not be good enough to handle it.
tatu

Post by tatu »

That error does not crash the level at all. As you are running CE, just try to use lower settings with it and see if it works. :)
A little off topic but the PCgamer engine is actually far buggier than the earlier E3 engine. Also, don't bother porting over the PCgamer level files to the E3 engine. They'll just crash. The engine seems to have changed completely in a month's time. The physics issues in the PCgamer proto may be why it wasn't sent to the magazine.
That might be the case. I haven't really compared the physics in both of them. As the E3 build was specifically made for E3, it is possible that engine is worked on more, and have specific stuff in it, only to show of the game.
One thing some of you might have noticed is that while the E3 build, the dinosaurs only have the bones on them, while at least the PCGamer build, IJ and PH's dinosaurs have those physics boxes also seen in the release.
In the PCGamer build, there is a file named "~WRL0002.tmp". You can open it as a text file and see an "early" save of the "Area Notes.txt". It is only 9 min apart and contains no new information, but still :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

I've never been a big fan of the ascent levels due to the continuous oddities, but this map defiantly raised my opinion of them :) . I don't want to spoil anything but what is with the tribe b raptors, i swear that they are larger and seem to know when death is pointing at them. I got past a whole stretch by pointing my gun at them and they would back off :-?.
tatu

Post by tatu »

They are the same size as in the original levels. As for them running away, that is a miss from me. A lot of them have their anchor placed in another location in the map, which I overlooked. I have fixed this however, so it will be fixed in the next release. :)

Glad you like it!