TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:39 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:37 pm 
Offline
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Site B
I just got trespasser, but I can't save it. I also can't use the level select cheat, am I doing something wrong?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:47 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:52 pm
Posts: 4720
Location: Atlanta
What do you mean by "it won't save?"

To access the level menu, at the main menu when you start the game, pres [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[Q]+[W] then release [W]. There is a patch floating around here somewhere that adds a button to the menu to access the the level selection screen.

_________________
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:55 pm 
Offline
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Site B
I hit save, and it won't show up in the load menu.
Oh, and thanks for the cheat help, Trecom's main site said you do it during the loading screen...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:38 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 12156
Location: Lima, Peru
Did you enter a name for the savegame? You're required to.
Does the savegame show up in the Trespasser folder? It should be "SAVEGAME.###" (###=000 to 999).

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:12 pm 
Offline
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Site B
machf wrote:
Did you enter a name for the savegame? You're required to.
Does the savegame show up in the Trespasser folder? It should be "SAVEGAME.###" (###=000 to 999).

No, and there's no prompt to name it. I just hit save, the screen flashes, and it's done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:49 am 
Offline
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1180
depending out your graphics card, sometimes a few of the menus are a little glitchy and will close out super fast

HOLD down escape when going to the pause menu, and keep it held until after you presss SAVE.

_________________
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: not saving either
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:16 pm 
Offline
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:04 pm
Posts: 13
I hold down ESC, and when I click save it still flashes. No prompt, nothing to load.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:23 pm 
Offline
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:11 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere
I had the same problem on a computer I was borrowing "helldog4890" no cheats no save dunno about my main computer havn't had tome to install it yet

_________________
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:34 pm 
Offline
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:26 pm
Posts: 5
I have the same problem: the CE patch won't save. Savegames do seem to appear (unless the one I see is the one I moved there from the ATX patch folder), but in the main folder and not in the saves folder. Moreover the coolest feature (being able to store multiple items) doesn't work either. The .ini file does work though, as one I changed it to tpass6.ini my screen suddenly changed size. For some reason (I forgot what I did) it somehow went back to normal. Is it too much to ask that someone could just reupload the CE patch, including the mod template thingy (so one downloads that, applies the patch to the game and gets all the folders in the right place and so forth). Also, as a (nearly) math graduate, I have some programming skills (not C though - I chose chaos theory over programming in C), so maybe I could be somewhat helpful. If not else, I'd be glad to learn, as it would be beneficial to me carreerwise. This is also my first post.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:18 pm 
Offline
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:06 pm
Posts: 2353
Welcome ;) I would suggest trying Trespasser 2020: A Trespasser Modding Starter Kit.
I've had some similar issues in the past, but this is a neat bundle and it worked perfectly for me, saving and cheats as well.
Good luck!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:18 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 4428
Location: Sweden
Welcome to the community!

Quote:
I have the same problem: the CE patch won't save. Savegames do seem to appear (unless the one I see is the one I moved there from the ATX patch folder), but in the main folder and not in the saves folder.

Make sure the game is not installed in "Programs Folder", if it is, you need to run the game as admin in order to allow it to save.

Quote:
Moreover the coolest feature (being able to store multiple items) doesn't work either.

It is a bit tricky to learn. Remember you can only store one hip item and one back item, and then something from the hand. I believe it is the arm rotation or wrist rotation button that you need to hold in order to make it work.

Quote:
The .ini file does work though, as one I changed it to tpass6.ini my screen suddenly changed size. For some reason (I forgot what I did) it somehow went back to normal.

The INI file that comes with the CE patch need to be named trespasser.ini and not tpass6.ini. CE won't read that.

Quote:
Is it too much to ask that someone could just reupload the CE patch, including the mod template thingy (so one downloads that, applies the patch to the game and gets all the folders in the right place and so forth).

I'd recommend what Hilwo above suggested. MikeTheRaptor put that together and is working really great, and it is portable! :)

_________________
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna - Working on PH2-IT (and experimental BE-IT).

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:00 pm 
Offline
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:26 pm
Posts: 5
Is the 20th anniversary level in this modding kit complete? I recall having downloaded it at it was missing a lot of stuff. One felt as if he were wandering about aimlessly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:05 pm 
Offline
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:26 pm
Posts: 5
I should add: the kit is great. It's tidy and perfectly functional. Great job! Tres20 is still not complete though (at least in this version), as I'm told when I get to the JP1 gate near what is Hammond's mansion in the town level of the original (or near what looks like a water or gas extraction plant). Is there a newer version?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:20 am 
Offline
T-Rex
T-Rex
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: Canada, eh?
Kaplan wrote:
Tres20 is still not complete though (at least in this version), as I'm told when I get to the JP1 gate near what is Hammond's mansion in the town level of the original (or near what looks like a water or gas extraction plant). Is there a newer version?

Unfortunately that is the current final version. I put those triggers in as placeholders since there is still a ton of room to add new things in that level. One of these days I do hope to come back and get it finished along with everyone else's help!

_________________
Current Project: Cloning Facility | My Release Thread
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:31 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 4428
Location: Sweden
TheIdiot wrote:
Kaplan wrote:
Tres20 is still not complete though (at least in this version), as I'm told when I get to the JP1 gate near what is Hammond's mansion in the town level of the original (or near what looks like a water or gas extraction plant). Is there a newer version?

Unfortunately that is the current final version. I put those triggers in as placeholders since there is still a ton of room to add new things in that level. One of these days I do hope to come back and get it finished along with everyone else's help!


25th anniversary is coming up in 2 years. ;)

_________________
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna - Working on PH2-IT (and experimental BE-IT).

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group