Jurassic Time- Version 2.0

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Jurassic Time- Version 2.0

Post by scallenger »

Jurassic Time Gets Upgraded To A Version 2.0! It's Released!

Well all know of the recent discovery as of late that forum members have pointed out. But new sights aren't all that were found... new sounds as well. Some of the sounds are in the form of new lines of John Hammond dialogue, that are now for the first time integrated into the popular audio memoir: Jurassic Time. But not only that, every track in the memoir has been updated to have better sound quality and other fixes and edits. All around, it's better than ever. And it's available now.

So, click here to see the new version of a great story.

EDIT: Now the book edition by HUNDOLOS is also updated!

Original thread start...

In the novel Jurassic Park, Dr. Wu wanted to make the existing dinosaurs of the park better by enhancing them in certain ways. It was going to be his version 4.4. Well, I am now going to be just like Dr. Wu, only in this case I'm not quite that far ahead in the game, and making a mere version 2.0. :mrgreen:

For those of you who do not know, I am the creator of Jurassic Time- The Memoir Of John Parker Hammond, an audio book-like presentation of all the Hammond dialogue from the game, set to Bill Brown's wonderful score. It's site can be seen here.

As some of you may also know, due to the discovery of 7 lines of new dialogue from the Beta (well, 6 if you discount the dialogue now isolated from the introduction movie that was previously not), I am completely redoing at least 4 tracks from Jurassic Time.

The tracks that will be totally updated (with new scripts already completed) are:

01- John Parker Hammond
03- Arriving At Isla Sorna
06- Rulers Of The Island
07- Expanding The New Empire

However, not only will those tracks be getting major facelifts, but ALL the other tracks are going to be re-made/remastered so they sound better than they did before, hopefully! Their sequencing and perhaps music will stay the same as before.

So, want to wet your whistle and have a sneek peak? Have a listen at the first 2 updated tracks (in FLAC only for the time being, but when done, it will be up in MP3 only):

01- John Parker Hammond (link removed)

03- Arriving At Isla Sorna (link removed)

However, like most things that get a redux, some will still prefer the original version. Well no need to worry, because it'll still be available as well on the site. However, Version 2.0 will now be my preferred version, since it will be the most complete, and best-sounding release.

All news will be updated on this thread from this point on. No release date is set, but expect it as soon as possible. What do you guys think?
Last edited by scallenger on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 am, edited 9 times in total.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Re: Jurassic Time- Version 2.0

Post by hppav »

As I already told you before it is great work 8)
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

You know. I really don't think I'll ever have time - but now with the new Anne voiceovers, that Anne-audio project seems more interesting..
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Oh, you're remaking it? Good, because there was this little thing that bothered me, in the track 07 when Hammond talks about the monorail you actually use one of his lines that describe the power line:
VH88 wrote:The pylons ran for kilometers, one every.. hundred meters or so. I built them to last. Running east from the plant, they climbed the valley before descending south into the plains.
scallenger wrote:in FLAC only for the time being, but when done, it will be up in MP3 only
What is FLAC?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Nick3069 wrote:What is FLAC?
FLAC = Free Lossless Audio Codec

It's better quality than mp3 but takes hell of alot more space. Just a mp3 song thats like 5mb with mp3 can be 300mb in flac format.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

IIRC, FLAC is the format which audio CDs are actually written with. Like, absolutely no compression or even encoding, just pure sound.. That's basically what I heard anyway. Imagine it like a digital version of a vinyl record.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

I like FLAC because it is basically a compressed WAV file, making them half the size a normal WAV file would be. But yes, they are usually bigger than the largest MP3s.

Crap! Nick3069, I totally didn't realize that's what those lines were referring to! Since, you're right, an electricity pylon, part of an electric power transmission network, is what really does run through the locations that you mentioned. I should have realized a pylon, the support structure for a tram, does NOT run from the power plant into the valley and plains! Stupid me! You're the first person to ever mention it. I'll have to see what I can do...

People have also mentioned the out-of-place Mayan line that doesn't mention the Mayans. Unfortunately, that can't really go anywhere else than where I sort of have it now, so it's gonna say. I know some people want me to take it out, but I want it to be complete, damn it! But hey, you know how old people can sudden change subject without warning, right? :P

As for doing an Anne audio project, Draco, go for it! I still don't have a desire to do it anymore. You should have a look at my Jurassic Trek script package on the JT site to get an idea of how I think it could be done, so it's like an action/adventure story for the ears. ;)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

scallenger wrote: Crap! Nick3069, I totally didn't realize that's what those lines were referring to! Since, you're right, an electricity pylon, part of an electric power transmission network, is what really does run through the locations that you mentioned. I should have realized a pylon, the support structure for a tram, does NOT run from the power plant into the valley and plains! Stupid me! You're the first person to ever mention it. I'll have to see what I can do...
We had established that a long time ago... I haven't listened to JT, otherwise I'd have noticed.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Well excuuuuuse me, machf! ;) Luckily I hadn't re-done that track with the line yet (it's from Expanding A New Empire), but I think I found at least a decent spot for it to go (right next to the new line about the power plant). It's kind of out at a random moment now, but you know how crazy a jigsaw puzzle the whole story is, with a few parts STILL missing. But even Austin Grossman told me that it was always supposed to be fragmented.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, we had this discussion about that line, how those pylons weren't the monorail columns but the power pylons, from the description given. I remember mentioning that probably means that IJ3 was part of the Plains at one time, from the "descending south into the plains" part, since IJ3 runs parallel to what is left from the Plains in IT, and the pylons continue from PV over IJ3 into the town... that was a long time ago, and JT has been out for, how long already? And nobody mentioned it until now... sometimes things like that happen.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

:lol: nice ref!
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

hppav wrote::lol: nice ref!
So I wasn't the only person who instantly thought of this? XD
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

hppav wrote: :lol: nice ref!
I think I liked him better when he was mute. :lol:
makairu wrote:So I wasn't the only person who instantly thought of this? XD
:lol: Nope, I also.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lmfao!!! I never even saw that thing on TV. I wonder if looking it up would be a good alternative to playing the games, for finding out what the story is all about..

And btw machf. Your recent clearing up for me that Anne definitely does go around to the back of the town is part of my new reasoning that, sadly, IJ3 should NOT connect to (or be a part of) the Plains at all, despite that Hammond VO (maybe the script was changed slightly between recordings?). Becaaaause, in the Anne voiceovers, she clearly finds the power pylons and follows them to the town, and THEN goes to the Plains. It's the option which explains the most, to me (the only thing left unaccounted for is that particular voiceover about pylons in the Plains - back when I agreed that they should go into the real Plains, I insisted that the pylons really did run up to the PV gate, but Sam saw to it that I no longer believe in that :lol:).

EDIT: ! I should note that the pylons seem to go up all the way to the gate, in the Wireframe Max image of very early PV...
For those who can see it: https://cid-0009c9de613c2549.groups.sky ... erview.jpg
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I was just saying that's what I said back then.
And if you look at that magazine scan, pvoverview.jpg, you'll see that, at some point in time in the past, the pylons did run up the road to the dam and into the plains...

Oh, I see you just edited your post to mention that while I was replying...