TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 5:07 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

I somehow forgot to tell you all this INSANE thing that happened to me last month. Check out my Jurassic Outpost article for the full details, but in short: I went to a special preview of an art exhibit for Jurassic Park's production designer Rick Carter. Me and Rick have been in correspondence due to this production I created (which included me interviewing him). So I go there, only expecting to meet him. Oh, but no... I also met the storyboard artist David Lowery and art director John Bell (both of whom I have also interviewed). So it was really surreal.

But then, just as I am talking about the production I made for Rick, and showed off a Blu-ray cover for it... someone nearby saw it, and saw the URL for my Jurassic Time site (jurassictime.trescom.org) and he suddenly said, "I think I know who you are." And so, Seamus Blackley introduced himself, as I realized I knew who he was! I didn't at first, but to be fair he was wearing a face mask!

He was amazing to talk to! We chatted for maybe close to 10 minutes? He was just very nice and had an amazing personality. And of course, at one point in our conversation, I brought up Trespasser itself and told him just how much it meant to me and to everyone like at TresCom, despite it's flaws and how it all turned out... and how for me it was "my great escape" to a world I had always wanted to go. Then, he put his hand on my shoulder, and I think either he felt emotional from me saying that or pretended to be (haha), and thanked me for my words. The event was a pretty big party with other people around (I also bumped into the production designer of E.T., for example), so we both parted not long after that. But wow... meeting Seamus was definitely a highlight to what was a really insane experience for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:18 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Oh man! That is some nice luck. I actually already saw that article and posted here about the full-resolution "Guernica", but didn't get through the whole page. That sounds like a really nice time. Has a TresCom member ever met a dev in person before this? :O

"Well, as long as you're under there, you can check the breakers," Thorne said. ... "There's a box right behind the front bumper. Over on the left."
"I see it." [said Sarah]
"The box is in backward. Flip all the switches the other way. Are you dry?"
"No, Doc. I'm soaking wet, lying in the damn mud."

~Michael Crichton

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:15 pm 

That is amazing! I think it is easy to write something online how something it is so important to them, but it feels more when someone tells you it :D

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:13 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Great for someone from TresCom to finally let him know how much this game means to all of us. I'm certain he must have been genuinely glad to hear what you told him, after Tres recieved so much backlash which still persists to this day. Seamus always came off as the kind of guy who appreciates fans of his work, so you meeting him and telling him that this little community so strongly enjoys something which many have shunned must have meant a lot to him. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:02 am 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

That is awesome, thanks for sharing :D

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 2:00 am 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Cool. Trespasser clearly meant a lot to Seamus, it was his baby and it's considered one of his big career failures, so I'm sure he appreceated you telling him how much you love his game.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 11:33 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

That is pretty damn cool, Scal. Would have loved to pick his brain about tres, but I imagine he probably wouldn't be too keen on that. I met a few
celebs in my life, Ali McGraw, Jane Fonda, the Skynyrd boys, but my favorite was Bill Shatner. He was funnier that hell. I got a pic of me, him and
my nephew together (I really should hang it up on my wall sometime).

Final Updates Below:

Anthology_CE- Tc_Prequel Final : https://www.mediafire.com/file/tvk87fl3 ... l.zip/file
Anthology_CE - TC Level Final (Spitter): https://www.mediafire.com/file/waw5e05r ... 2.zip/file
Anthology_CE - tc_isle Level Final: (Spitter): https://www.mediafire.com/file/zxzv7bud ... 2.zip/file

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:37 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Someone in the TresCom Discord just linked this, thought it wouldn't be right for it to be missing from the forum -
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... gIlkxqkJVc

"Well, as long as you're under there, you can check the breakers," Thorne said. ... "There's a box right behind the front bumper. Over on the left."
"I see it." [said Sarah]
"The box is in backward. Flip all the switches the other way. Are you dry?"
"No, Doc. I'm soaking wet, lying in the damn mud."

~Michael Crichton