Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Re: Remaking Trespasser

Post by vagrantart »

Had a listen to the audio and the one with Jeff Goldblum while I was modelling.The trespasser one is really good quality and quite a lot more than what was in the game,would be a shame if I cant find a way to include it in my game.Today I did a bit of playing around in Unity and made myself a game menu with some audio and a live background,its rough but will need to design a logo and and title for final version.Also finished work on the hotel exterior and placed it in with some temporary trees and grass,the hotel is only accessible via the cable car which means I now have to figure out how that's scripted and animated.I didn't plan on that but I think its something good for me to learn and a good feature,it also means I will be adding some kind of power source beside the first cablecar platform.Not sure what yet,maybe wind or solar or simply a large generator.
Attachments
The cables cars now cross the whole valley,may need to pick a shorter dino for this area
The cables cars now cross the whole valley,may need to pick a shorter dino for this area
jurassic park site b .jpg (198.41 KiB) Viewed 12133 times
jurassic park concept art.jpg
jurassic park concept art.jpg (162.58 KiB) Viewed 12133 times
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Are you building all these models from scratch? :o
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I could take a crack at designing a logo if you wanted to throw some ideas at me
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Slugger wrote:Are you building all these models from scratch? :o
Yeah,I use Maya for the modelling and hopefully can use this project as part of my portfolio if it looks good enough. I'm a total insomniac and fast modeller that's how I get it done so fast lol.My texturing does need a bit of work though.
For the menu logo im not sure yet what I should do..the classic Jurassic park logo or the trespasser style.I got a JP style font for the buttons and had a look at the Trespasser menu and cover art,I think maybe it should just be the JP logo with a different dinosaurs in the main circle.Will try and post a shot with my next update of the rough menu.
I was listening to the 3 movie soundtracks a little last night and think I will use a mix of all 3 of them in the game,the trespasser music is ok but I want it to have that real Jurassic park feeling.As soon as I added some test sound to the game It really helped bring it to life.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

That's unbelievably fantastic!
vagrantart wrote:My texturing does need a bit of work though.
If you say, so.... :)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by scallenger »

That is cool you want to put other music in your game from the films themselves. If you want help with that too, I'm a huge soundtrack buff. I even have downloaded the rare Jurassic Park 3 promotional album that features a LOT more music than the CD did from the film! Let me know via PM if you are interested. Also, is your experience of the music of Trespasser limited to just playing the game? You should see my other site to download the complete soundtrack I compiled using a promo that Bill Brown himself gave me! It features a LOT of music you don't even hear playing in the game itself (although a lot was stored in the files).

http://jplegacy.org/scallenger/TresSound-Complete.zip
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Big soundtrack buff also (alien 3 expanded ost while working gets stuff done lol!),downloaded the full trespasser soundtrack and giving it a listen now.One thing I decided not to include was Anne's voice,I did think might be funny if you hear her somewhere off in the distance once but details like that are a long way away.
Hasn't been a lot of progress the last day or 2,needed a break (been a rough week!) but I managed a hour or 2 today.Finally got to work on the tail of the beach plane and decided to model the whole thing to be reused as the smugglers plane later.Its a lot bigger than the original type and still work in progress,modelling vehicles low poly isn't my fave thing to do.
EDIT:Progress has slowed a little as I have a job on for the next few days but roughed out the small version site b visitor centre,this will have stuff like boards of info for investors and info/images.May also add some of the Hammond diary here as part of the exhibit.
Attachments
Jurassic park site b visitors centre.jpg
Jurassic park site b visitors centre.jpg (117.23 KiB) Viewed 12050 times
The shed,based on trespasser concept render but missing a window i think
The shed,based on trespasser concept render but missing a window i think
cabin hideout .jpg (94.76 KiB) Viewed 12082 times
Still has to be destroyed and textured
Still has to be destroyed and textured
plane model jurassic park.jpg (85.21 KiB) Viewed 12082 times
Last edited by vagrantart on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

:o
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Bloody fantastic! I love your references to the artwork of Trespasser that never got realized in the game itself! To actually perhaps be able to experience for real in a game form? That's a dream come true! Sign me up!

