Trespasser Restored - A new Project

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Trespasser Restored - A new Project

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am fairly new here, so I wanted to make sure everyone was aware. I am working on recreating the existing levels, and recreating the lost levels of Trespasser, in order to create the Original idea thought of from the Walk-through in 1997.

It sounds more complicated than it should be. A few of the levels we have now need to be altered, perhaps with some new models in them, and the lost levels, some have been found others were stripped out, but I am trying to take the tedious task of collecting and recreating each of those levels, and have them all connected as they should have been in that famous walk-through.

I will accept any help given, I would like to ask that if anyone has any of the lost content, be it whole levels, or items, or information, sketches, please try to get them to me. I am working on getting my own website up and running for everyone interested in keeping up with progress of this project.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser Restored - A new Project

Post by s13n1 »

Some very cool happenings around here lately!
It seems whenever i have a break from my project and return here to see whats been happening, there's always something new or interesting. I love it.

Firstly, welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing what you have.

I can assure you that whatever exists of the lost levels i've already seen and tried to incorporate into my project. I've done a lot of research and investigation into the lost levels and the walk through and have tried to recreate them myself. Its hard work and not to discourage you, but unless you have solid geometry to start with, you're not going to get anywhere.

This new Plains level you have is your best bet. If you have actual new terrain there, work with that and release your results. But for the love of everything, back up everything.

If you dont have terrain for the other levels, then forget about it.

If the guys here haven't already done it, you wont.

I mean absolutely no offense here. I dont know what you're capable of, but to be honest, it doesn't matter.

The guys on this forum know shit you wouldn't believe. They know the location of objects in the maps you have without even looking at them, and if there was a chance the lost levels could have been recreated with the information we have, they would have already done it.

Pine Valley is the perfect example. It was the Lost Level we knew the most about, and even then a full recreation was never completed. It wasn't till the level was found within the 96 beta, that we got to see it.

It will be the same story with your new find. Unless you have an actual level to start with, with actual terrain, you wont be able to reconstruct anything.

Its great to contribute to the community and have a new project to announce and release, but for a community like this, the best thing you could do would be collaborate with the guys here to see what can be done with your data.

Its your baby, but they will help it grow.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

That is exactly why I posted what I was planning, and asked directly for any help, be it the skills of others or files someone might have and never use, or just support in the fact of the levels that will need testing when they are near complete.

I do wish I get these and more from the community, and those that want to bring fourth their own ideas, maybe we can follow the 1997 walk-through and do the best we can to get it as an actual walk-through.

I may have some screen shots in the next few days, if everything goes as expected.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Cool.

Just be sure to contact some of the staff here and share what you have, they will be able to tell you exactly what went where and if they have any stuff to add to it. Some of these guys are still in contact with the developers and can ask them questions related to whats in the files you have. Trying to pass all this info between each other will just make things harder.

Its your project, so don't worry, they're not going to release anything till you're all finished.

I think even within the last year or so, people were still finding new and interesting stuff in the retail version. Its a huge game with lots to discover, and with so many different builds over the years, there's surely going to be many more years of discoveries to come.

I dont think we will ever truly see all this game has to offer until one of us finally goes to Seamus Blackleys house and steals his old drives! ;-)
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I still have some files of stuff that are unknown. I have a directory of folders that has been corrupted, and I am rebuilding the directory a little at a time.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I got a copy of guiapp working and the files are now showing up, as soon as I get a chance I will post screenshots.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Sweet.

I dont know a lot about what you have thats different to the previous 96 Beta, but if you do have some new stuff, it will be great to see.

So the Plains level you have is new, or just a slightly different version of ones we've already seen?
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

Hey I'm making a trespasser remake too but in unity I got a forum thread in the gaming section
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am not trying to remake it, I am trying to restore it to the 1997 walk through, the way the game was supposed to be.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

check out what I found.. this is on a jr one I got.. not sure how I did it, but I can do it again.
Attachments
check this out.bmp
check this out.bmp (3.68 MiB) Viewed 18146 times
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That's what we call the "basement" of a level, where the master copies of the objects used in a level (and the unused ones too) are kept "off the path" (outside the playable area).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ok.. so thats the basement.. ok.. I didnt know that.. that means I may need to export a lot of objects.. cause I found all kinds of stuff in those so-called- empty placeholder files. When I do that again in one of those I will get s screenshot of the stuff I found.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Since I have yet to do 3d modeling, and one may already be floating around, I want to find out if anyone has made or can make a tent like the one on lost world. Like the large one they show in the hunters camp, that had the computers in it. It is one of the models I can foresee a need to get to be able to restore the plantation house level.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Please be sure to keep a copy of what you have completely untouched.

Not to sound uninterested in the work you're doing, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's only interest is the levels how they were when you got them.

It's more helpful for us with our own studies and projects to see them as they are.

As far as modelling goes. Your best bet might be to scan through the downloads and check some of the user levels. Not sure if there's many people around here free to model stuff, but you never know.

Don't forget to post some screens!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

s13n1 wrote:Please be sure to keep a copy of what you have completely untouched.
THATS' DEFINiTELY VERY IMPORTANT!
Not to sound uninterested in the work you're doing, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's only interest is the levels how they were when you got them.

It's more helpful for us with our own studies and projects to see them as they are.
Yep, seeing what the original developers had done and understanding what they were trying to do is definitely one of the main goals of many of us here.
Don't forget to post some screens!
Equally important!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files