Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Lets Play Trespasser
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Trespasser help

Post by Lets Play Trespasser »

Hey TresCom users I joined today (the day I ordered Trespasser (again)) so yeah I've been looking at TresCom for a while now (not actually posting lol) but on to business. My computer, years ago ran Trespasser with no lag. My current computer which I am due to play my new copy of Trespasser ran the Trespasser demo with no lag also. Will this mean the full game will run with no lag?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Trespasser help

Post by machf »

In theory, it should behave the same if you configure the options to be the same, although in the end it depends on the levels themselves (if a level uses too many objects close together, or objects with a high polygon count, it will have an effect on the framerate). Have you tried ATX yet? It allows, among other things, to play the game at higher resolutions (originally, you can't set the resolution past 800x600) and to set the "draw distance" further away (the default is 15m, that's why you see trees and other objects "popping" from 2-D to 3-D so suddenly). All that enhances the graphics, but of course it may increase lag...

Oh, and welcome to the asylum...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

machf wrote:Oh, and welcome to the asylum...
:lol: Indeed, welcome.

Trespasser should be more stable on modern computers (surprisingly), provided you have ATX and set in Windows 98 compatibility mode, usually does the trick.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
Lets Play Trespasser
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Okay I'll install ATX before it comes.And I ran the demo on maximum settings no lag so I think my computer could handle ATX.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The demo has the same limitations as the retail, so you should try ATX on the demo too and see how it fares. I've tried it on a Ci7 and it was pretty good at Full HD resolution (1920x1080) and the draw distance set at 512m...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Lets Play Trespasser
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Thanks for the advice things are working well. I recently installed the Jurassic Park and JP /// skin packs. Any idea how i get these working? When i try to open them it comes up with my list of downloads... and if i do get past this how do replace the current skins? I also want to know about playing fan made levels and putting new models in-game. Do i need to download editing tools from the downloads section on TresCom?
Last edited by Lets Play Trespasser on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You can't just replace anything with that, you need to import the dinosaurs into a new level in order to use them...
Lets Play Trespasser
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

But how do i do this. NOTE i have not downloaded any editing tools.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Well then download them!

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
Lets Play Trespasser
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

:oops: *FACEPALM*
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

There are several tutorials on the forum, perform a search...
Lets Play Trespasser
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Hi again. Well I've downloaded the editing tools BUT I can't open any of the files. It just goes onto my list of downloads then it says can not open file. However TresEd is working fine but skinning dinosaurs is harder because of the above problem. NOTE: I have used a skinning tutorial on the forum.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Lets Play Trespasser wrote:Hi again. Well I've downloaded the editing tools BUT I can't open any of the files. It just goes onto my list of downloads then it says can not open file. However TresEd is working fine but skinning dinosaurs is harder because of the above problem. NOTE: I have used a skinning tutorial on the forum.
Most if not all of the files you're going to download are either EXEs (programs/setups) or archives (Files that are compressed to a smaller size and contain one or more files). EXEs should be run, like any other program, and archives (.zip, .rar, .7z), need to be extracted using a program of your choice (the best is 7-Zip, it's free. Right click on archive, 7-Zip>Extract Here).

I would save skinning for later, try and do some other things before that.

And I personally never use TPDC or any 3D modeling programs. If I want custom textures I just edit the ones on existing objects before I import them.

Post benchamrks:
Lets Play Trespasser
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Ok thanks for the advice. I installed 7-zip and everything is working perfectly. WELL everything BUT the level I really wanted to play... East Dock. I Have NO idea at all how to play it! Can someone please post a walkthrough straight from the first download?
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Here's the official walkthrough:

viewtopic.php?f=110&t=5837

The replies contain some problems/troubleshooting people did so if you have problems, you can read over them.

Have fun! :)
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos