Trespasser HD remake: Untitled Dinosaur Game

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

GeoffTheGiraffe
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Trespasser HD remake: Untitled Dinosaur Game

Post by GeoffTheGiraffe »

Hello all! I have been working on a personal project that began life as a school project during spring 2020. In this project I was tasked with being a game director and "hiring" classmates with the skills I required. As the game director I obviously chose to remake the best game ever! Long story short, we created a game that was just as buggy if not worse than trespasser in the span of 3 months.

I learned a lot from that experience and fast-forward to today, I am graduated with bachelors in design and comp sci. I now have all the time in the world so why not start over from scratch and make the game I wanted to make since I first learned about Trespasser 11 years ago!

My goal is to create an HD remake of Trespasser while maintaining the physics based gameplay without the janky arm. I am by no means a master programmer but I am learning so much everyday and will strive to make this as bug free of an experience as possible 8)

Anyways, enough blabbering you can follow the development on my Itch: https://geoff-the-giraffe.itch.io/untit ... osaur-game

Graphics are a WIP. Currently have a legacy version of my game and the current test build for mechanics UDG-Controller-Test V(#)
Feel free to leave feedback and suggestions! Please report any bugs and Ill do my best to address them!
Rawr.JPG
Rawr.JPG (261.29 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Trespasser HD remake: Untitled Dinosaur Game

Post by TheIdiot »

Welcome to the site! :)

Not sure why your post wasn't approved, but I checked and approved it for you and also fixed your link. :wink:

This looks interesting. The physics-based gameplay is what makes Trespasser unique so I feel that keeping that element is key, as many remakes seem to forget all about it. I also appreciate the extent that you used what look like custom models, which is something that is generally skipped in favour of stock assets or direct rips from Trespasser itself.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

As I've said, I really like how there has been an increase in various remakes/re-imaginations of this game lately. While I am personally just modding the game itself, it is nice to see the love people have for it. Like what I see! :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
GeoffTheGiraffe
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

TheIdiot wrote:Welcome to the site! :)

Not sure why your post wasn't approved, but I checked and approved it for you and also fixed your link. :wink:

This looks interesting. The physics-based gameplay is what makes Trespasser unique so I feel that keeping that element is key, as many remakes seem to forget all about it. I also appreciate the extent that you used what look like custom models, which is something that is generally skipped in favour of stock assets or direct rips from Trespasser itself.
Thanks for fixing the link and approving the post :)

Yeah my plan is to use as many custom models since I'm striving for a certain level of visual fidelity. Luckily I am sort of a Jack of all trades when it comes to design and development work so I can both code and create most of my own assets.

Quick question, If I where to post updates for my builds. Should I create a new forum post or keep updating this one? Thank you! this community has been amazing!
tatu wrote:As I've said, I really like how there has been an increase in various remakes/re-imaginations of this game lately. While I am personally just modding the game itself, it is nice to see the love people have for it. Like what I see! :D

Thank you! Knowing I have people that like what I am doing is definitely motivation to keep going!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Quick question, If I where to post updates for my builds. Should I create a new forum post or keep updating this one? Thank you! this community has been amazing!
You can edit your original post using the button in the bottom right and add links for newer builds, as well as make new posts to let us know when you're updating, what changes there are, etc. So long as you're not double-posting within 24 hours of your last post, you're good to go. :)
GeoffTheGiraffe
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

TheIdiot wrote:You can edit your original post using the button in the bottom right :)
Thanks! Will do :mrgreen:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I agree with Tatu, it is great to see these Trespasser recreations in other engines. I used to frown on them a bit but they're growing on me, and this one looks like it has lots of potential too.

It is great to have a programmer around. Too bad you're not interested in modding the original game!
GeoffTheGiraffe
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Draconisaurus wrote:I agree with Tatu, it is great to see these Trespasser recreations in other engines. I used to frown on them a bit but they're growing on me, and this one looks like it has lots of potential too.

It is great to have a programmer around. Too bad you're not interested in modding the original game!
Thank You! Ive been working on it over the summer and have added a lot! Somehow didn't get a notification for your reply, better late than never! lol

I would love to try my hand at modding the original game when I'm done with the recreation but that is still a ways away :sleeping:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well keep us posted! Have you got screenshots of progress?