Antispam: No

Re: Remaking Trespasser

Post by tatu »

This goes to the JP stuff we made for Trespasser too then :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Well, you see, TresCom has always had the advantage of being under the radar. The fact that Trespasser was never that popular and that the game will be 16 in October - compounded with the fact that we require a legal copy of Trespasser for people to use the mods - probably helps a great deal. Trespasser's trademarks expired years ago due to abandonment, so the only way we'd get in trouble with EA is by sharing direct assets of the game (Source code, 3D models, sound files, textures, etc) to people who don't have legal copies of Trespasser. Jurassic Time is the highest profile thing we have that uses actual game assets but EA doesn't seem to care.

Universal, on the other hand, does care but at the same time seems to just prefer letting the fandom be the fandom and let them do what they want. They want the fans to express their love of the franchise. I really like that about them. I'm pretty sure there are limits but the only one I have ever seen hit that limit was that ChrisDoucette game, since he wanted to actually develop it for profit and that definitely required a license which Universal wasn't really wanting to give him since they likely already had deals in place with Telltale for that game.

I guess we'll worry about that only if they make us worry about it.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Just another quick tour type thing using cryengine car,hopefully should be getting back into the project proper soon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0GIjFyJdvI[/youtube]
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Excellent. From these videos of yours one can clearly see how much "heart" you put into it. Well done.:)
JPController
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by JPController »

vagrantart wrote:Just another quick tour type thing using cryengine car,hopefully should be getting back into the project proper soon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0GIjFyJdvI[/youtube]

This is what game developers should have been doing.... I've been saying it for years. CryEngine 2/3/CryEngine holds the perfect formula for Isla Nublar and Sorna. I think I'm going to keep an eye on you, keep up the great work. Btw, I believe I am already watching your moddb page.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey Grant, after several hours I've finally read your entire thread here. Some amazing work!!! :| I am a bit saddened that you junked the actual Remaking Trespasser part (might want to rename the thread - first post to edit), would have been fun, but of course Isla Nublar is full of fun and potential as well. I find it slightly ironic that Sam's efforts to recreate the island have not yet generated this kind of result. :yum: Maybe if he didn't have to work at Wally-world things would be different.

PS: I think you might want a new avatar, too ;)
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

I looked at releasing what I had of the trespasser remake a few times but the files so wrecked,without sound and the player camera feels laggy. One of the trouble's is that quality wise I made a jump (you can see it in the posts) so I look back on that work and it's rough. I'm kind of getting to that point on the cryengine version too which is why I want to get it out even if it's incomplete.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Understood... Wait, does this mean you're attempting to release your Nublar content soon? Better have some good dino action in there.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Yes attempting release,I didn't work on it for a long time and then took a step back and decided it was time to get it out,that's the goal I've been working to recently.
It wont be complete but it will be out there at least and then depending how I feel I can decide what to do after that.There are a few things going in and already in that I've kept under wraps also and I have a couple of things coming up that I will share also (will be posting some stuff here hopefully about that soon).
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

So I had a think and to hell with it,for better or worse the unfinished,buggy version of my game.I didn't want to be one of those projects that talk and never releases which is why I decided to put it out. http://www.indiedb.com/games/jurassic-p ... otype-demo
Let me know if it's semi functional or if the link goes down.
Last edited by vagrantart on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Remaking Trespasser (Released) / Jp:Aftermath

Post by TheKritter71 »

Thanks for what you could give us on the unity game
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

You, sir, are a true gentleman. It's nothing short of beautiful. Captured the feel of Sorna quite well.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Thanks,I'm glad I put it out for better or worse.Getting back to the cryengine Jp soon as I can so will have a 2nd release to come.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Been working on this for a day or 2,it's been a struggle getting back into it to be honest but I made some progress last night.It's not totally accurate (still a work in progress too) starting to get it slowly working though.These are just render's from Maya not Cryengine yet,still have some big generators and all the cabinets to add and the power panel itself.

And some more now I got the model into cryengine,building the machines,electric box separately and will add them in then detail it all (and sort the shadow issues).

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looking good! :|