Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Re: Remaking Trespasser

Post by vagrantart »

Been reading up on Cryengine a bit,tried exporting some animation from Maya but missing some file so will have to try again I think.Should have a update soon though,been making some changes to the project based on the feedback.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

So I've been working a little on my game project recently,its changed a fair bit and should have some updates soon.Thought I'd make a quick teaser poster type thing,modelled in Maya really quick-

JPController
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by JPController »

That reminds me, I need to shave.
trespasserfreak
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by trespasserfreak »

Any more updates?
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

I'm planning on updating sometime in the next week or so,been holding off to keep myself more motivated so it will be a pretty big update (probably done almost as much as in all my previous posts combined).It's improved though for sure and I took into account all the feedback,will hopefully have lots of images and video to show.
trespasserfreak
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by trespasserfreak »

Nice! I just wanna go ahead and say thank you for doing this. You're not getting paid to do it obviously, though by the way the game looks and the videos you've posted on YouTube look, it looks as though you should. You really have no idea how much this means to me. Trespasser was one of the first video games I remember playing as a young kid. I LOVE the JP movies and stuff. But Trespasser really got me hooked.

I have a ton of questions I want to ask, but I'll hold off until the next update.

It looks INCREDIBLE so far, so please DO NOT stop working on this! LOL
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

You deliver an amazingly high quality there. I like that you changed the setting to match the first movie. It's a good way to get right back into the JP feeling. Also air plains are more likely to crash in stormy weather than on a calm sunny day.
Is anyone else reminded of Risen 1? The musical style, the weather, the awakening on a beach, ...
████████████▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕▕   12.3%
template<class X> class CMicrosoftsCompilerIsBuggyAndWeHateIt (WorldDBase.cpp, #45)
BUGBUG: This shit needs to be replaced once we have a file abstraction layer (supportfn.cpp, #368)
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Welcome to Jurassic Park...

Find out more more on my blog
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

My my, someone sure has been busy ;)
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

lol yeah just a little,forgot to add this -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty4ZwNCr ... JR4ythBo9w[/youtube]

To explain a little more,I thought screw it I will learn Cryengine a few weeks ago.I was going to start by making a little area from JP 1 and the plot was simple,a few weeks after the events of the 1st film have passed and Costa Rican government is planning on firebombing the island but Ingen is arguing against it.Ingen hire you to get to the island and recover as much data as possible including DNA samples,they believe the dinosaurs will have died off.When you arrive you gain access to the labs and discover a fires broke out and the samples are destroyed,not only that Biosyn are there with a a similar mission.You then discover that the can nerdy lost had a tracking device so its off to recover that...and basically it would end with you having to go to site B..Trespasser remake begins..

I got carried away,no idea where its going next.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Oooh, nice.

VERY nice...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

It the first movie, Alan Grant and company went through the vents to arrive in the room, where they climbed down onto the scaffolding and then onto the skeleton. However, in your version I don't see any sort of vent.

Otherwise, it looks very nice. :)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

the vents are there on both sides,just follow up the scaffolding.You can actually climb the scaffolding from the same spot,the textures a bit specular in the images so it looks over shiney.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

vagrantart wrote:the vents are there on both sides,just follow up the scaffolding.You can actually climb the scaffolding from the same spot,the textures a bit specular in the images so it looks over shiney.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't seem to represent what was in the movie. Perhaps the vent is shining to give the illusion that you're seeing through it to outside, but even then there is nothing there behind the vent (as seen in the top-left of your version's image).
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

they shine is actually from a bump/spec map.the vent themselves are solid planes(no light comes through them).In the movie version the vent would be impossible from another angle as you would see it from any other angle through the windows.The entire roof is a continuity mess basically,it stands almost 2 meters higher inside than out,in my level I used layer switching so it could be more accurate inside and out but placing a cube going up into air and off to the side would have blocked light and when you stand on the 1st floor looked like a chimney / pretty silly.