Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Re: Remaking Trespasser

Post by vagrantart »

spent some time modelling rocks,texturing the plane tail roughly (will add smoke particles for final) and sorting some other small props.Still avoiding building one or two bigger models that are needed,hope I have the brain power toc get it done soon.starting to flesh out the areas a bit more as the rocks go in it will looks more defined.

ARG! I spelt trespasser wrong! lol
Attachments
found some nice free palm trees,just need a bit of work an they should be usable
found some nice free palm trees,just need a bit of work an they should be usable
jurassic park game remake.jpg (284.14 KiB) Viewed 11861 times
trespasser remake the beach.jpg
trespasser remake the beach.jpg (317.66 KiB) Viewed 11861 times
3insanity
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by 3insanity »

This looks fabulous! I cant wait! I have been waiting to long for someone to make something like this! :mrgreen:
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

I love the plane in the water!
And the site b visitor center is a great idea. it opens up alot more ideas we can have.
scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by scallenger »

I don't think there is anything this guy can't do. (except spell "Trespasser" correctly. D'oh hohoho! ;) )

How's THAT for raising expectations?! ;)
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Update on progress.
I've been really ill for a while now but making small progress whenever I can,hunted down some nice ground textures and rock textures (still need some good distant mountain ones) and tried various skybox's out.Modelling- finally got the digger almost finished and the construction site light thing,also added some cabins.Was planning on building a broken down Jeep or something but I think I might leave it out this level..because I'm being lazy..will have to get to it eventually I suppose but want to do a good job of it when I have more energy lol.
Attachments
The barrels are a bit tall and digger needs extra work.
The barrels are a bit tall and digger needs extra work.
Jurassic park game mod remake trespasser.jpg (181.42 KiB) Viewed 11797 times
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Wow...
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Lookin' good! :)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

"So, is the Trespasser we know out of the job?"

"Yeah, don't you mean extinct?"
Smissen
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Smissen »

So if I understand correctly,this is a remake of Trepasser,but then with better textures,
new dinosaurs etc etc etc? But the story line and maps stay the same or are you going to
add new maps to the story line to extend the game?

Very good job btw the way. Much better then 16 years ago. I miss
the ninetees :oops:
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Smissen wrote:So if I understand correctly,this is a remake of Trepasser,but then with better textures,
new dinosaurs etc etc etc? But the story line and maps stay the same or are you going to
Currently its only an environment based loosely on the original game,so far it follows a similar level flow as the Trespasser but my aim is to make it more open.The terrain itself isn't a duplicate of the original,a lot of stuff is going to be figured out in the next few weeks when I finish this section of the map and really see what I have and if it works.There isn't really any gameplay as such yet other than exploring,I'm still keeping an eye on a dinosaur set that's being built and could maybe used in this project.

Listening to the Jurassic park audio book as I work for a bit of environment inspiration (unabridged version is apparently the best?)
I'm taking a bit of a break next week but the current plan is to get things done within a few weeks-a month max ( a trailer of some sort and then the demo).I've been doing about an hour or 2 a day so I guess I've maybe done just under 30hours work on this so far which isn't too bad for the amount of progress
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

You are listening to the unabridged version, right? If not, send me a PM. :) It is FAR better in every way than the 3 hour abridged version.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

scallenger wrote:You are listening to the unabridged version, right?
Yeah its the unabridged,I checked on the legacy forums which was better version (think it might have been your post actually I read lol).I got the lost world world unabridged as well to listen to after that,I don't remember the first book very well and don't think I read the second ever.Was hunting through all my old Jurassic park stuff today for concept stuff,found some souvenir magazines and a ton of the trading cards (along with bill and ted's excellent adventure cards I didn't know even existed!)
Smissen
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Smissen »

vagrantart wrote:
Smissen wrote:So if I understand correctly,this is a remake of Trepasser,but then with better textures,
Currently its only an environment based loosely on the original game,so far it follows a similar level flow as the Trespasser but my aim is to make it more open.The terrain itself isn't a duplicate of the original,a lot of stuff is going to be figured out in the next few weeks when I finish this section of the map and really see what I have and if it works.There isn't really any gameplay as such yet other than exploring,I'm still keeping an eye on a dinosaur set that's being built and could maybe used in this project.

Listening to the Jurassic park audio book as I work for a bit of environment inspiration (unabridged version is apparently the best?)
I'm taking a bit of a break next week but the current plan is to get things done within a few weeks-a month max ( a trailer of some sort and then the demo).I've been doing about an hour or 2 a day so I guess I've maybe done just under 30hours work on this so far which isn't too bad for the amount of progress

Sounds awesome! Are you also going to re-texture Anne and weaponry? And are you also
going to use the voice overs from Anne and John P. Hammond? And does the game end like the original?
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Smissen wrote:Sounds awesome! Are you also going to re-texture Anne and weaponry? And are you also
going to use the voice overs from Anne and John P. Hammond? And does the game end like the original?
I wont really including Anne I don't think,not making it Anne specifically anyway.I did think about it because making the body would be easy as attaching part of a model to the 1st person camera.I'm definitely gonna include Anne's voice somewhere in the distance since its a nice and quick detail to put in and John Hammond's voice over will go in somewhere also.I have no idea where the game will end,its so early on and without gamplay yet,I'm building the docks for sure since I've already built similar to that for a project I can do it again fast. Weapons I'm not sure what to do,I can add a traditional FPS shooter hand pretty easily (there's pre-built ones for free) but haven't tested them out and not sure how adding new weapons works.Will try one out and add to the demo for sure but I don't think I'm even going to try adding Anne's arm-no idea where to start on how to do that.

Getting some work done today on the environment,will hopefully add some new images to this post later if I can.
Update:added a quick image,today I started putting in the final versions of the palm trees and the updated rocks as well as getting things put into proper positions and turning on collisions ect.Im adding all the rocks and trees by hand which is time consuming but means better control,still need to add ground cover plants.
Attachments
trespasser jurassic park remake game.jpg
trespasser jurassic park remake game.jpg (333.53 KiB) Viewed 11730 times
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Looks nice, after you what you're currently doing now (beach, cable car, Site B visitor center) what are you going to do next?
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]