Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: New level: Mount Tres

Post by morningstarring »

Shadefyre wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:
Shadefyre wrote:Is this level still available? The original DL link is dead. I thought I had grabbed it when it was up prior, but if so I don't remember what the .scn was named so I'm not sure if it's already in my folder.
It's Mount_Tres.scn. Looks like it was never made available on the level download page...I have the level archived, however. The download is here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8bnzg1iu ... d.zip/file

I'll take the link down if morningstarring re-uploads himself. :)
Ah, cheers TI. I don't have it then, I thought it might be one of the mystery .scn files I haven't been able to identify yet. Working through another batch of Tres level playthroughs, and I've been keeping eyes on the thread for your own project for a while with anticipation.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ccy246e2 ... v6.7z/file

this is another one of my levels. I think it's one of my better ones. too many guns but i dont feel like removing them right now. just played through the level and it still works.
Shadefyre
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Shadefyre »

morningstarring wrote: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ccy246e2 ... v6.7z/file

this is another one of my levels. I think it's one of my better ones. too many guns but i dont feel like removing them right now. just played through the level and it still works.
Is Newlev6 a separate map from Newlev8?
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Shadefyre wrote:
morningstarring wrote: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ccy246e2 ... v6.7z/file

Is Newlev6 a separate map from Newlev8?
yes
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I've been replaying it... good level. Need to finish it again.
Did it ever get a proper name?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

machf wrote:I've been replaying it... good level. Need to finish it again.
Did it ever get a proper name?
I never gave it a name. Maybe I'll tweak the level a little tonight. fill in some of the open areas with stuff to explore and remove a fair amount of guns in the level. and add a proper ending sequence. hopefully I can come up with a name after modding the level again.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hedfknn0 ... ro.7z/file

didn't add much. but I nerfed some guns and added an end trigger. Couldn't think of a good name really so I named the level "tortuguero" It's just the name of a place I stayed when I visited Costa Rica.
Shadefyre
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Shadefyre »

morningstarring wrote:https://www.mediafire.com/file/hedfknn0 ... ro.7z/file

didn't add much. but I nerfed some guns and added an end trigger. Couldn't think of a good name really so I named the level "tortuguero" It's just the name of a place I stayed when I visited Costa Rica.
I'm gonna have to put together a group of settings for maps that run poorly with higher cull values, because even after cranking it way down the framerate in this one tanks if I look left of spawn towards the mountain/valley. It's actually kept me from covering some of the maps I have stored up, as I want to show them in best way but can't find the right settings to get them there.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Shadefyre wrote: I'm gonna have to put together a group of settings for maps that run poorly with higher cull values, because even after cranking it way down the framerate in this one tanks if I look left of spawn towards the mountain/valley. It's actually kept me from covering some of the maps I have stored up, as I want to show them in best way but can't find the right settings to get them there.
The reason this one can get laggy is that it's actually a modified version of another level in which all of the objects in the original level are still present, which means that they're getting rendered despite not being in the play area. You need to be careful with the culling values in general as many levels were not designed with increased values in mind. Can't remember what Tres' default cull value is, I believe it's 17 - might want to try that.
It's worth noting in case you're unaware that reducing the minimum cull value in CE's .ini won't cause every single object to become a billboard at short distances as the actual objects within the level also have CacheDist values assigned which should cause the larger/more obvious objects to stay 3D at reasonable distances.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm I thought this level was already called "Mt Tres"?