I also love your idea of not having Anne in the game itself, but hearing her randomly in the distance (perhaps a couple of times, maybe as an easter egg). Almost as if she is somewhere else on the island the same time as you are, hearing her talk to her herself or shout some funny remark. (IIIII AAAAMMMM SSSSPPPAAARRRTTTAAACCCCUUUSSS!) I hope you really do this when the time comes! :) A perfect way to reference her.

And Alien 3's score kicks ass. Glad you obtained a rip of the Blu Ray's isolated score (right?), since it seems like it will take possibly forever for a proper release of it on CD. The Blu Ray set for the Alien series is amazing, by the way, for those who have never seen it. Loaded with special features, including 2 isolated scores for the first two films and one for each other remaining two! You know, Aliens also features some additional music not found on the wonderful Varese CD, including some great percussion material for the marines. Oh, how does this all tie into Trespasser? Easy. Trespasser - Jurassic Park - Stan Winston - Aliens - Alien 3 - Blu Ray - Score. Done. ;)
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Work has pretty much killed my progress for the moment but very much got all the ideas stuck in my head and wanting to go,here's some additional shots from work so far..hopefully can get back to it and finish the visitor centre and need to get a car done still.
Attachments
hotel interior room
hotel interior room
model hotel interior.jpg (209.16 KiB) Viewed 12043 times
jurassic hotel model .jpg
jurassic hotel model .jpg (296.3 KiB) Viewed 12043 times
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Excellent works as always!

I wish we could do this stuff in Trespasser. (well, I hate to bring it up, but we do have the source code...)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Been a long week but finally got an hour to get back to this,started texturing a proper version of the site B overlook/visitor centre.Still need to add glass and columns around windows and doors (similar style to the site A centre)
Attachments
trespasser visitor centre A.jpg
trespasser visitor centre A.jpg (276.36 KiB) Viewed 12007 times
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Finally a proper update,site B visitor centre pretty much done just some smalls details to fix and maybe change some textures.Roughly placed in some rocks and palms to see how the space will look eventually.This area looks quite undamaged,I guess since there's power and these buildings would probably be the newest I can get away with that.Will be filling the inside of the buildings very soon so lots of ideas for references to the movie's and the game (the visitor centre is aimed at investors mainly)
Attachments
ScreenHunter_05 Mar. 26 17.47.jpg
ScreenHunter_05 Mar. 26 17.47.jpg (257.17 KiB) Viewed 11973 times
Jurassic park Trespasser visitor centre.jpg
Jurassic park Trespasser visitor centre.jpg (240.54 KiB) Viewed 11973 times
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

This is all looking soo great! Can't wait to see even more! Will you be putting a lot more vegetation around everything when it's closer to completion?
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

scallenger wrote:This is all looking soo great! Can't wait to see even more! Will you be putting a lot more vegetation around everything when it's closer to completion?
Yeah adding vegetation everywhere,lots of trees and need to find some good ground textures also.I found one or 2 nice plants but need to take some time and find better trees and maybe some vines/ivy to cover stuff,will be adding all of this once everything in this section of the map had been modelled (which isn't too far off) and then optimizing the level.At that point I will probably release it as a demo since I know plants add tons to the polygon count and anyone who tests it out can tell me if its working without lag.If it is lagging I might have to consider breaking it up into levels rather than totally open world,the first level/break would be at the wall/fence I've already added.I guess that would be the best place to change the lighting and sky also,I did look at a realtime unity sky but wasn't too impressed think I preferred just skybox's.

Added cablecar in today finally,just needs control box inside and some logo/sign or something
Attachments
jp trespasser.jpg
jp trespasser.jpg (295.96 KiB) Viewed 11943 times