Trespasser dino textures

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Trespasser dino textures

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

I've been looking for the Trespasser dinosaur textures for my game. However, I can't find them.. If someone could help me find them, that would be more than helpful!
In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser dino textures

Post by tatu »

Extract a dinosaur with TresEd and you will get the textures!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

tatu wrote:Extract a dinosaur with TresEd and you will get the textures!
I wasn't looking to download an editing tool for the textures. Would it be possible if you or someone else who had the editor, to use the snipping tool to get the textures?
The reason I didn't want to download TresEd is because I have little space left. Right now it's filled up with audio and other textures.
tedmg09130913
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by tedmg09130913 »

Maybe you can buy a memory card? Nowdays 16 gigabytes is about $8. The tresed .exe is about 681 kilobytes. Quite a few levels are under 100 megabytes.
tatu

Post by tatu »

tedmg09130913 wrote:The tresed .exe is about 681 kilobytes. Quite a few levels are under 100 megabytes.
This. You wouldn't need 100mb (with a few levels and editor), to get them.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

tatu wrote:
tedmg09130913 wrote:The tresed .exe is about 681 kilobytes. Quite a few levels are under 100 megabytes.
This. You wouldn't need 100mb (with a few levels and editor), to get them.

Where and how can I install TresEd? I'm pretty new here.
tedmg09130913
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by tedmg09130913 »

Simply put TresEd_2003-11-21.exe and tresed.ini in the install directory with trespass.exe:(which would be Dreamworks Interactive/Trespasser in program files or program files (x86) ). I forgot to mention you will need opengl installed. I think windows 8 and later come with it preinstalled. Be sure to play the level in trespasser first. When you play the level in trespasser a file with .swp extemsion is generated in the install directory. You select the .swp file with tresed:(after exiting trespasser).

https://www.opengl.org/
Last edited by tedmg09130913 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:14 am, edited 8 times in total.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

tedmg09130913 wrote:Simply put TresEd_2003-11-21.exe and tresed.ini in the same directory as trespass.exe. I forgot to mention you will need opengl installed. I think windows 8 and later come with it preinstalled. Be sure to play the level in trespasser first. When you play the level in trespasser a .swp file is generated for the level. You select the .swp file with tresed:(after exiting trespasser).

https://www.opengl.org/

I didn't understand any of that.

Isn't there someone who can upload the dino textures to box.com or something?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Isn't there someone who can upload the dino textures to box.com or something?
There's a lot of files since the textures are all split into a lot of small files, though, so that would probably be a large download. The online Trespasser Texture Archive *might* have the files, but I don't think so.

All I can say is to do what the others have told you to do -
1. Download TresEd from the TresCom main site
2. Extract it somewhere and open "TresEd.exe"
3. Go to the top right where it says "File" and click it, select "Load Level" from the dropdown menu
4. Choose a .SWP file from your Trespasser data directory, preferably the one that has the dinosaurs you want to take the textures from in it.
5. Once you've found the dino you want in the level (you can fly around the level using WASD and the mousewheel), click on it, then go back to the "File" option in the top right and select "Export Selection as .TPM".
6. Choose the location you want to extract the textures to, then hit "Save". Just click "Okay" or "Yes" for any dialogue that comes up in between.
That should export the model and files to a folder, where you can edit them to your heart's desire. :)
tatu

Post by tatu »

No, you do NOT need OpenGl for TresEd.

A question, why do you want the dinosaur textures? If you really need them (to modify or anything), I suggest you actually learn how TresEd and editing work.