Trespasser: Legacy (Part I RELEASED! pg 8)

Nem's mega-level trilogy.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Dang it!, I got compitition. It looks great. I can no longer say I am the only level with dense_dense_dense jungle. Good job. Great scenery and use of objects. I love the way the jungle looks. The underbrush looks great too.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Looking very excellent Nem! 8)

Can't wait to play. :yes:
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

looks awesome...love the dense jungle :)
triangles
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by triangles »

chronzerg wrote:Dang it!, I got compitition. It looks great. I can no longer say I am the only level with dense_dense_dense jungle. Good job. Great scenery and use of objects. I love the way the jungle looks. The underbrush looks great too.
can you post a link to your mod pleas
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

triangles wrote:
chronzerg wrote:Dang it!, I got compitition. It looks great. I can no longer say I am the only level with dense_dense_dense jungle. Good job. Great scenery and use of objects. I love the way the jungle looks. The underbrush looks great too.
can you post a link to your mod pleas
It's in his signature.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Nem wrote:New teaser with some footage of the landscape. Hope you all enjoy.

View it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvtk1BZMu3c
That trailer was not as good as the first one, this one only has scenery and, something like, 2 raptors. I know it was only for scenery, but you could have shown more action as well. Anyways, the level look great! :o
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol um dude it's not supposed to have any action, if everything had action, we'd all be in big trouble...
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Looks fantastic folks! I stumbled across the video on YouTube by coincidence a while ago and I was really impressed.

My fav pic: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/ ... -42-45.jpg

Really well done. :)
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Hi, people! This is my first post here, I like this forum very much and I would like to make a suggestion for this level:

Could you make that the woman rides a motorbike and make a part where the raptors start chasing you and you have to shoot them while you ride? If you can, it would be great to make that part in third-person, like in "The Lost World Arcade", to make if more confortable...

What do you think???
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hah! Quite daring, for a newbie...

No driveable vehicles yet, and you can try ATX for its "THIRDP" cheat... but it doesn't look good, being that Anne's model is just a one-armed torso.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Firstly Welcome to trescom! :) hmm...er...well I know that it is possible to play the game in third person, I also remember something about being done to make vehicles drivable, but I don't think that's possible yet unfortunately,...I'll let someone more updated with information reguarding these issues answer your question :wink:
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

machf wrote:Hah! Quite daring, for a newbie...

No driveable vehicles yet, and you can try ATX for its "THIRDP" cheat... but it doesn't look good, being that Anne's model is just a one-armed torso.
damn machf you flash man, you beat me to the post [:P]
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Remdul wrote:My fav pic: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/ ... -42-45.jpg

Really well done. :)
Wow! :o You're right, that pic is realy great! Love the truck on the edge!
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Well hey, you could pre-animate the pickup driving downhill (first solve a puzzle to unstuck the car) and let Anne hop on the back, whilst being chased by raptors. You'd be able to shoot guns or enjoy the ride.

You could even make it semi-random by animating a number of different paths.

You could even attempt to make it steerable by putting two triggers on each side of the steering wheel, and when Anne's hand passes through a trigger carefully placed in the path of the hand, you can trigger one of two new paths (left or right).

I think it is not to hard to script, but relies heavily on animation.

Shape the terrain. Set up the static scene (trees, bridges, guardrails etc). Place car at top. Export terrain and car to 3dsmax. Animate the car 'driving' downhill. Add some trigger objects along the path or prop objects which the truck may hit. Export animation. Export instances/triggers. Write scripts.

Essentially it is no different than the balloon in the 1st Ops level, except that it uses keyframe animations.

I'm not sure what the effect of keyframe anims on collision objects is (do they only update visible geometry), and if they collide properly with Anne. But I think you can even animate Anne to move along a path (i.e. locked within the truck) to work around that.

*Just thinking out loud*
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

A question about what you just said Remdul. I heard that when an animation is run for an object, all physics are done away with. So won't anne not be able to touch the Truck once the animation begins. She would just kind of fall right through it as soon as it starts moving. Or an I missing something?