TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: MinePass
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:26 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Never really touched Minecraft, but I have to say that the videos are quite impressive. I really like the recreation of the original concept town, which as far as I know has never been done before outside of the TLW board game. The Embryonics Administration compound is also cool to see in explorable capacity. I assume that flying building you showed over the lagoon is intended to be the underwater facility from the Telltale game?
Did you use an exact heightmap from the actual Trespasser levels here? I did notice that some things look a bit different (which isn't a bad thing, in fact I like a lot of the changes you made).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:53 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Lol, yeah the "flying saucer" is the underwater facility, just came out bigger than I anticipated, so didn't have time to re plan it's location. I did try but kept running into the same issue where the terrain exceeded Minecraft's build limit of 256 (64 being ground/water level). So I used a map overlay and free handed it. (Except pv to harbor, that was all hand built, something anyone that dug two blocks down would have found out :twisted: )

Although, I did use a height map to get My Watson and the switchbacks and tram line, still raw but it's there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:59 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

I took a quick look and man is it impressive!!

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 3:42 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Just a little update on what's new.

Been playing around at the EA complex, "flying saucer" still hovering over head but slowly getting a feel for what I want to do for the main lab section. As for the "model town" I've created a wall of trees in front of the perimeter fence and got the Tall grass and bone yard added, still needs finer detailing but looking good.
Attachment:
5-18-2021_9-26-31_PM-iftmjxjn_copy_1282x721.png
5-18-2021_9-26-31_PM-iftmjxjn_copy_1282x721.png [ 1.43 MiB | Viewed 641 times ]
And finally added the JP3 airfield. (Just added a minor puzzle to turn the lights on)
Attachment:
5-18-2021_9-26-14_PM-e0lyk3jg_copy_1144x643.png
5-18-2021_9-26-14_PM-e0lyk3jg_copy_1144x643.png [ 995.53 KiB | Viewed 641 times ]

Also on a final note, in regards to the new Minecraft update, now two part update, the first part will only effect new and old structures as it mainly is just new blocks. The second part, for the most part as it is, will only concern phase two, puzzles and audio cues.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:14 am 

I always thought the JP3 airfield was just a strip of landstrip. Was buildings noticeable in the movie? :D

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:23 am 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

tatu wrote:
I always thought the JP3 airfield was just a strip of landstrip. Was buildings noticeable in the movie? :D

There were actually

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:54 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Yeah, unfortunately due to limited reference material about those buildings I went with the design seen in the Lego game, the area to the left of the main building was my own design. Try to incorporate actual Tres assets into new builds, makes things feel more cohesive.

Attachments:
daljit-singh-runway-05_copy_640x314.jpg
daljit-singh-runway-05_copy_640x314.jpg [ 70.04 KiB | Viewed 628 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:47 pm 

Oh cool. I just never looked that closely I guess. Been some time since I last watched the movies. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:27 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

So for Jurassic June the plan is to redo the foliage for Be and update the download. Going to try my hand at building some custom trees, nothing to crazy or over detailed but something still better than the default tree selection. On the 8th the game will receive part one of the"caves and cliffs" update (mostly blocks and mobs). So depending how the foliage work goes I might be able to get even more work done on the EA complex, especially in a few areas that I've refrained from building just for this update.

Attachments:
6-2-2021_10-19-41_PM-ttub2etw_copy_500x282.png
6-2-2021_10-19-41_PM-ttub2etw_copy_500x282.png [ 182.31 KiB | Viewed 528 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:38 am 
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Update on progress. The JP3 river has been overhauled, now much more natural looking with a good sized lagoon for a marina, and fixed the height issues that plagued the upstream parts. The aviary canyon has also been altered to be much larger. Continuing from last post about custom foliage, I'm happy to announce that it's looking very very good, the dead trees for PV have also been greatly improved. Presently there's probably about ten different trees. Hammond's mansion, one of the first structures I built, demolished and rebuilt. Have even added the mansion from the concept art, interior is based on the model made by Rebel, plan for it to be a sort of museum/timeline of TresCom. And finally work in the before mentioned aviary is proceeding slowly but a lot has been done.

Attachments:
10-12-2021_10-19-05_PM-edt0piiq_copy_1280x720.png
10-12-2021_10-19-05_PM-edt0piiq_copy_1280x720.png [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 66 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9