Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

ketfri8002
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Can Trespasser run on NT4

Post by ketfri8002 »

I am building a New old Gaming PC, all parts must not be from over year 1998. (because trespasser released in this year) The computer will run P2 400 dual slot CPU, and a Quantum OBSIDIAN2 SBi 24 MB PCI Graphic Card. (run on Direct 3 or 5 i don't know abaut a Direct 5 crack will run). 256 mb DIMM.(64 x 4). 66-75 mhz bus.
And i dont know abaut this setup will work on WIN nt 4. Please help :D (sorry my bad english)
Why GTX 690? Wehn i have my 3DFX cards.
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: Can Trespasser run on NT4

Post by Dragonlord »

Should work but you can compare with here if your components are listed in one of the setups.
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

It's actually not advisable to run it on an 'old-games box'. PCs of the time could barely handle it. It sounds like a bad plan.
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

If you want to run it on an "old PC" you might want to try VirtualBox with reduced settings or Bochs. Bochs is for sure going to be slower matching more the old system. But as mentioned above I don't see why you want to do it this way.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

The only reason would be compatibility, and back then compatibility was shit. Also, Trespasser requinres DX6 minimum to run, DX5 isn't going to get you anywhere.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
ketfri8002
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by ketfri8002 »

jetblack # I know Trespasser not was good in performance, even the Voodoo2 sli had a low framrate. Maybe know it is a stupid projekt. but i not "Only"use a voodoo2 sli (2 in sli). I will use the most powerful quantum3d Obsidian2 SBI :D
http://tdfx.de/pic/mercury_05.JPG :mrgreen:
1# worst game ever made
http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-worst-lic ... -games.php
ketfri8002
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by ketfri8002 »

RexHunter99 # Okay :D But i think i will try it. becuse it is my only choice, if i will work on a dual slot CPU. And this text on a home page tell:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/ ... Trespasser
# The second thing that held this game down was the tech available in '98. Trespasser was an incredibly power-hungry title, and since it worked with the coding available for DirectX 5 and 6, it was very poorly optimized, and sucked all but the most powerful computers to the floor. To try and make up for this, the developers tried to cut down the graphics by cutting as many corners as possible. The world geometry appears flat until it is in close range, 3D objects such as trees, dinosaurs, and buildings are rendered as 2D images until they are in close range, and the maximum screen resolution was cut down to 800 X 600. While it did help to cut down the drain on the players machine, it made the game world look extremely ugly, and caused several issues ranging from simple clipping to having the player fall through the ground when the world geometry very visibly smoothed out at close range.
if people at the time would had a pc with this graphic card it would coast 25,000.00 USD :o , and was the most powerful in 1998. (i have not bought it yet) I will never say never, all those bad things about this great game. (i know these things is true). But i will have a real "trespasserrunner" PC even if I have to build the most powerful PCs from year 1998. :D Trespasser is the greatest game ever made. :D
ketfri8002
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by ketfri8002 »

Dragonlord # Many thanks :D Linux cab handle Dual slot CPU. (Linux can run virtualbox) but do you know the best Linux before year 1999? :) I think i will use this. :mrgreen:
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Woah man, edit your previous post instead of making a new one, unless it's been 24 hours since you previous post.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

The better method is to click edit -> copy the text of the original post -> delete that post -> create a new post -> Paste the text of the original post and type in the new information.

This will make the thread appear to have a new post, in case anyone read your original post already, without a double post. Just some etiquette ;)
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

@ketfri8002:
Trespasser the worse game ever? I seriously object there. There are even recent AAA titles snagging that title easily ;)

Concerning Linux before 1999: No something like this doesn't exist. Linux is not like WinDumb. It's not a static system that never evolves except rewriting from scratch with every version. If you want to put it that way I'm using the same Linux (GenToo) since the very first day it started out as a distribution since it is continously updated. So looking for a Linux pre-1999 is kinda stupid as Linux distros don't know a you-are-from date. It's like if you could be still using Windows 3.1 but it updated all the way to cutting edge hardware/software with all the whistels and bells. So forget looking for an old Linux. Something like this doesn't exist. Get a Kubuntu and whack VirtualBox on it and get going. Or use Wine.
ketfri8002
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by ketfri8002 »

@Dragonlord:
Okay :D But i think i must use NT 4 because there is no Linux drivers to the graphic card's. and im not good to programming new drivers. so i may use NT.sorry :|
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I played ET on the Atari when I was a kid.... That game was a million more times horrible than Trespasser could ever hope to be. I was able to have Trespasser run rather well on a computer that came out a few months after the release (my old HP). Back then tech didn't change nearly as fast as it does now but I think my computer was just at the recommended system specs. 64 MB of RAM, 5 GB hard drive, an ATI Radeon graphics card, I forget which one...
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hey, I still have my ET cartridge for the Atari 2600VCS... it's a lame game, but going so far as saying it's the worst game ever... I guess whoever said that didn't get to play too many games.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Dragonlord wrote:@ketfri8002:
Trespasser the worse game ever? I seriously object there. There are even recent AAA titles snagging that title easily ;)

Concerning Linux before 1999: No something like this doesn't exist. Linux is not like WinDumb. It's not a static system that never evolves except rewriting from scratch with every version. If you want to put it that way I'm using the same Linux (GenToo) since the very first day it started out as a distribution since it is continously updated. So looking for a Linux pre-1999 is kinda stupid as Linux distros don't know a you-are-from date. It's like if you could be still using Windows 3.1 but it updated all the way to cutting edge hardware/software with all the whistels and bells. So forget looking for an old Linux. Something like this doesn't exist. Get a Kubuntu and whack VirtualBox on it and get going. Or use Wine.
I know that SpiralGame Studios Orion: Dino Beatdown is far worse than Trespasser, most of us couldn't even get past the connect to server screen until they released hotfix 1.1 and even then the game crashes and is a huge memory/processor whore which annoys me because the world models and textures are bland :C
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!