TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:15 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:48 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 11529
Location: Lima, Peru
TheIdiot wrote:
I know. :P What I meant was simply what Draco meant when he said "impression of not liking"...does he mean do I not like it or that he doesn't like it?

I thought he meant he was doing his impression...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:44 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 11757
Location: Portland, OR
Lol. I meant that, upon reading the description of a misted IJ3, I had the personal impression that I myself did not like it. At any rate, thinking of it now it seems cool..

_________________
Image
Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:14 am 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2874
Location: Canada, eh?
Draconisaurus wrote:
Lol. I meant that, upon reading the description of a misted IJ3, I had the personal impression that I myself did not like it. At any rate, thinking of it now it seems cool..

Ah, okay. When I say "misted", I mean a little big foggier than the rest of the level, but not too much. Think more of TLW's atmosphere. :wink:

_________________
Image
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD | My Release Thread | Level Reviews


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:24 pm 
Offline
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Monticello, Kentucky
Fantastic work sir. Simply fantastic!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:57 am 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2874
Location: Canada, eh?
Road Warrior wrote:
Fantastic work sir. Simply fantastic!!!

Great to hear from you again, RoadWarrior! :D And thank you for the compliments.

_________________
Image
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD | My Release Thread | Level Reviews


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:04 am 
Offline
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Monticello, Kentucky
TheIdiot wrote:
Road Warrior wrote:
Fantastic work sir. Simply fantastic!!!

Great to hear from you again, RoadWarrior! :D And thank you for the compliments.


I know you said you were only going to tackle the beach and maybe JR, but, can you imagine every level of the game brought up to this new level of detail saturation? Surely if time and patience were allotted this could be a thing. I would even throw some money at it....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:32 am 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2874
Location: Canada, eh?
Quote:
I know you said you were only going to tackle the beach and maybe JR, but, can you imagine every level of the game brought up to this new level of detail saturation? Surely if time and patience were allotted this could be a thing. I would even throw some money at it....

Well, RW, you may be in luck as Draco and I have been discussing the creation of a full remake featuring all the original levels PLUS the missing Pine Valley, Plains and Plantation House levels. :) Though I definitely can't take any money from it without Universal shutting us down, I feel the reward is being able to play it even as the creator.

_________________
Image
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD | My Release Thread | Level Reviews


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:28 am 
Offline
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Monticello, Kentucky
Ha! Yes, I didn't even consider that until later.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:52 pm 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2874
Location: Canada, eh?
It's been a while now, so here's a shot of my most recent progress, the rocky valley just to the east of the brachiosaur encounter:

Image

I wanted to do something a bit different here as the entire area before this where the terrain is rough would end up being too similar, so I went with more of a cluster of small rocks surrounding the base of the mountains. Also wanted to get a screenshot of the area near the wrecked Unimog, but I haven't created the new Unimog model yet so that will have to wait. :cry: You may also notice a few new ground textures - I've finally replaces all of the temporary ones from TC~Isle, so it's all fresh and new!

I had originally planned on creating a GIF to show off a new graphical feature I've just recently implemented, but I couldn't find a sufficient program to turn videos into GIF files, so that will have to wait for now. Trust me, it'll be worth the wait as it looks pretty cool and adds soooooo much to the overall look of the level. 8)

Aside from that, the level is about 3/4ths of the way finished now, just have to do the brachiosaur valley (currently doing that at the moment, broken bridge area and monorail station. I'm considering ending the level at the top of the bridge as we now know that originally JR was supposed to begin walking down the hill toward to monorail, but then I would have to alter the terrain so that you couldn't get back to BE from JR.
On that note, I believe I may switch JR's terrain over with that of the PC Gamer release, where the terrain is somewhat rougher but retains the open feel of the early alpha we obtained a while back. To me, the early alpha version is just TOO open, with no real paths to follow aside from the monorail itself and the Hidden Valley. I also of course will be using the PC Gamer PH, PV and IJ terrains once I get that far as the base for each level (though IJ might be merged in a couple of small places with Retail to add some variety - still want to either keep the gorge or attempt to create the lake and swamp from the walkthrough, so the Blighted Forest will be about half the size it is in the PC Gamer release).

More to come soon hopefully! We may even have a release before Xmas... :wink:

_________________
Image
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD | My Release Thread | Level Reviews


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:31 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 11529
Location: Lima, Peru
TheIdiot wrote:
It's been a while now, so here's a shot of my most recent progress, the rocky valley just to the east of the brachiosaur encounter:

Image

I wanted to do something a bit different here as the entire area before this where the terrain is rough would end up being too similar, so I went with more of a cluster of small rocks surrounding the base of the mountains. Also wanted to get a screenshot of the area near the wrecked Unimog, but I haven't created the new Unimog model yet so that will have to wait. :cry: You may also notice a few new ground textures - I've finally replaces all of the temporary ones from TC~Isle, so it's all fresh and new!

