Trespasser Cheat and saving help

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Xeno73
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Trespasser Cheat and saving help

Post by Xeno73 »

I just got trespasser, but I can't save it. I also can't use the level select cheat, am I doing something wrong?
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

What do you mean by "it won't save?"

To access the level menu, at the main menu when you start the game, pres [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[Q]+[W] then release [W]. There is a patch floating around here somewhere that adds a button to the menu to access the the level selection screen.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Xeno73
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xeno73 »

I hit save, and it won't show up in the load menu.
Oh, and thanks for the cheat help, Trecom's main site said you do it during the loading screen...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Did you enter a name for the savegame? You're required to.
Does the savegame show up in the Trespasser folder? It should be "SAVEGAME.###" (###=000 to 999).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Xeno73
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xeno73 »

machf wrote:Did you enter a name for the savegame? You're required to.
Does the savegame show up in the Trespasser folder? It should be "SAVEGAME.###" (###=000 to 999).
No, and there's no prompt to name it. I just hit save, the screen flashes, and it's done.
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

depending out your graphics card, sometimes a few of the menus are a little glitchy and will close out super fast

HOLD down escape when going to the pause menu, and keep it held until after you presss SAVE.
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
helldog4890
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

not saving either

Post by helldog4890 »

I hold down ESC, and when I click save it still flashes. No prompt, nothing to load.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

I had the same problem on a computer I was borrowing "helldog4890" no cheats no save dunno about my main computer havn't had tome to install it yet
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Kaplan
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Trespasser Cheat and saving help

Post by Kaplan »

I have the same problem: the CE patch won't save. Savegames do seem to appear (unless the one I see is the one I moved there from the ATX patch folder), but in the main folder and not in the saves folder. Moreover the coolest feature (being able to store multiple items) doesn't work either. The .ini file does work though, as one I changed it to tpass6.ini my screen suddenly changed size. For some reason (I forgot what I did) it somehow went back to normal. Is it too much to ask that someone could just reupload the CE patch, including the mod template thingy (so one downloads that, applies the patch to the game and gets all the folders in the right place and so forth). Also, as a (nearly) math graduate, I have some programming skills (not C though - I chose chaos theory over programming in C), so maybe I could be somewhat helpful. If not else, I'd be glad to learn, as it would be beneficial to me carreerwise. This is also my first post.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Welcome ;) I would suggest trying Trespasser 2020: A Trespasser Modding Starter Kit.
I've had some similar issues in the past, but this is a neat bundle and it worked perfectly for me, saving and cheats as well.
Good luck!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Welcome to the community!
I have the same problem: the CE patch won't save. Savegames do seem to appear (unless the one I see is the one I moved there from the ATX patch folder), but in the main folder and not in the saves folder.
Make sure the game is not installed in "Programs Folder", if it is, you need to run the game as admin in order to allow it to save.
Moreover the coolest feature (being able to store multiple items) doesn't work either.
It is a bit tricky to learn. Remember you can only store one hip item and one back item, and then something from the hand. I believe it is the arm rotation or wrist rotation button that you need to hold in order to make it work.
The .ini file does work though, as one I changed it to tpass6.ini my screen suddenly changed size. For some reason (I forgot what I did) it somehow went back to normal.
The INI file that comes with the CE patch need to be named trespasser.ini and not tpass6.ini. CE won't read that.
Is it too much to ask that someone could just reupload the CE patch, including the mod template thingy (so one downloads that, applies the patch to the game and gets all the folders in the right place and so forth).
I'd recommend what Hilwo above suggested. MikeTheRaptor put that together and is working really great, and it is portable! :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Kaplan
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Kaplan »

Is the 20th anniversary level in this modding kit complete? I recall having downloaded it at it was missing a lot of stuff. One felt as if he were wandering about aimlessly.
Kaplan
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Kaplan »

I should add: the kit is great. It's tidy and perfectly functional. Great job! Tres20 is still not complete though (at least in this version), as I'm told when I get to the JP1 gate near what is Hammond's mansion in the town level of the original (or near what looks like a water or gas extraction plant). Is there a newer version?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Kaplan wrote:Tres20 is still not complete though (at least in this version), as I'm told when I get to the JP1 gate near what is Hammond's mansion in the town level of the original (or near what looks like a water or gas extraction plant). Is there a newer version?
Unfortunately that is the current final version. I put those triggers in as placeholders since there is still a ton of room to add new things in that level. One of these days I do hope to come back and get it finished along with everyone else's help!
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
Kaplan wrote:Tres20 is still not complete though (at least in this version), as I'm told when I get to the JP1 gate near what is Hammond's mansion in the town level of the original (or near what looks like a water or gas extraction plant). Is there a newer version?
Unfortunately that is the current final version. I put those triggers in as placeholders since there is still a ton of room to add new things in that level. One of these days I do hope to come back and get it finished along with everyone else's help!
25th anniversary is coming up in 2 years. ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."