Tpahack Problems

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Tpahack Problems

Post by Guest »

Okay, I hope you can help me out here. I'm trying to re-extract some of the music files from Trespasser because when I did it a few months ago, I had all of them, but now half of them don't work/play. So when I open Tpahack, no matter what key I hit, it always exits the program. Was there some step before this that I'm forgetting because I've been able to do it before.

Also is the screen supposed to say anything else besides:

"Welcome to TPAHack v0.20 by PenguiN42 and Iguanaman -- 1998-1999
This is an UNSUPPORTED ALPHA version. Use at your own risk!!!
Neither THS nor the authors of the programs are responsible for any problems this program may cause! It hasn't broken our machines, but you never know with C/C++
please specify a valid tpa file name on the command line"

So whatever key I press after that, it automatically exits the program. Help! Thanks in advance.
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

I had that problem (MS DOS closing when I pressed a key) too a while back... fixed by itself, dunno what was wrong.

The audio not working.. thats because half or 3 quarters of Tres's audio is compressed with an audio codec that makes the file smaller. Most audio players won't be able to play them.
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

To listen to all of the audio, use Quicktime. To get TPAHack to work, take Stream.tpa and drag it into TPAHack. That's how I got it to work for me.
MikeTheRaptor
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Oh right.. I forgot about quicktime.
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

To uncode the music in order to listen to it with RealPlayer or whatever else, download a program called CoolEdit. I have not done this myself, but it should work.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the help. When you say stream.tpa, what do you mean? Where do I find that?
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

Stream.tpa is the file with all of the voice-overs and music. (TPA)Hack. It is in the data file of Trespasser.
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.

Post by Guest »

lol, I found it right after i posted. then, i drug it into the file and it worked. the only thing I need to know now is what do I type when it asks for the "directory in which the extraction takes place"?
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

You should make a directory in the C: drive. Ex C: Tresmusic
Type this in.

Also, if you like Trespasser this much, you should become a member of the forum. :)
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.

Post by Guest »

Wait! Found out right after I posted again. It works now. Thanks for all of the help!![/i]
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

No problem! Now take a chance and join! :wink: