TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:35 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Hmm! No rush.......

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:10 pm 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

TheIdiot wrote:
JR DOES technically have an equivalent, but it's only very lightly worked on. I'll have to upload it at some point...the Mayan Face area is one of my favourite things I've ever made.

I just played through this level and i was so impressed that i came here hoping to find JR HD :mrgreen: Maybe someday

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:58 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Double_G wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:
JR DOES technically have an equivalent, but it's only very lightly worked on. I'll have to upload it at some point...the Mayan Face area is one of my favourite things I've ever made.

I just played through this level and i was so impressed that i came here hoping to find JR HD :mrgreen: Maybe someday

Glad to hear you liked it! :D
The problem is that the level area is quite massive for JR compared to BE (JR is the largest level, especially when you factor in the "hidden" areas), which means it could potentially crash. The version of JR HD that I had previously worked on would not be playable in the end due to too many overlapping objects. However with that knowledge in mind, you could probably create something comparable in detail.

I will upload the unfinished JR HD level since it's no longer being worked on...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:06 pm 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

TheIdiot wrote:
I will upload the unfinished JR HD level since it's no longer being worked on...

Oh goodie! I hope you put some previously unreleased assets in the level that I could use for DarkJungle hehe.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:11 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Added the download link to the first post! The level is very unfinished and only the Mayan Face area and Make-Out Hilltop are actually detailed at all, but I hope it provides a picture of what the level might have looked like if finished.
Quick download below:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7p5f5169 ... a.zip/file

TrespasserGuy wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:

Oh goodie! I hope you put some previously unreleased assets in the level that I could use for DarkJungle hehe.

I don't believe there's anything new in there as JR-HD uses MegaJungle assets.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:20 am 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

What i would do for Trespasser that looked like this... I like how you don't just scatter plants and trees in random places and instead you greatly improve on the original design by carefully placing assets in a way that makes sense and looks convincing. The face looks so much better now, if not a little menacing. Overlooking the jungle from above and serving as a warning for Anne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:55 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Quote:
What i would do for Trespasser that looked like this... I like how you don't just scatter plants and trees in random places and instead you greatly improve on the original design by carefully placing assets in a way that makes sense and looks convincing.

Thanks! I'm extremely picky about where objects are placed in order to create sightlines, framing and all that sort of stuff. In particular, the first screenshot you took captures exactly how I wanted the face to be revealed: framed between the rocks and vegetation, with that low palm hanging overhead, looking intimidatingly down on the player. Naturally this also means it takes really long to do much of anything, but I believe the payoff is worth it.

Quote:
The face looks so much better now, if not a little menacing. Overlooking the jungle from above and serving as a warning for Anne

I'm happy to know that my intended message came across with this area. I thought the face looked rather pathetic sitting down in the bottom of that gorge, especially after seeing that old picture of it up on a cliffside looking down on some battling dinosaurs, which is why I elevated it up overhead. It would have looked intimidating and strangely supernatural overlooking the flipped Jeep which would have been present on the ledge in front of the shallow gorge. I'd intended on putting a small hidden Mayan ruin up on the hillside behind the Mayan Face in the depths of the jungle, which is where the player spawns. There are a series of ledges that you would have been able to descend from this ruin down to the bottom of the Mayan Face gorge, which is where the skeleton of the Jeep's driver would have been found with his gun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:23 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Downloading it right now, but will look at it tomorrow, it's late already...

EDIT: I had hoped it could be completed with a bit more work...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:40 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

machf wrote:
EDIT: I had hoped it could be completed with a bit more work...

Well, it depends on how much you consider "a bit". :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:17 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

In this case, I'm afraid it's certainly going to require more than just a bit...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:45 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

machf wrote:
In this case, I'm afraid it's certainly going to require more than just a bit...

A few years worth of work, maybe. Sounds like a job for the creator of the fabled Pens level! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:42 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Am still getting to this! Might wait until my new laptop arrives in the mail. Totally top of the line, spared NO expence.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:18 pm 
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:
Am still getting to this! Might wait until my new laptop arrives in the mail. Totally top of the line, spared NO expence.

that might actually work against you... unless you put xp on it :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13