Back at it…

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

wohoyefe
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Re: Back at it…

Post by wohoyefe »

That's what happens but it's always good because it gives you the opportunity to take a break and come back with new ideas and angles to look at it.

I'm glad you went through the script because I think it will give you so much background information to build upon. My biggest recommendation would be to take things slow, don't rush the story and show as much as possible that has previously never been seen, because that's what will make the audience most excited, the things we have not seen yet. For example her bus ride to Mexico, or like a shot from inside the cockpit with Marquiz shocked face desperately trying to save the plane. Also you can be creative in terms of the panel layout and have some different shapes or full-page panels with one or two smaller squares inside.

In terms of your story-telling question as to the memoir, the hunters, etc, I think you have the following options:

- telling small bits of the side story whenever you come to a point of the main story where it makes sense
- write the side story as a completely different comic
- break your main story into different chapters and every now and then, a chapter is about the side story rather than the main story. This is how most comics that I read nowadays actually solve that problem. For example Dragonball Multiverse. And it gives you the opportunity to leave chapters of either story with a cliffhanger every time.

Either way, I'm looking forward to everything you're coming up with, I truly think this is one of the dopest things I've seen in the community. Not to make anything else less interesting, everything this community has created is amazing and is a little wonder in itself, but this is just something so different and it has that exciting potential to show a lot of things never seen before.
A radio. A phone? A can with a string?
---
Trespasser Awakening (a HD Trespasser Remake)
Download from: https://trespasser-awakening.wixsite.com/site-b
Or directly: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... p5QF6dwDjl
Latest version: 22m5vE (May 31st, 2022)
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

wohoyefe wrote:That's what happens but it's always good because it gives you the opportunity to take a break and come back with new ideas and angles to look at it.

I'm glad you went through the script because I think it will give you so much background information to build upon. My biggest recommendation would be to take things slow, don't rush the story and show as much as possible that has previously never been seen, because that's what will make the audience most excited, the things we have not seen yet. For example her bus ride to Mexico, or like a shot from inside the cockpit with Marquiz shocked face desperately trying to save the plane. Also you can be creative in terms of the panel layout and have some different shapes or full-page panels with one or two smaller squares inside.

In terms of your story-telling question as to the memoir, the hunters, etc, I think you have the following options:

- telling small bits of the side story whenever you come to a point of the main story where it makes sense
- write the side story as a completely different comic
- break your main story into different chapters and every now and then, a chapter is about the side story rather than the main story. This is how most comics that I read nowadays actually solve that problem. For example Dragonball Multiverse. And it gives you the opportunity to leave chapters of either story with a cliffhanger every time.

Either way, I'm looking forward to everything you're coming up with, I truly think this is one of the dopest things I've seen in the community. Not to make anything else less interesting, everything this community has created is amazing and is a little wonder in itself, but this is just something so different and it has that exciting potential to show a lot of things never seen before.
I do want to do this story the absolute justice it deserves and make it worth reading, after drawing the cutscenes I realized the pace of the story was way to fast. But there are so many gaps to fill. I’ve read in the strategy guide that Anne was traveling to Costa Rica to find out what she is going to do with her life and I quite like that idea. Traveling by bus to Mexico, but from where? I think it’ll play out eventually, just need to think it through.

At some points I do want to make some stuff that relates it better to TLW, the destroyed hunter camp, the town a bit closer to the movie, but still having that Trespasser vibe…

The ideas are plenty, just need them to find their way.

And once again, thank you for the huge compliment.
wohoyefe
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by wohoyefe »

It's definitely no small task you took on here ☺️
But another advice I would give is that you don't have to have the right answer for everything. There's only that much that the writers have put into the story and if the information is not there, then it gives you a certain freedom to come up with it yourself. Personally, I see that as an advantage and it doesn't matter if people agree with the choice made or not.

