Trespasser Gets Replayed At Game Informer!

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Trespasser Gets Replayed At Game Informer!

Post by scallenger »

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser Gets Replayed At Game Informer!

Post by hppav »

OK, that was hilarious. :lol:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

HIlarious how people say Trespasser is the worst game they ever played if today there are many >A games sucking much more. At last in Trespasser you can shot yourself in the foot... literally :D
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
RantosaurusRex
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by RantosaurusRex »

This was pretty funny, but some things made me facepalm.

"The most dangerous dinosaurs are on the outside of the island."

I mean come on!
Trespasser's secrets must be revealed!

Lurk! Lurk! All day long! Lurk! Lurk!
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

I wish someone else would give a good video about it, like ReasearchIndicates did. Yeah it is a bad game, but I just hate when they so and complain about things that are partially their fault. They need to understand the game and play it fully before they give a review like that.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu

Post by tatu »

awesome24712 wrote:Yeah it is a bad game, but I just hate when they so and complain about things that are partially their fault. They need to understand the game and play it fully before they give a review like that.
I don't think Trespasser is a bad game, but rather that people takes games and gaming to serious. Trespasser should rather be placed in some kind of action/comedy genre due to the bugs and glitches. I strongly actually believe the if the game was lacking those, we would love it this much as we do.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

by hanskleinenberg Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 08:17 AM
O yes! Ive been waiting for this. Had a blast with it back in the day, and finished it twice. However it's a crappy game no doubt, but the Jurassic Park license made it worth my time for me. I absolutely loved getting to know the island with all the small story segments by Richard Attenborough.

Edit: Now that I've watched it I can say two things with certainty: 1: "An awesome disaster" is the best way to describe Trespasser. 2: you guys need to do a super replay and get the xbox guy that worked on this (you mentioned him during the credits) as a guest and he can explain what went wrong. I'll get the popcorn.
The chances of Seamus Blackley agreeing to that are the same as finding a white cat in a frigging snowstorm, the guy is so ashamed of Trespasser it's just shameful thinking about him not thinking about it.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

I always find puzzling how people complain of the controls when you can adjust them yourself for your own convenience! That's the first thing I did when I started playing Trespasser, specially after how much I heard about the controls being impossible! :lol:

Apart from that, the playthrough was quite funny, and I like hearing how they were quite amazed by some of the stuff of it, like seeing the Brachio for the first time or all the mystique the game creates with the narration... Ah, good times.
But I got annoyed at how much it took them to get through the first level. I would have loved seeing them in the Jungle Road or The Town. That's one heck of a level.

Hope they keep going.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Microceratops wrote:I always find puzzling how people complain of the controls when you can adjust them yourself for your own convenience! That's the first thing I did when I started playing Trespasser, specially after how much I heard about the controls being impossible! :lol:
But I got annoyed at how much it took them to get through the first level.
I was thinking "lousy players"...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

Indeed. The first level is a tutorial level. Getting riled up in complaining about lack of flow is like saying the Hazard Course in Half-Life is crap. :no:
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I still think the controls in Trespasser trump many AAA titles today. Atleast Anne handles like a real human being (to an extent) and doesn't sprint at 36km down a dirt road to dodge dinos like some titles *cough*CODHALOETC*cough*

Besides, nothing beats taking a D-Eagle and holding it gangsta style to blow a dinos brains out before checking your boob for your health status :P

Hell you can fight off raptors as if they're performing home invasion with your baseball bat, swing that shit baby!
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

If I was recording a playthrough I'd try to find out how the creators meant it to be played first, but maybe that's just me.
The issue with players complaining about the controls was most likely not the the default button assignment is bad, but that a data glove would have been a better input device. They went for realistic interaction, but arguably using SHIFT and CTRL while holding down a button and moving the mouse isn't a natural way of moving your wrist. :) Also 3D glasses would give you a better depth perception, improving your aim in a game like Trespasser, where you aren't necessarily aiming at the center of the screen.
Now don't get me wrong, I like how inertia effects the player when you jump down from somewhere instead of the "stiff box" feeling in other games, or how you don't pick up items for your unlimited inventory by walking into them. In the beta version at the harbor there is a scene where you have to turn your hand to reach through between two fences to activate a key pad. Although potentially frustrating if you dropped the key card on the other side, no one could copy this kind of interaction today.

Lack of flow in levels is hardly an indication of bad quality. Some of the most thrilling shooter games like DeusEx or Hitman had especially non-linear maps allowing you to find supporters, powerful items and alternative routes.
████████████▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕   12.3%
template<class X> class CMicrosoftsCompilerIsBuggyAndWeHateIt (WorldDBase.cpp, #45)
BUGBUG: This shit needs to be replaced once we have a file abstraction layer (supportfn.cpp, #368)
tatu

Post by tatu »

RexHunter99 wrote:Besides, nothing beats taking a D-Eagle and holding it gangsta style to blow a dinos brains out before checking your boob for your health status :P
Haha! I like Trespasser's hud. By Anne saying the ammo count and have the health thing on her boob is much better than FPS games and such, those on the hud mess with the concentrations from the game itself when you play it sometimes.
Last edited by tatu on Tue May 07, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

mleise wrote:The issue with players complaining about the controls was most likely not the the default button assignment is bad, but that a data glove would have been a better input device. They went for realistic interaction, but arguably using SHIFT and CTRL while holding down a button and moving the mouse isn't a natural way of moving your wrist. :) Also 3D glasses would give you a better depth perception, improving your aim in a game like Trespasser, where you aren't necessarily aiming at the center of the screen.
Somehow this idea intregues me to give it a try at some later time :mrgreen:
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Well, at least it being shown again on Game Informer might mean more TresCom members :)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]