Very impressive...

Quote:
I had originally planned on creating a GIF to show off a new graphical feature I've just recently implemented, but I couldn't find a sufficient program to turn videos into GIF files, so that will have to wait for now. Trust me, it'll be worth the wait as it looks pretty cool and adds soooooo much to the overall look of the level. 8)

Use VirtualDub to convert the video frames to bitmpas, then you can load them elsewhere to mae your GIF...
Or you could export directly to GIF from VirtualDub, but I'm not sure how well it does it...

Quote:

Aside from that, the level is about 3/4ths of the way finished now, just have to do the brachiosaur valley (currently doing that at the moment, broken bridge area and monorail station. I'm considering ending the level at the top of the bridge as we now know that originally JR was supposed to begin walking down the hill toward to monorail, but then I would have to alter the terrain so that you couldn't get back to BE from JR.
On that note, I believe I may switch JR's terrain over with that of the PC Gamer release, where the terrain is somewhat rougher but retains the open feel of the early alpha we obtained a while back. To me, the early alpha version is just TOO open, with no real paths to follow aside from the monorail itself and the Hidden Valley. I also of course will be using the PC Gamer PH, PV and IJ terrains once I get that far as the base for each level (though IJ might be merged in a couple of small places with Retail to add some variety - still want to either keep the gorge or attempt to create the lake and swamp from the walkthrough, so the Blighted Forest will be about half the size it is in the PC Gamer release).

More to come soon hopefully! We may even have a release before Xmas... :wink:

We'll wait with interest...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:14 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 11757
Location: Portland, OR
TheIdiot wrote:
It's been a while now, so here's a shot of my most recent progress, the rocky valley just to the east of the brachiosaur encounter:

Image

Looks great - though that palm to the right has an awful tile...
Quote:
I'm considering ending the level at the top of the bridge as we now know that originally JR was supposed to begin walking down the hill toward to monorail, but then I would have to alter the terrain so that you couldn't get back to BE from JR.

I don't recommend this.. for one due to the backwards progression issue.. It just makes sense to end BE at the impass of the Terminus wall.

Quote:
On that note, I believe I may switch JR's terrain over with that of the PC Gamer release, where the terrain is somewhat rougher but retains the open feel of the early alpha we obtained a while back. To me, the early alpha version is just TOO open, with no real paths to follow aside from the monorail itself and the Hidden Valley.

I second this motion. I mourn the loss of a direct road path but it's more than made up for by the varied terrain.

_________________
Image
Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:18 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:52 pm
Posts: 4712
Location: Atlanta
Well, now I'm really going to have to get that GTX 1080 card to experience this in all it's glory!

Quite lovely!

_________________
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:13 am 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2874
Location: Canada, eh?
Quote:
Use VirtualDub to convert the video frames to bitmpas, then you can load them elsewhere to mae your GIF...
Or you could export directly to GIF from VirtualDub, but I'm not sure how well it does it...

Will definitely try that. Thanks! :D

Quote:
Looks great - though that palm to the right has an awful tile...

Yeah, I keep forgetting to fix those...the trees are all probably going to have upgraded, bumpmapped texture anyway so those old TC textures will probably be gone.

Quote:
Well, now I'm really going to have to get that GTX 1080 card to experience this in all it's glory!

I'm on a GTX 970 and it's still staying around 45 FPS actually! I bet once I get into JR it will start to truly slow down though...that level covers twice the area BE does, so it will probably be quite laggy. I imagine Beach HD to have around 20000 objects by the end, meaning JR will probably reach around 35000-40000. The good news is that since JR is one of the largest levels, the others will definitely take less time (except for IT, which will be heavily revamped and will need a number of new models).

_________________
Image
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD | My Release Thread | Level Reviews


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:56 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 11757
Location: Portland, OR
TheIdiot wrote:
I imagine Beach HD to have around 20000 objects by the end, meaning JR will probably reach around 35000-40000. The good news is that since JR is one of the largest levels, the others will definitely take less time (except for IT, which will be heavily revamped and will need a number of new models).

Just don't forget about RTJP! Haven't seen a lot of progress on that mod in a minute..

_________________
Image
Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:12 pm 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2874
Location: Canada, eh?
Draconisaurus wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:
I imagine Beach HD to have around 20000 objects by the end, meaning JR will probably reach around 35000-40000. The good news is that since JR is one of the largest levels, the others will definitely take less time (except for IT, which will be heavily revamped and will need a number of new models).

Just don't forget about RTJP! Haven't seen a lot of progress on that mod in a minute..

I know, I know... :P Haven't really touched Isla Nublar for a while now, though there is some stuff that I'd been working on prior to starting college. Time is currently limited and I'd like to get a release of Beach out before anything

_________________
Image
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD | My Release Thread | Level Reviews


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group