Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Tres File Box

Post by Draconisaurus »

So apparently a thread was never made for this baby... But as most of you have probably noticed, this handy file resource is linked in my sig. It's got levels and various other Tres things.

http://www.box.net/shared/cpshg3a80o

So, this thread can be used for folks to submit requests for things to be hosted...

...However the reason I came to write this thread is because I am doing away with the annoying problem of fan levels rarely/never having the light working for keycard readers... Tiny little issue that stems from the fact that no one seems to know where the lit-up texture is stored. Well, here it is:

https://app.box.com/s/12az6ctigmhgd2x0f4kws9mqrsazz5nz

Enjoy! *makes card reader sound*
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Tres File Box

Post by TheIdiot »

Good to see you finally posting about this, provides a great quick-access link to the file box instead of having to find one of your posts somewhere. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Except there's pretty much always a link to my profile on the forum mainpage :lol: Still this provides an on-topic place to post about it.

While we're at it - I don't suppose anyone has a sort of basement-level (a la "Base~TresJungle") they'd like to see made for purposes of modding?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:While we're at it - I don't suppose anyone has a sort of basement-level (a la "Base~TresJungle") they'd like to see made for purposes of modding?
Well yes. A level for like all stuff, you know, with all barrels, crates, cars etc. Everything that is not vegetation, dinosaurs or buildings. Also, there isn't a level with the foliage with Pines etc.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Erm! Your first part... seems like a joke :yum: At any rate I'm not going to do it. The pine foliage level, however, is simple and I have been wanting to do it for years. Consider it on the to-do-soon list 8) (currently busy with this week's MMM.)
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Erm! Your first part... seems like a joke :yum:
Not really. One of the most time consuming thing is to open several levels just to grab those stuff. Foliage is often in one a same level.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I think the TresTeam originally had MAX files just like that, so it's a good suggestion.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:I think the TresTeam originally had MAX files just like that, so it's a good suggestion.
I think so too. By the look from the max IT level we got where stuff was sorted into categorizes, they probably used it as a base and then deleted the ones not used etc.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm. My notion is that there were indeed scenes for (most?) assets, in groups.. not all-in-one-level. Another issue is versioning... There are multiple versions of models out there with the same names. Then there's the matter of taking our exports from specific levels for palette-coordination. I just feel it's a bit problematic... Hmm it may also be a matter of, I have memorized pretty much every inch of the retail levels and it's no sweat to hunt things down :P The "problem" comes when you routinely carry out the same exports which could be consolidated somehow, such as with foliage (IIRC the jungle plants had to be sourced from multiple levels, for example.. either that or I just had to specifically use JR out of a knowledge that it had more stuff than the other levels).

There's also a redundancy issue... If the models are to be exported, anyway, I feel in many cases it does not save much time/resources to put them in a single level, if they are just going to be exported from there... Thing is Tres~BaseJungle is that you can actually rename it to begin new levels and automatically have all your foliage in place. A mass-object-level would not support this option.