Are you on the trespasser discord as well? Because whenever there are gaps in the story, there's always someone who knows something. We actually only just recently had this conversation on discord about where Anne is from and I believe many are inclined to the Californian coast. There's a line where she says "I rode south along the coast", in my opinion a good indication that's she's from California where she took the bus to Mexico along the coast
---
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

wohoyefe wrote:It's definitely no small task you took on here ☺️
But another advice I would give is that you don't have to have the right answer for everything. There's only that much that the writers have put into the story and if the information is not there, then it gives you a certain freedom to come up with it yourself. Personally, I see that as an advantage and it doesn't matter if people agree with the choice made or not.

Are you on the trespasser discord as well? Because whenever there are gaps in the story, there's always someone who knows something. We actually only just recently had this conversation on discord about where Anne is from and I believe many are inclined to the Californian coast. There's a line where she says "I rode south along the coast", in my opinion a good indication that's she's from California where she took the bus to Mexico along the coast
I’m not on discord, but I do remember that line. And there is a lot of freedom to take on the story of Anne herself. I probably will have her waken up by compy’s, just pulling her hair and than fleeing in to the jungle next to the beach, she just might see a tail or something… I will get there in a decade or 5.. :P
wohoyefe
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by wohoyefe »

I love that idea. Stuff like this make the story even richer and add more layers
---
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

This is featured on the latest news post :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

Thanks for all the input and for making it a news post. :mrgreen:

I feel like Trespasser doesn't really live up to John's spared no expense building style, so in my story there will be some more safety precautions, like the JP gates for workers and stuff like that. Other things that kind of bothered me playing the game again is for example the billboard. When investors or visitors would come to the island, they will be coming from the monorail station, not from the beach, so the billboard should be at least V-shaped, imo.

The seesaw in the first level doesn't seem fit to drive over with a car, so it is now a ramp. The brachiosaurs on the beginning don't have enough space, so I came to the point of re-writing the story first before drawing it, The first level is in draft and I do like it. It will be a bit different from the game but the key elements are still there and I didn't go completely off script.

I will be going back and forth on Anne's journey and Hammond's memoir. Try to move it into chapters as suggested. I've never done anything like this, so it'll be a long haul, I believe. I don't like my own handwriting very much, but I will try to make that work.

I haven't drawn a graphic novel, or comic, on this scale yet, but I do feel energized by this community to make it work. Thank you guys for supporting! Any suggestions will be appreciated, of course. :mrgreen:
killer89
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by killer89 »

Lovely stuff right there.

Only note i have is that Pteranodon crashing on the plane would have been another cause of plane going down.
Remember the
Spoiler: show
BioSyn helicopter and the smuggler plane.
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

killer89 wrote:Lovely stuff right there.

Only note i have is that Pteranodon crashing on the plane would have been another cause of plane going down.
Remember the
Spoiler: show
BioSyn helicopter and the smuggler plane.
That sure is an option, but I don't think all three of the aircrafts should be downed at the same cause, the other aircrafts, BioSyn and the smugglers would've flown directly in the Pteranodon's territory, I think Marquez would be smart enought not to take the route exactly over the restricted area, only by accident. I can implement both of the other cases with Pteranodon's, they were more inland. So heading into an emergency with engine failure seems plausible to go and try make an emergency landing near some form of land...

I'ld like to hear you're thoughts about it...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Not clear if you've seen it, but here is the original, rather lengthy script for John Hammond, much of it unrecorded: https://jurassictime.wixsite.com/memoir ... -resources
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

Draconisaurus wrote:Not clear if you've seen it, but here is the original, rather lengthy script for John Hammond, much of it unrecorded: https://jurassictime.wixsite.com/memoir ... -resources
Have it indeed, I'm using the original script and walkthrough from Jurassic Time, to make it as complete as possible, also using TLW as a reference for some scenes and Hammond's memoir. It's a big resource database to read through.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Have you tried making an outline?
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

Draconisaurus wrote:Have you tried making an outline?
Not yet, yesterday I've started with a script for the prologue of Anne travelling from San Bernadino to Acapulco, from that airport on her way to Golfito, Costa Rica. The prologue itself won't be too long, maybe one or two pages.

Aircrash, pteranodon/storm or engine failure, not sure what will happen to the plane, emergency landing, level 1, beach to monorail...

I won't reveal too much, I'ld like to have something to show you guys... :wink:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nice art there...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files